ML RAID CHANGES: ML2 BG Thursday, March 31 and ML3 BG Saturday, April 2

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
ML2 BG steps on Thursday, March 31 @ 19:30 PM GMT. Rally Stygia Haven. I (Hediir) will have BG up at 19:20 PM GMT, and we'll move out at 19:40 PM GMT.

If anyone can provide (will return upon completion ofa raid) the following keys would be great and will make things go much faster and smoother:

The Stone Key from Trial 3 leads to Trial 9
The Cracked Key (aka Ampitheater key) from Trial 3 leads to Trial 6
The Cellar Kay from Trial 3 leads to Trial 7
The North Gate Key from Trial 4 leads to Trial 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ML3 BG steps Saturday, April 2 @ 18:30 PM GMT. Rally Aerus Haven. I (Hediir) will have BG up at 18:20 PM GMT, and we'll move out at 18:40 PM GMT.

I've decided not to do pre steps on the raid, ebcause it will take a lot of time for all of to do it togther, so please have them done on your own time with a group prior to the raid.

Here are some instructions for ML3 Pre Steps:

Prior to zoning inside the Temple, speak to the Triton Treasure Hunter. He can be found just inside the temple archway.

Make sure you select Alternate reason, and end with both Antioos and Kepa quests.
Verify in your journal, you should now have 2 new quests.

For Kepa, M3T2, your journal will state you need either of the following, to seek out and
Kill Moughart or Speak to the Triton Brigand.

For Antioos, M3T5, your journal will state you need the following items, Sword/Egg/Triton Shaman Necklace

Do not look for this in your ML list, it is a subquest that shows only in your journal.

Once you port in, buff up and you are set to go.

Head East, until the passage goes down to the lower level.
Continue heading eastward, until you see an intersection with 3 Octopus swimming about.
There are 2 passages North and 1 South. Take the first Northern passage. This actually leads to where Moirai can be later found with the raid.

At the end of the tunnel, stay on the left hand side and surface. Stay along the wall and get ready to fight.

The Pregnant Cobras will almost all come in when you pull. These drop the egg you will need.
The Gorgons can be pulled 1-by-1, they will drop the Sword.

Continue until everyone in the party has both items. If you are more then 1 group, it’s suggested to reform the groups once one has the items, and place those that are missing it with the tanks, to ensure the group gets the drop. Now that everyone has those items, go back south to those octopus and head eastwards again.

At the end of this large passage, the eastward path will become a smaller tunnel. You can farm the Eels at this spot for their stomach, if such will be needed for M3T7 on the raid.

The east tunnel will curve to the north, at the first intersection head eastwards again. Move slowly at this point, as when the tunnel opens up there are schools of barracuda about who will agro non-stop. The best method for 1 group is to pull from the tunnel entrance until you clear as many as possible, then head eastwards along the upper south wall until the tunnel narrows again. Stop to clear agro there again.

Make sure no pets are on agro, and nobody gets itchy fingers. If you kill the brigand at this point, slap your party and stop reading this walkthrough.

Move along eastwards still until another 4-way intersection, you’ll know it’s the right one as there is a small rock formation in the center of it. Inside the east passage, you will see the Triton Brigand.
Have everyone in the party speak to him. He will update your Kepa quest. You will then need an Orb
which is dropped from a Sentinel.

Continue eastwards past the Brigand, squeezing by some rocks. At the next intersection, take the northern passage. This is entrance to Laodamedia. Surface on the left side and pull the statues there.
These statues will drop both the Orb and the Triton Shaman Necklace.

Once everyone has the orb and necklace, return to the Brigand. He will ask for the orb and return to you a potion.

At this point, everyone in the party should verify their journals. Both Kepa and Antioos quests should state for the player to return to said NPC and give them these items.

You should all be set for the raid at this point. If you feel good about how things have gone to this point, you can tempt yourself and take a shot at Sinovia, M3T9, who is just in the south passage from the Brigand.

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
Have this ML2 Pre steps done as well:

Trial 5 - Chath's Test of Strategy
5) You have not beaten Chaths' Test of Strategy! This is a group encounter.

Comments on Solo, Grouped, or Battlegrouped:
This is soloable. The most people that can do it at once is 8.
Strategy:
Location: The North Gate door is at about 24k 9k in Sobekite Eternal

I used to require this step be done before the raid, and I urge people to do it if possible still, but with the near insta repop time of the chess pieces, that is not so necessary anymore, as it wont slow down the raid too much if you have to do it for several groups. Anyone who has not yet completed the trial can walk up to a chess piece and choose to associate themselves with it. Each piece can be set to have different abilities. Generally I have the set up like this: Pawn - stun, Bishop - heal, King - command, Queen - drain, Knight - weaken, Rook - defend. Once all pieces have been given an ability, talk to Chath at the other end of the room. The pieces then duke it out using the abilities you gave them, when either king dies, the battle is over, if your king lives, you win. Mar 20 2004
- Sash

Don’t make this one harder than it is! There is lots of confusion on how this step needs to be done. Here is how we did it on the last raid I was on.
Everyone remained in the /bg and in their own groups. People from several different groups that needed the step associate themselves with a chess piece and someone started the encounter. It actually worked like a solo step that multiple people could do at the same time. Saved a lot of time by not having to reform groups just for this step. Apr 28 2004
- Treecah

Chath's Test of Tactics - Reduced the respawn timer on the encounter when players fail/succeed from 10-minutes. It should now take less than one minute for the chess encounter to reset itself. (from Jan 6 hot fix)
How to do this solo:
*This trial can be done with even 1 person, if you don’t have a full group. Just associate yourself with a piece and give it an ability, then disassociate yourself. The piece will retain the ability you gave it. Associate yourself with the next piece and give it it’s ability. Do this until all pieces are taken care of, then talk to Chath. Mar 20 2004
- Sash
Tips:
This is Random, you may have to try it a few different times or ways. The commands listed here have worked for people, several times, but might not work for you the first time.

Anywhere from 1 to 8 people can do this. Just make sure each chess piece gets set, and that each person playing the game has associated him/herself to a piece.

Do not /whisper the commands to the chess pieces! Even if the piece says it will do what you say, if you whisper, he won't actually do it.

These commands seem to work pretty often. But the end result is a bit random. You may have to do this a few times.
Set the KING to COMMAND, set the QUEEN to DRAIN, set the ROOK to DEFEND, set the BISHOP to HEAL, set the KNIGHT to WEAKEN, set the PAWNS to STUN.
- AceLevens

Another setting to try:
King-Heavy
Queen-Drain
Bishop-heal
Rook-Defend
Pawn-Stun
Watched it work x2 that way Dec 21
- Sabrewulf

Have King go Defense, everyone else goes Offense. Keep Queen alive, or at least kill their Queen first.
...done with one person before. It's a cinch.

Trial 8 - Stand Fast
8) To prove victorious, you must face yourself! This is a group encounter.
(This is what it says in the /master window, but you have to do this encounter solo.)

Comments on Solo, Grouped, or Battlegrouped:
This has to be done solo.
Strategy:
Location: The door to it is the South Gate at 19k 22k in Sobekite Eternal to enter the South Hall.
Map to help you get to 2.8 solo - Aydsneth Fishmonger

I just wanted to suggest adding in ML2.8 somewhere to bring a friend or two to help you get there if you are not a stealther. While the step itself is in fact solo, getting there is not so for all classes. 3 yellow to orange con (to level 50) mobs guard the door you need to go through. While they can be pulled single, there is no guarantee they will not respawn before you kill the 3rd one. Apr 7 2004

Stand Fast - The gate leading to the South Hall is no longer locked and no longer requires a key. The key will no longer drop. (from Jan 6 hot fix)

To the right of the crack room is the South Hall Gate. This gate has been set to permanently be open. Walk into it and speak to Amenemhat. Eventually he will fly up to the top of the room, and you have to run up the spiral ramp to reach him. Stick against the wall on your way up or you will agro deep purple crocodiles. Once up there, when you step onto the pad he will attack you. This mob takes on the same characteristics of whatever class you are. Mar 20 2004
- Sash

This step requires each person to complete individually, much like Step 1 of the first ML. It takes each person about 3 minutes to do this. The next person does not have to wait until the last person is down at the bottom again. The next person can go talk to Amenemhat the minute he shows up at his spot again.

whitelights

Fledgling Freddie
steps? ML2?

about ML2,
Hello hediir, can you tell if there are anny presteps i need to do?
Or are we going for the cobmpleet?(all steps, in sobokite eternal)?
BTW good job on Monday thx ;-)

Esena

Fledgling Freddie
whitelights said:
about ML2,
Hello hediir, can you tell if there are anny presteps i need to do?
Or are we going for the cobmpleet?(all steps, in sobokite eternal)?
BTW good job on Monday thx ;-)
m8 read the last bit of his 2nd post :)

we only gonna do the BG steps, so get a group and do the solo and the chess/group step there :)

mixal

Banned
Last date is Thursday for ml2 right ??
i ll be there with Shadowblade and buffbot

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hi,

I'd love to come for this ML2 rid with my bonedancer, but just a question. I did the 2.8 solo step last night, but now you say i must do the chess step too? Do i need a north gate key for that? I've never farmed for those, and as i'm pretty much always solo, i'm starting to fear that i won't be able to make the ML raid then. :(

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
Organize a group and do it, we got the key today with our group and went and did chess step.

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
Do you have a eel stomach for Shraogh? (3.7)

no i dont.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hediir said:
Organize a group and do it, we got the key today with our group and went and did chess step.

How should i organize this? I am in a one man guild, with no alliance. Raid prereq rules got changed 6pm on the 28th (originally you just needed the solo step), it's now the small hours of the 30th, and i doubt i'll have time to get enough people on here to sign up for just chess step before tomorrow.

Sorry, seems like i'll have to wait for another raid. :( Good luck to all of you though!

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
/shrug I changed it yesterday (Monday) raid is on Thursday, thats 4 days (including Monday and Thursday) to complete very easy group step. I am sure there are prople looking for group to finish the step, why dont you post here asking if anyone needs it as well as you do? It'll probably help.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Easy if you have the key, yes, i'm sure. But i don't.

Either way, i'm not complaining - just saying that i'll have to pass on this raid since i won't have the chess prereq. I still wish you good luck.

Edit: Okay, does anyone else need the chess step and want to hook up? I can't play Wednesday night, because i have a dragon raid on Prydwen (signed up since long) but should be good to play during the day on Thursday.

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
As i said before we didnt have the key either, we went with our fg and did 2.4 got the key and went after chess.

Arthur

Banned
Hediir said:
/shrug I changed it yesterday (Monday) raid is on Thursday, thats 4 days (including Monday and Thursday) to complete very easy group step. I am sure there are prople looking for group to finish the step, why dont you post here asking if anyone needs it as well as you do? It'll probably help.

the key for the north gate drops from rrione if i'm not mistaken, an idea might be to let others use the key you posess to get the prestep done as rrione could prove to be too hard for some groups.

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
Contact me in game tomorrow from 16:00 PM GMT till late night if you get a group that will be ready to do that, i'll provide a key.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Got chess done, thanks for lending out the key Hediir! :) See you all tomorrow! :clap:

mixal

Banned
i still need the Chess step , couldnt find the group to do that

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hunter+BB for ML3 pls (only need the damn whale and .10 steps grrr!)

Hediir

Fledgling Freddie
Ok the drops werent lotoed as thye were supposed to be done, i got 1000 msgs saying i was rolling "right" and i started to satisfy everyone's needs. I wont do that next time, i'll roll they way i want, and i'll post lotto rules as well.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Signing up with a Hunter to help out and a Shaman :)

The Shaman has done the presteps but needs to hand in The Glowing Sentinel Marble - is that all that I need to do to finish that prestep?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
Signing up with a Hunter to help out and a Shaman :)

The Shaman has done the presteps but needs to hand in The Glowing Sentinel Marble - is that all that I need to do to finish that prestep?
Actually scrap that I'll come on an aug healer and shaman :)

Redfern

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks to Kcd for leading the raid, when original leader never showed up. :worthy:

Himse

FH is my second home
Thank you to the person who lead the raid,

Appologies for us not turning up, most of us were busy for the day and Hediir had some RL stuff to do

so BIG thanks to Kcd for leading the raid and gratz to all on ml3 ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom