MMA : Gina Carano

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Omg this woman is smoking hot and she ain't a bad fighter either!

1018.jpg

gina_pink_118jpggina_pink_118_thumb_800x0.jpg

Strikeforce Carano vs. Cyborg Weigh-in Video | Other Videos | Myvideofight.com

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
wow.. nothiang turns me on moer than two girls knockijg the shit out of eachother

who wold want a regular girl after seeign this?

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
I'd hit it!
But i would be afraid to get into an arguement with that woman! :s

soze

I am a FH squatter
I bet the other women hates her they she is out there being dead serious and this one comes along and winks acting all woman like :) My lady friend has a black belt at kick boxing and can hand my arse to me on a plate and it is a trip knowing in a pub fight it would be her asking me to hold her mobile so it don't get broken ;)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I wish I was tough :(

I wish I had one frigging muscle too tbh let alone the set she's got! why is it no matter that I do weights and sit ups I simply cannot get into my true form, the one I know I was meant to be (Spartan rar!) I am positive I was not supposed to be so flipping puny lol.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Poor Gina, got off to a slow start and never recovered. :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief

I wish I had one frigging muscle too tbh let alone the set she's got! why is it no matter that I do weights and sit ups I simply cannot get into my true form, the one I know I was meant to be (Spartan rar!) I am positive I was not supposed to be so flipping puny lol.

Situps do nothing to add muscle to your middle. they certainly give you more endurance in your ab muscles and get you good at situps, but they dont give you a 6 pack. same for pushups :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Situps do nothing to add muscle to your middle. they certainly give you more endurance in your ab muscles and get you good at situps, but they dont give you a 6 pack. same for pushups :)

What gives a 6pack? I must say im pretty close but I have what I call "babyfat", a little fat reserve just below the belly that seem to be untouchable :)

tris-

What gives a 6pack? I must say im pretty close but I have what I call "babyfat", a little fat reserve just below the belly that seem to be untouchable :)

Having a low body fat relative to how much muscle you have.

Marc

FH is my second home
Having a low body fat relative to how much muscle you have.

You still need to do sit ups to get the best effect.

But yeah, you wont get a six pack if you have a layer of fat around your waist just by doing sit ups.

tris-

You still need to do sit ups to get the best effect.

But yeah, you wont get a six pack if you have a layer of fat around your waist just by doing sit ups.

I think there is much better exercises, deadlift and squats for just 2 examples!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Ha well in that case... I do have a six pack!! I have such a magnificent 6pack that I feel it needs to be protected and preserved in a layer of fat so that it can be admired by future generations.

tris-

Everyone has a 6 pack to be fair, its just difficult to get it on display.

Marc

FH is my second home
I think there is much better exercises, deadlift and squats for just 2 examples!

No way.

The best exercises for your stomach muscles, are, funnily enough, exercises which specifically target those muscles, like sit ups (and different variations), bicycle crunches etc. Deadlifts and squats, wont really do as much if anything for your abs compared to sit ups etc.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
No way.

The best exercises for your stomach muscles, are, funnily enough, exercises which specifically target those muscles, like sit ups (and different variations), bicycle crunches etc. Deadlifts and squats, wont really do as much if anything for your abs compared to sit ups etc.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I agree with that. Sit ups and all the other excersises that target your abs didn't really do it for me. I did Ab Ripper X (Only did this because I couldn't go to the gym for several weeks, look it up) for weeks and sure my abs got more defined.

But now I'm doing alot less sit ups and alot more other excersises (deadlifts and squats etc) and I'm having much better results tbh.

Marc

FH is my second home
Hmm, I'm not sure if I agree with that. Sit ups and all the other excersises that target your abs didn't really do it for me. I did Ab Ripper X (Only did this because I couldn't go to the gym for several weeks, look it up) for weeks and sure my abs got more defined.

But now I'm doing alot less sit ups and alot more other excersises (deadlifts and squats etc) and I'm having much better results tbh.

This is because you were using the ab ripper for weeks. When you use the same exercise all the time, your muscles get used to it and stop growing. Now youve changed the exericse, your muscles are like, WTF! And theyve been kick started into growing again.

Put it this way, you dont see Boxers using deadlifts or squats to strengthen their stomach muscles. Yes, they use medicine balls, but the core work out for their stomach is alternating kinds of crunches/sit ups. Deadlifting/squats are core exercises that target most of your muscles in one go, but its not good to use them everyday. Again, if it was so good, why not just do deadlifting and squats everyday for your entire body work out and do nothing else? Because its better to target the muscle with individual exercises and throw in the deadlifting once or a couple of times a week.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
This is because you were using the ab ripper for weeks. When you use the same exercise all the time, your muscles get used to it and stop growing. Now youve changed the exericse, your muscles are like, WTF! And theyve been kick started into growing again.

Put it this way, you dont see Boxers using deadlifts or squats to strengthen their stomach muscles. Yes, they use medicine balls, but the core work out for their stomach is alternating kinds of crunches/sit ups. Deadlifting/squats are core exercises that target most of your muscles in one go, but its not good to use them everyday. Again, if it was so good, why not just do deadlifting and squats everyday for your entire body work out and do nothing else? Because its better to target the muscle with individual exercises and throw in the deadlifting once or a couple of times a week.

It seems that you know more than me on this subject. So you are probably right. Still i'm a firm believer that you won't get your beloved six pack just by doing crunches But by doing a whole body work out (with enough cardio to get that bodyfat% down) that includes crunches.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Only fighter to have beaten Rosi Sexton too. Not an easy thing to do...

tris-

No way.

Doing 100s of anything will make the muscle better adapted to endurance, not make it bigger.

If you want bigger abs you need to train them like you would any muscle you make bigger: lower reps and higher weight!

I started doing varities of crunches and different kinds of pressups starting about a year ago when i began martial arts. I havent gotten bigger, if anything i lost muscle compared to bench pressing etc. BUT my muscles are now better able to handle more reps of what ever i give them. Maybe when I started I could do 1o rep sets of pressups, now I can do 60 rep sets. Only recently starting wide pushups and knuckle pushups (about 4 months ago) and im up from 10 on them again to 40-50. I could 30-40 crunches a set, now i can do 200plus. I am definatley weaker than I was when I did weightlifting too.

Im using this as evidence that these exercises do not make you bigger or more defined, but make your muscles more adapted to the lactic acid and more able to do more reps.
Unless im an odd one out from everyone else :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
wow.. nothiang turns me on moer than two girls knockijg the shit out of eachother

who wold want a regular girl after seeign this?

I used to date martial arts chicks for years, great fun as they usually have exceptional body & muscle control, not to mention good flexibility.

Downside is not many keep it beyond their early 20's!

Amphrax

Part of the furniture

Thats because your a baby machine :) not a fighting machine :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom