ML Marathon Raid 13th of August starting 10.30 CET / 9.30 GMT

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
This post is subject to changes, so please re-read it a few times before
kickoff. Only thing not changing would be the kickoff time.

Hello all and greetings from Azathrim, Makwaerk and Kraben.

We are 3 crazy people who wanna try something out of the ordinary. We will attempt a ML Marathon raid on
Saturday 13th of August starting 10.30 CET / 09.30 GMT - move out at 11.00 CET / 10.00 GMT.

What makes this raid extraordinary is that we arent gonna do 1, not 2
but a grand of 6 raids in one go. Yes, thats right! The plan is to complete
ML 1,2,3,4,6,8 BG steps in one day!

Q: Holly shit.. You realize how long that will take??
A: We are aware that the raid will be very long and probably 12 hours+.. But
hence the "Marathon Raid" ;)

Q: Hm alright but god damn I need to do presteps for all 6 then.. No time!
A: Wrong you are! As of this patch you can do all encounters in any given
order and still get credit for everthing:

- You will now receive credit for any Master Level x.10 step without
first completing all prior steps.

- No matter what order you finish the 10 steps in, when you complete the final step you will receive a message telling you that you have finished all the trials for a particular Master Level.

- To actually reach a new master level, you still must complete all Master Level XP requirements, and complete all 10 trials as part of the new level, then talk to the Arbiter.

- For Example : You will now kill Cetus (ML 1.10) and receive credit for the
encounter, even if you are missing the ML1 Solo Step (ML1.5). When you then
complete the Solo Step, you will receive credit for completing all trials in
Master Level 1, and may then visit the Arbiter to progress to Master Level 2.

There are NO required presteps to be able to join on this raid!

If you want to finish the entire ML during the raid you will need to do the presteps, but you can also take your time and do it some other day long after the raid.

Q: Ok ok, sounds cool :) Hm.. 12 hours++.. thats gonna be pretty boring right?
A: It probably will but we gonna make some countermeassures to decrease the boreness, see "Loot Rules" section.

Q: Heeey! I know there are certain ML's such as ml8 where you HAVE to make presteps and gather up pieces that will enable you to summon later BG mobs. What about those??
A: Rest assured that everything will be taken care off before the raid. All ML8 items will be in hand before raid.

Q: Hm you have Ruby's ready for 1.10?
A: Yes.

Q: Hm we gonna farm for items for ML2 at 2.3?
A: No, its a timesink and its taken care off before raid

Q: ML4 items... ?
A: Taken care off.. enough of this sillyness, you get the point :)

Q: ML..
A: Shut it!

Righty, so here we are back at the raid. On big scale raids certain roles will have to be divided out in the BG. We are generally gonna run with 3 roles:

- 1st role which will be in the shape of Azathrym will be the Informish Troll. He will explain and tell the BG what to do at the encounters. Listen to him!
- 2nd role will be The Bozzy Troll and Stickmuppet. During the raid that will be
Krauz and his task will be to lead zerg around and yell at ppl for not sticking to him.
- 3rd role is the Treasurer and LD list ( more of this later ) holder. The one who holds this arent decided as of yet, it is however gonna be one of Makwaerk's characters.

These 3 people are the "leaders" of this raid! Even though we believe we are pretty experienced ML wise and have several ML10's under our belt, we are also open for any suggestions during raid so feel free to PM one of us if you thing you can contribute in a positive way.

Rules:

Loot:

Loot is mainly a timesink so we gonna try keep it as simple and clean as possible

- Generally loot is being lottoed after each ML.
- Rog's will NOT be lottoed.
- We lotto after a standard /random 100
- Item will be dvelved in BG, a /yell will announce when to start rolling and
another /yell will say when you cant /random any longer.
- Rare scrolls will be lottoed. Less rare scrolls will be destroyed on pickup.
- All can roll for everything - 1 won item tho and you cant win anymore.
- SoD's dont count as a won item.
- Keys WONT be lotto'ed but destroyed on sight. Its crap items in 98% of the cases, we know it, you know it. Waste of time on a already stressfull raid.

A new implentation we gonna try is the "Lotto on the Move". That means that some items gained during raid may come up to lotto even before we have finished the raid. Good times for this would be when we are waiting LD's. Makwaerk will call out that there will be a lotto in 1 min and after 1 min dvelve the item in the BG. Standard /random 100, a player wins the item, ld returns and we move on.

Reason for this is to try keep people more focussed on the raid and dont constantly go afk. If your afk when a "Lotto on the Move" is being made, then its tough luck. A drop won this way DONT count as a won item in final lotto so your still entitled to lotto then. Also with less items to lotto after a comletion of a ML we dont have to spend as much time doing that and can have longer breaks / move on faster.

LD's:

As this is a Marathon raid the rules on LD's will be somewhat more harsh than most are used to

- When any player would go LD its the group mates responsibillity to inform the LD list holder.
- A maximum of 3 ld's is allowed, after that you cant expect the raid to wait for you anymore.
- In aggro zones we will wait maximum 3 minuts for ld's.
- In aggro free zones we will NOT wait for ld's.
- At encounter areas we will NOT wait for ld's.

Last 2 may appear harsh but fear not:

- /bg grantcredit [MasterLevel] [PlayerName] will allow you to grant credit for completed Master Level steps, with the following restrictions :
- You may only grant credit for steps completed within the last 10 minutes.
- You must be within 1000 units of the player you are granting credit to.

meaning even though you ld at a step during fight you can still be granted credit after you pop back ingame.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Groups:

- Do not spam the BG with "Sexeh kobie RM looking for Trollish group!" Instead use the /bg groups and PM group leaders asking for spot.

- We will use 1 main group during the raid that will take aggro and keep it on high lvl mobs.

Setup of this will be:
- Shield tank
- Shield tank
- Light tank
- Pac healer
- Aug healer
- Shaman
- Pbt runemaster
- Random

This group will tank/taunt the high level mobs and rest of BG should either be using detaunts or positionals. Feel free to sign up here now if you want in on this. If spots arent full at raid we WILL pick some to "volounteer" :)

Breaks:

- Small breaks of a few minuts will be held during the raid.
- 5-10 mins break after each completion of a ML.
- Afternoon/lunch/tea break will be of 20 mins
- Dinner break of 30 mins.

Times of last 2 arent decided yet but will be during raid.

Generally behaviour:

- We expect and hope to keep this raid as clean as possible with as little whine as possible. Continious bad behaviour as of we solely judge can lead to a ban from the BG. Bare in mind that 2 of the leading characters will be Trolls and we eat small kobies for breakfast! so dont test us to much ;)
- Afk'ing is allowed, however dont expect the raid to come back and get you somewhere cause you had to walk the dogs. We expect your group / groupleader to keep track of you.
- It is allowed to join in later on later ML's. It is however not our job to inform ppl of the whereabouts of the zerg and what part we have reached.
- People are expected to read this post before coming the the raid. Anything that could be answered here would probably be ignored ingame.

To summerize:

- Raid is on Saturday 13th of August.
- Meet at 10.30 CET / 9.30 GMT in Volcanus Haven docks BG will be on Krauz. Start forming groups!
- We move out at 11.00 CET / 10 GMT.
- No presteps required.
- Raid WILL be long and dont be surprised if it last to around midnight.

/Dísclaimer:

- We arent gonna start the raid if we arent enough ppl. Key is to start with minimum 2 fg's of pretty opted setup. Otherwise the raid will be cancled. During the day if to many ppl fall of and we are down to a unreasonble number the raid will be cancled and possibly continue the day after.
- All people make mistakes and so will we. Please bare with us as we are mostly quite green when it comes to hosting raids. We will try our best just like we hope you people will.

Lets have a nice raid :)

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
I like your style, i'll be there with Valk and Bot. The GF is gonna kill me.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, murder of players is not permitted during the raid.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Silly FH editing system..

Loot:

- Keys WONT be lotto'ed but destroyed on sight. Its crap items in 98% of the cases, we know it, you know it. Waste of time on a already stressfull raid.

Instead of destroying the keys we will hand them out to people we think have participated in a particular active and positive way. Our descisions are final and dont get upset if you dont get a key - we will ( I hope ) afterall be quite a few at the raid.

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
Nice work m8. Can see you put alot of effort into this. ;) Cya there. :m00:

Layne

Loyal Freddie
ill be there with something i hope :) thx for doing this

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll be there with Warr/RM/SM - depending on the steps missing :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
This sounds like an incredibly well planned raid marathon guys and best of luck with it :)

I hope to join later in the day after my 2 regular raids but im sure you will still be going for a good while into the afternoon/evening hehe

PS old thread is now unstick and this one stuck but atm i cant close the other one but it shoudlnt be a prob tho :)

Causes_Chaos

Banned
Well all i can say is good luck guys... just please please please dont zerg rvr after ;)

Hope all goes well :D

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, some reason i believe alb and hibs take caring on zerging when this raid is going :)

intrested and gona prolly show my nose there.

Causes_Chaos

Banned
Tuppe said:
well, some reason i believe alb and hibs take caring on zerging when this raid is going :)

aye, us albs have a score to settle with the hibs
<looks where relic used to be>
and with less mids there... let teh zerg fest begin imo :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tuppe said:

intrested and gona prolly show my nose there.

No chance

Albs want rps, not anything else

Thats why so few defend berks/eras

Wankers tbh :(

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
would it be possible to only join for ml8? as i only need ml8 on my chars and really dont wanna sit through a crap load of ml's for no reason :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Aeris said:
would it be possible to only join for ml8? as i only need ml8 on my chars and really dont wanna sit through a crap load of ml's for no reason :(

Ml exp ftw! ;)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Aeris said:

Sure. It's your own responsibility to find out when we do ML8 though. Asking either Krauz, Mak or Azathrym might not be the best way to get an answer though. :)

Looking at your sig, it seems one good way is to drag your Thane through the raid, then swap to the Runemaster when we get to ML8. :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Dear Krabsitcks,Makwierd and Azahun,

You krazy kids, I wuv you ... Ok I am considering bringing my runie. Currently deciding on best to approach/time to bring up with GF, hopefully bruises will have healed in a week. This would be my 1st ML in a year, so you better make it fun.

I would look forward to whining at you for 12 hours on vent ....

Oh you may want to go RVRing with your Lowbies soon ;)

Heheyougotbackbone

Fledgling Freddie
Will join with bd and shammy ml6 and ml8

Will join you as soon you get the ml6 going, will see what time that will be.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Sure. It's your own responsibility to find out when we do ML8 though. Asking either Krauz, Mak or Azathrym might not be the best way to get an answer though. :)

Looking at your sig, it seems one good way is to drag your Thane through the raid, then swap to the Runemaster when we get to ML8. :)

hes a thane, and hes stormlord, he doesnt deserve ml's :p

ill prolly come along for the mlxp :)

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for all the positive replies so far. It certainly makes us wanna try even harder for a nice raid :)

1 thing I forgot to add to my main post:

- On ML 1-3 remember to bring waterpots preferbly crafted ones that have a longer duration, 20 charges and better effect.

Also we still need to fill the Main tank group.. So far this is what we have:

- Shield tank
- Shield tank
- Light tank
- Pac healer
- Aug healer: Neberi
- Shaman
- Pbt runemaster
- Random

So as you see we lack quite a few ppl still :)

Thanks goes to Bluesky for making post sticky. :cheers:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Will apply with Lasroib/nalkuttaja and Itelfig. Cheers guys of organizing this :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Will be there with plenty of chars

Healer for ML1
shaman+sm+Valkyrie for ML2,ML3,ML6, ML8
Healer+shaman+healer for ML4

Then I only need to do these things 2-3 more times for the rest of my chars :)

Will put all chars at the gathering point for the MLs before hand to minimize switch time.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
2-3 questions.

Will ML2.5 be done as a BG?
Will people be allowed to go and train after they've done xxx counterpart ML? (As I'll most probably be bringing BD after my SM gets ML2.5 + 2.10 done)

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
2-3 questions.

Will ML2.5 be done as a BG?
Will people be allowed to go and train after they've done xxx counterpart ML? (As I'll most probably be bringing BD after my SM gets ML2.5 + 2.10 done)

We will not do 2.5. Im pretty sure its a group step at max hence you cant get credit for an entire bg nor grant anything and even so the step itself can take quite a while if unlucky.
If it was 2.7 you meant then yes, we are doing that. A full bg ( more than 2 fg's ) can get credit now.

People are allowed to go train after a fully completed ML if they so wishes. There will be a natural break between each ML of 5 min which should be plenty to go and train.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Kraben said:
we still need to fill the Main tank group..

Playing my Warrior on the ML3/4/6 raids
Playing RM (only 10 sec pbt tho) on the ML1/2/8 raids

- feel free to abuse me :D

Cider

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Thanks for all the positive replies so far. It certainly makes us wanna try even harder for a nice raid :)

1 thing I forgot to add to my main post:

- On ML 1-3 remember to bring waterpots preferbly crafted ones that have a longer duration, 20 charges and better effect.

Also we still need to fill the Main tank group.. So far this is what we have:

- Shield tank
- Shield tank
- Light tank
- Pac healer
- Aug healer: Neberi
- Shaman
- Pbt runemaster
- Random

So as you see we lack quite a few ppl still :)

Thanks goes to Bluesky for making post sticky. :cheers:

Signing up for pac healer spot :)

\Cider

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom