MMOPRGS on consoles?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone else would like to see some? i mean i think the 360/ps3 would do well with a MMORPG or two i know Conan is out probably late this year for the 360 but then i read the other day that the marvel thing was canceled for it.

A game that i would like to see out on the 360 is probably Tabula Rasa which would work well imo on the 360.

WoW would also work i even play wow with the 360 controller alot now.

Phantasy Universe is ok but it aint really an MMO in my opinion

FFXI is just plain shite.

Anyone else want a few online games for the consoles?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If they gave me keyboard and mouse as control options I would happily do it, can't see myself playing one on a joypad though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thing is if you had a mouse/kb where would you put it? i play my 360 on my bed or on my bean bag depending on which i feel ike doing i just can't imagine a kb/mouse on the bed and trying to play that way when you need a nice flat service for your kb/mouse.

Unless you had one of those Hospital table thing that fit around ur bed lol :)

Keyboard aint really an issue on 360 its the mouse MS won't allow on it.

I just really want an online game but i cba being hunched over my PC at 1am in the morning 3 inches away from the screen ;/ just can't do it anymore.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
FFXI is just plain shite.

It's the best MMORPG out there and the only one I'd ever play again. We all know you hate everything Final Fantasy, so your opinion on the matter has little weight :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
give it time, 360 will get one, prolly will be good reason to invest in the chat pad when it does. ps3 i think has one jap based one and one being made by sony online

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's the best MMORPG out there and the only one I'd ever play again. We all know you hate everything Final Fantasy, so your opinion on the matter has little weight :p

Agree, its definately the best mmo out at the moment.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I would love to return to FFXI, but im afraid my character is deleted :/ and it's probably too late to start all over.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
would be nice if there was mmorpg on ps3 which via remote play on psp you could play. i stopped playing wow as every onles was lvl 50 on lost exiles while i was still lvl 15

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I would love to return to FFXI, but im afraid my character is deleted :/ and it's probably too late to start all over.

Exactly the same for me. It was so much work doing all of the missions including Zilart stuff. To start from 1 again would be a long, tough road, even with friends willing to help out.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Shite was probably the wrong wording.

I've tried it a few times now and not been able to get on with it mainly because there is almost no tutorial and it just throws you in.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved

Based on what? I've always been an endgame PvP/RvR style MMO player. If I'm not reaching a goal of being able to smash someone's virtual skull with more efficiency, i'm not that interested! I presume FFXI would not satisfy the needs of an mmo player such as myself?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Based on what? I've always been an endgame PvP/RvR style MMO player. If I'm not reaching a goal of being able to smash someone's virtual skull with more efficiency, i'm not that interested! I presume FFXI would not satisfy the needs of an mmo player such as myself?

Probably not. It does have PVP but the game is certainly built around doing story missions and end game PVE.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Console companies are a bit nervous about MMOs because they're a time suck and a lot of console owners have them under the TV in the living room so they can't monopolise the the TV all the time. Then there's the controller issue, setting up the server infrastructure, and for them, if a console MMO was too successful it could hurt their royalty structure as people hooked on MMOs buy fewer games.

Console MMOs will definitely happen (NCSoft are working on some I think), but a really successful one could be a double-edged sword.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Console companies are a bit nervous about MMOs because they're a time suck and a lot of console owners have them under the TV in the living room so they can't monopolise the the TV all the time. Then there's the controller issue, setting up the server infrastructure, and for them, if a console MMO was too successful it could hurt their royalty structure as people hooked on MMOs buy fewer games.

Console MMOs will definitely happen (NCSoft are working on some I think), but a really successful one could be a double-edged sword.

There isn't much truth to that. The same would apply to long RPGs.

The only obstacle is how well an MMO fits on a console. The same reason you don't see many good RTS games. Nothing to do with sucking peoples time up!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There isn't much truth to that. The same would apply to long RPGs.

The only obstacle is how well an MMO fits on a console. The same reason you don't see many good RTS games. Nothing to do with sucking peoples time up!

*Smacks ST^ around the head with the 400 page DFC document that asked the publishers and console manufacturers why you don't get many MMOs on consoles*

Embattle

FH is my second home
I suspect these sort of games won't appear in any volume until the next gen consoles start appearing.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I was hunting around the other day and found this 360 MMO

Champions Online Official Site

From Cryptic the COH/COV guys.

It looks the same as those two games but i don't care as COH/COV was a blast.

Looking at the website + forums it seems Cryptic are in full development on this game lots of Dev posts on the forums asking what players would like to see this looks very promising and imo a Heros/villians game would be a huge draw for any console owner.

Looks promising folks!

Hope a beta comes soon.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They simply wouldn't work on a console what with all the expansions, patches, UI mods, 3rd party voice coms etc etc (no ingame voice com system is worth anything) then there is the controls FPS games are bad enough with a control pad, can you imagine what it would be like to play WoW or any other game that requires more than a couple of keys/buttons?

No this is not an anti console post before anyone gets sand in their crack, consoles should stick at what they are good at, entertainment for you and your friends after the pub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom