mmmmmm World of Warcraft...

D

dweam

http://www.worldofwar.net/cgi-bin/d...dasafish.com/criticaleye/WoWMarchGameplay.zip (22mb gameplay video - requires divx codec to play)

also avaliable here:- http://www.blizzard.com/wow/movies/

I know where I'm going the second this thing is available :p

Oops best make this DAoC related so it dont get moved... so if DAoC were to end what would you do?

Damn someone already did that... errrrr I know! What features from DAoC do you think people will pick up on and use in the next generation of MMORPGs?

*phew* think I did it :D

O

old.Zorewin

1 thing m8 just remember one thing BLIZZARD IS THE GOD GAME COMPAGNY there is no other compagny who cares that much about his players and there the only one that makes games really wort buying everytime i never had a bad game of blizzard they take 5 years to make yes but when you get it you GET THE BEST !

D

dweam

hehe yup was kinda what I was saying ;)

GIVFZ ARENA WITH BIG GIANTZ TO KILLLLL!!!!11!!!!!!

T

Tesla Monkor

The only problem with Blizzard is that they're so dedicated to bringing good games they usually take 2 years longer than the announced release date to actually appear. ;P

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
The only problem with Blizzard is that they're so dedicated to bringing good games they usually take 2 years longer than the announced release date to actually appear. ;P

Why is that a problem? Do you have a terminal illness or something?

a.

D

dweam

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion

Why is that a problem? Do you have a terminal illness or something?

a.

I can see the answer coming a mile off...

:D

L

-Lonewolf-

What AMAZING games have blizzard made then?

I can recall one Star Craft wicked game what others?

J

j000 d000d

Diablo

Diablo 2

Warcraft 2

Warcraft 3

I had a great time with all, excluding multiplayer.

B

Belsameth

matter of taste I guess, but Diablo 2 and their Warcraft serie where all kinda awesome, to say the least.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Diablo II is shyte. But it comes down to personal taste, methinks..

G

g0ldenbone

They make some decent games for sure... but they also make some crap..

For my money they lack any real creativity (in terms of game dynamics/mechanics), but have a knack for good implimentation and solid game design. Dont know how this will affect MMPRPG developement but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Fingers crossed though, its certainly looks pretty smart.

G

Gandir

Blizzard are the best game developer that does exist. They have very talented people in, graphic, design, story writing, and coding. I think WoW is gonna be really good, and just look at the new movie, that is how landscapes in games should look like. And also Blizzard is not going to release that game from it's finnished, not even if there publisher says they need to release it. They would rather scrap the game than release it earlier than finnished.

We have a high quality MMPORG to look forward towards with WoW. To make a qoute "The force is strong in that one" :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Gandir
And also Blizzard is not going to release that game from it's finnished, not even if there publisher says they need to release it. They would rather scrap the game than release it earlier than finnished.

That's why DII was/is filled with bugs, right?

I think so.

H

Hulbur

Diablo II is shyte. But it comes down to personal taste, methinks..

/slap
/rude

It dosn't come down to personal taste, D2 was teh über! Now go play one of your text based roleplaying muds! :D

Blizzard makes great games, and maybe there was some bugs and glitches in D2 that needed to be ironed out after release, but they did that for free.

You never had to pay €7 a month to play on battle.net.

So just imagine how the service is going to be like if you actually pay them for it :D

S

Shike

blizzard and interplay are the 2 best gamemakers in the world imo, starcraft, warcraftseries, baldurseries and planescape torment to mention some _great_ games that simply shine more than other games.

show me one game that is more balanced than starcraft between the 3 races ;)

I am definetely giving WoW a chanse when its out 2004 :clap:
Before that I was thinking of trying out EQ2 aswell this last quarter of 2003.

I dont think Daoc is a bad game, not at all, Its just sad to see how mythic cocks up and do fixes that cocks it up even more all the time. Realmbalance is a totally unknown concept over at Mythics HQ. And... GoA is a company that have total crapservice tbh. A supportsection that consists of total n00bs that is afraid of saying anything at all that might help customers is just plainly unacceptable and the way they answer things out of a database of random words that form useless sentences should not even exist.

I just pray for one thing, and that is that when they release WoW, we dont have to play towards a server placed in France.

O

old.Raziel

Are u mad, Interplay are bloody awfull, they used to be good, but over the last few years they have release some right buggy shit, ok the games were good, but they push for release and then dont support more than like 3 patches so the game stays buggy as hell

S

Shike

whops, forgot to add that i havent really played any new game from Interplay, however, the games built on the engine in baldurs are all awesome^^ (at least imho) ;)

H

-Hellforged-

Well, blizzard is a classic example of first-lesson game-making rules.

Most "creative", "innovative" game making companies today forget the damn basics, and Blizzard are simply flawless.

Im sure WoW wont be AO2 when it comes to launching a flawless, solid game, and as for blizzard's arsenal of games, well heres a few I can think of:

Starcraft series, a definate all-time strategy classic, I'd daresay the Father of all today's strategy games.

Diablo...well, diablo was very needed, we all know the concept by now, simplify D&D, and it worked well, and it is yet another classic.

Diablo 2 isnt too special...but lives to its concept, right on.

Starcraft's twin classic, Warcraft, of course, can it be the mother..?

And alot of good oldies we all probably dont remember as much, but are all part of blizzard ev. process.

Long live and prosper, blizzard.

L

-Lonewolf-

So let me get this straight a company who have made 4-5 games each of which are sequels of the previous version so lets just say Blizzard have made 3 original good games

Hardly astounding is it

Don't count your chickens before they hatch is all I am gonna say I completely on the band wagon that WoW is going to be amazing and my god that movie just seems to prove it, however I am not the type of person to follow the herd and like to take a more impartial view

This is their first step in the MMORPG world and compared to single player games or peer to peer type games they are WORLDS apart

Discuss?

D

dweam

Man this post got serious fast...

hmmmm

4ll j00 bl1zz4rd d0u8t3rz 4r3 teh sux00rrrz!

thats better :)

E

Esoteric

Downloaded the video but I can't play it for some reason any suggestions? I have latest media player do I need somin else?

O

old.Normengast

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
So let me get this straight a company who have made 4-5 games each of which are sequels of the previous version so lets just say Blizzard have made 3 original good games

Hardly astounding is it

Don't count your chickens before they hatch is all I am gonna say I completely on the band wagon that WoW is going to be amazing and my god that movie just seems to prove it, however I am not the type of person to follow the herd and like to take a more impartial view

This is their first step in the MMORPG world and compared to single player games or peer to peer type games they are WORLDS apart

Discuss?

You are right. Other companies make sequels as well but they just give them completely new names..

L

-Lonewolf-

Well most sequels are based on the same engine of the previous game just tweaked a little bit to look better or run more efficiently

NWN being a perfect example of an exception.

Thats all I was implying

However I love all Blizzards games and think they will do a darn good job of it you can count me in on this game! WOO

J

Jerjerod

i could be tempted just by the blizzard name, but WHO is going to be out at around the same time and it looks like its going to be amaizing! so ill wait and see.

A

Alrindel

The official WoW FAQs are very spotty on gameplay information, probably because Blizzard don't themselves know the details on how PVE, PVP, GVG and RVR are going to be handled yet. A pretty video can show off an impressive graphics engine and some high quality artwork, but a MMORPG with great graphics and dull gameplay won't fly (cough AC2 cough).

World of Warcraft is definitely a title to watch, and I'll be looking with interest to see the first reports from beta as to how much fun it is to play. But it's way too early to pass judgement on it, or even decide on whether or not to give it a go.

E

Esoteric

http://www.divx.com/divx/

Hmm try clicking for the free one guess what no download. Guess there just pretending to supply free software.

Ok this is bugging me downloaded Qtime and also found a link for Divx and I still can't bloody play it. HELP the MUPPET (i.e me)

Can anyone suggest anything Im out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom