• I would prefer a Class specific Lotto with rolling Mod

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • I would only attend if it's a Class specific Lotto with rolling Mod

Votes: 13 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to canvas opinion about ML10 lotto rules.

Basically there are three options :

FFA lotto
Class specific lotto
Class specific lotto with rolling Mod

FFA lotto - All loot is /random 1000'ed, highest gets each item, no more than one each.

Class specific lotto - Nominate a class on FH before the raid kills the first mob, or you roll for what you bring. Those classes can /random 1000 for the item, no more than one each.

Class specific lotto with rolling Mod - Nominate a class on FH before the raid kills the first mob, or you roll for what you bring. Those classes can /random 1000 for the item, no more than one each. If you don't win anything, the mod will be carried forward to the next raid (Mod only counts from last 4 weeks - so newcomers to the raid don't get too left behind), and can give a bonus that next roll. Any items not lottoed for get lottoed FFA with no Mod loss at end of lotto.

Which would you prefer to see ?

Darzil

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
hmm really a hard one :D think with ffa there would come more ppl but then class lotto would make it alot easyer to get what you need :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Well with this few ml10 items on cm, i cba to make ml10 templates. Id make the template with ml10 items AFTER i get them. Hence id prefer ffa, where i could pick something for any of my classes, then do temp after that.

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
FFA tbh, so then i can pick for any of my classes as i will usually bring theurg on ML10 raids as they are most needed!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Not gonna even bother to show up on a FFA lotto unless i need ml10 on char tbh. Either specific class+mod or cba

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
FFA makes far more sense. Everyone has an equal chance at a good item, if they don't need it they can trade it for something they do or sell it and use the cash to buy something they want. Even with class specific lotto, people are most likely to sell/trade whatever they win for something they can not only use but actually *want* for their temp, whatsmore it makes it unfair on certain classes who can only use a smaller selection of items than others.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Bullocks, dont think my opinion would count :p but I would like to see class lotto's

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
back in the days... id say class lotto, but these days everyone has so many chars so i think ill have to change my mind and say ffa ;-p

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Neither :p

If by FFA you mean anyone can attend with any char and roll for anything, i wouldn't want that. I would rather have a sign-up with certain classes needed for the raid, and then run mods in addition so people who attend alot of raids get a bonus. Because some classes are simply useless in these sorts of raids, and i don't think it would be fair if someone who just stood there and did nothing got to roll equally as ie a cleric who was busy healing all the time.

Also, could be an idea to put the pts differently for the differ chars, ie 30 mod for bringing cleric, 40 mod for full earth theurg, or whatever, you get the idea ;)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
ffa even if you bring a toon that's not doing much, why even bother with class specific or mod rolls if you only want to go on a ML10 to get the ML and maybe get lucky in the lotto. Fair for all even if some ppl think they deserve a drop more then any other. If I'm gonna lead a ML10 raid I'd set lotto ffa anyway. I couldn't care less if someone who didn't do a lot wins. It serves the realm in any case so. just my opinion thou.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Well the fact is that anyway you put it there will be ppl that wont agree/come. Anyway you have to post loot rules previous so if ppl dont like it they dont come thats what i do :touch:

E_E

Loyal Freddie
class specifics tbh, joining every ml10 i can as i need the astral leggins of fortification on my clerc..

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
I don't care if it's FFA or class specific. I like your small mods, to encourage thergies to come and ppl to go look for the portal - yet those mods being low enough, not to disencourage everyone else.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
ffa with me only given a + mod :m00:

Too few items drop for it to be class specific.

Dorimor1

Banned
I personally prefer class specific, so its more of a 'roll for need, not greed' as we all know there have been soo many incidents, like when someone sold the ML10 sword that alot of people were needing. I also think there should be mods to reward regular attenders, so the last option for me.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Zagg said:
I don't care if it's FFA or class specific. I like your small mods, to encourage thergies to come and ppl to go look for the portal - yet those mods being low enough, not to disencourage everyone else.
Good point!

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
From my experience.

Class specific Lotto with rolling Mod- Better for regular people who attend every week.

FFA lotto with Mod- Better for people who turn up once.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say for ML10 raids if your going to do class specific type raids, then go one step further and make people nominate the actual drop they want.

I've seen too many class specific lotto's where a slash paladin wins a thruster because they "can use it". Some classes also have twice as much stuff to roll for from ML10. An armsman can roll for all the weapons, a caster is limited to just the one staff.

There's a small enough amount of loot that drops from ML10 to make it doable, and it means people actually get the drops they are after, not just a second pair of legs.

I'd still say free for all raids work best tho. If you win an item you can't use, sell it for a sensible price and use the money to purchase the one you do want. It also results in the fastest raids.. I'd much rather attend 3 quick raids to get my item than one raid where I stood about for 30 minutes at the start while the raid leader wrote down what everyone wanted to roll for. Then go through another 10 minutes at the end while people debate if X is allowed to roll for Y.

If your going to have mods, i'd make it for the class you bring + maybe the portal finder (it doesn't require pre-raid overhead so the raid is faster). Also make it lowest wins, and have mods reduce the number you random. Theurgs /random 900, scouts /random 1000 for example.
a) It makes it much easier to see who wins, no adding X to half the rolls after the random.
b) Anyone can win even without a mod. I've been to a few mod lotto's (i.e. ones where theurgs got +100) and I could of rolled 1000 every time and still won nothing, even doing the /random seemed pointless.
c) Making it class mods mean those that make the raid possible get an advantage, If you brought your scout to 5 raids I don't think that means you should have a better chance than someone who brought an earth theurg to 3. Make it so the portal finder has a very very good chance to win something. That way people are more enclined to get off their ass and find it! You need item X for your template, go find the portal and you'll get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom