ML 1-3 Sat 7th July Noon gmt, and ML 4-5 Sun 8th July Noon gmt

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
On the 7th July I would like to hold ML 1 - 3 Battle-group steps:
BG meets at Volcanus Haven at 8Gmt BG on Ashgen

On the 8th July I would like to hold ML 4 - 5 Battle-group steps:
BG meets at Stygia Haven at 12Gmt Bg on Ashgen

The rules are:
I get to keep one item from each Master-Level.
No Moaning.
Five minutes for a LD - If that person LDs more than 5 times we carry on with out them.
Be nice to each other.
It WILL be a all talk BG but if there is constant spamming then I will have to make it into a Leaders only chat.

Thanks.
Please come along

Gwadien

On the 7th July I would like to hold ML 1 - 3 Battle-group steps:
BG meets at Volcanus Haven at 8Gmt BG on Ashgen
Please come along

Changing time completely, changing it to 12 Noon

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Claims

I get to keep one item from each Master-Level.

So you get to keep 5 items of your choice for leading a series of raids which you couldn't do without the help of those taking part? Exploit people if you must, fleece them if you can, but to try both at once is taking the pee tbh.
I should coco.
:kissit:

Fagin knew what he was, and so do we....

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
I know this discussion has been had before, but knowing Gwadien through /as I don't think his intention is to fleece his fellow realm mates.

I don't mind a raid leader taking an item from each of the MLs, we don't have many people willing to lead raids these days so a little fluffing might help them keep it up :fluffle:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
who cares about items from ml1-5 anyway!
will prolly tag along on valk :)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Claims

....... I don't think his intention is to fleece his fellow realm mates.

What do you think his intention is then? raids can be led very successfully without any claims at all...

I don't mind a raid leader taking an item from each of the MLs

Entirely your choice, which is why you will be going and I won't.

....we don't have many people willing to lead raids these days.....

There's enough. The problem is we don't have enough people interested enough to attend raids these days. Witness the sad collapse of Wed dragon slapping, Thurs C05 and Sun ML10. Any action which puts people off can't be for the good of the realm, no matter how you cut it. IMO

Momma Mercury

:england:

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Claims

who cares about items from ml1-5 anyway!

Obviously not you, but some might want the ML1 Island Ring or the ML2.10 Snake-Lord's Runic Hauberk or Moiria's stuff from ML3 to mention but a few obvious ones. Add that lot up on an ME and you'll see what it means in cash terms.

Now I don't suppose he'll get that lucky but he's sure given himself the chance......

Momma Mercury

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Unfortunately not everyone is as altruistic as you merc, and whilst I wish they were I am of the opinion that any raid is a good raid at the moment.

Shame you won't be there, I'll try and make it along, best of luck Gwad if I can't.

Gwadien

I've decided i'm only claiming ONE Item from the whole raid.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
To be fair ...

Knowing him (as he is my son :p), he posted this as he was making a healer and looking at templates.

I think he was looking for the ML2 hauberk, but that has passed now as he has bought the ML9 one for a different template.

As for immo ring, he has farmed that for hours, so I don't think he was being that calculated.

Also, in my opinion, if someone is prepared to run a raid and take all the abuse (which happened within 3 posts here) should he/she not have a reward for doing it? I don't really care if raid leaders take all the good loot, as they have to be at the keyboard every second while others afk, LD, ask for credit and then moan at the end when someone wants a few pixels in a game.

I stopped doing raids, except in guild, years ago for these very reasons.

Mercury, if you are that bothered, why not lead a raid and take all the loot? We wouldn't mind, but would come and support you with your efforts.

The above view is mine only and does not represent the views of my family as a whole ;).

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
I'll Try to come help out - will see on day what class will be most helpful.

Thats pressuming im free weekends are a bit tricky for me atm but hopefully i will be there if not best of luck :)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Mercury, if you are that bothered, why not lead a raid and take all the loot? We wouldn't mind, but would come and support you with your efforts.

You would be expected to support your son, and I find nothing wrong with that. But my post was not meant to be abusive, but was directed rather at what he wanted to do.

However, expecting me to lead a raid and take all the loot, which you might have gathered goes against what I happen to believe, is ironic almost to the point of cynicism. Because, yes, I am that bothered.

I have led numerous raids, and hope to again the the future. I took over the ML10 Celestius FFA modded when Dharken retired and only stopped (as I did with the regular Thu/Fri C05) some months later when the server population declined to the point when insufficient numbers would turn up. (A minimum of 30 for an ML10 and 16 for an Utgard C05). So support, yours or otherwise, is (or was) not there.
Further, you might not mind if I snaffled all the loot (not that I've ever known anyone to do that) but you are not qualified to speak for too many others I suspect, the whole point of the effort of a modded raid being to give all participants an equal opportunity. Creaming items off the top is something that I've been banging on about ever since it was brought to the cluster by certain Excalibur players. At the risk of sounding an unbearable Holy-Joan (which I hope I'm not) I've never done it and never will. And I can tell you the 'effort' in maintaining a mod list week after week is far greater than the preparation of an occasional ML run.
I may only be young, but it is quite clear to me that true leadership in any field is about service, not power and not exploitation. Too high-brow for a pc game played by many who are still teenagers? I think not. I have met a handful of players in this game whose cyber personality I truly respect mainly because of their scrupulous honesty and all-pervading integrity. I'd like to think I can emulate them. I'd fail if I said nothing when their standards are being breached.

So I'm afraid, my paternal critic, that your advice is rather flawed. But please, don't let that stop you in speaking up when you or yours appear to be threatened. I certainly wouldn't.

Momma Mercury

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Interesting post

You would be expected to support your son, and I find nothing wrong with that. But my post was not meant to be abusive, but was directed rather at what he wanted to do.

However, expecting me to lead a raid and take all the loot, which you might have gathered goes against what I happen to believe, is ironic almost to the point of cynicism. Because, yes, I am that bothered.

I have led numerous raids, and hope to again the the future. I took over the ML10 Celestius FFA modded when Dharken retired and only stopped (as I did with the regular Thu/Fri C05) some months later when the server population declined to the point when insufficient numbers would turn up. (A minimum of 30 for an ML10 and 16 for an Utgard C05). So support, yours or otherwise, is (or was) not there.
Further, you might not mind if I snaffled all the loot (not that I've ever known anyone to do that) but you are not qualified to speak for too many others I suspect, the whole point of the effort of a modded raid being to give all participants an equal opportunity. Creaming items off the top is something that I've been banging on about ever since it was brought to the cluster by certain Excalibur players. At the risk of sounding an unbearable Holy-Joan (which I hope I'm not) I've never done it and never will. And I can tell you the 'effort' in maintaining a mod list week after week is far greater than the preparation of an occasional ML run.
I may only be young, but it is quite clear to me that true leadership in any field is about service, not power and not exploitation. Too high-brow for a pc game played by many who are still teenagers? I think not. I have met a handful of players in this game whose cyber personality I truly respect mainly because of their scrupulous honesty and all-pervading integrity. I'd like to think I can emulate them. I'd fail if I said nothing when their standards are being breached.

So I'm afraid, my paternal critic, that your advice is rather flawed. But please, don't let that stop you in speaking up when you or yours appear to be threatened. I certainly wouldn't.

Momma Mercury

Interesting post.

I was not defending my lad per say, I was trying to explain his rationale behind his original post, that was all.

How he leads his on-line life is up to him, as long it does not interfere with his real life (there is some parental guidance I hasten to add). I do think that such games as these are a lesson in communication skills, and we all know that there is a skill in expressing yourself in the written word, as much can be misconstrued, as I think was the case here to an extent.

On a personal level I have played since a week after release, and have been on far too many raids, and been witness to too many dubious events to even bother about it. They are, after all, pixels in a game. I have also led many raids, and had very similar rules about lotto's and scrolls, i.e. if it ends up in your bag then good luck; it hopefully makes people be more active in the raid! :) I could not be bothered with /bg loot etc., it was enough stress reading VoS on how to do the bloody steps! :confused:

Anyway, Midgard is too small a community for infighting, we need all the help we can get, and friendly constructive criticism will always be welcome. As long as people can take as well as give.

I feel we need to encourage and support the active people in the game, as there are far more people who do a lot of taking, and not much giving.

Vive La difference!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Ill be there :D

Preclaim as much as u want , people are there for the steps not the loot, if they turn up to win something in a 1 in 50 random roll after sittin around for 20 mins after a raid thats thier problem :p

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be there on my healer, been back in the game for about 2 months now and not managed to get a single ML on any toon! So tbph I could not care any less about what items may drop, I just want to be farming away on monday earning mlxp. Hope lots of you turn up, byeee

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
I'm totally for that raid leaders can claim items, and have done it back in my old US days, when I was holding raids.

A good way to claim an items is to name it before the raid sets off. Say you want the Ml2.10 snakelord - Just nominate that item as being claimed by leader before the raid sets off. Does it not drop you get a +10 mod on the other stuff (one item).

That way you get what is needed for templates and peps know what they cant get if they join in and it only drops once.

Anyways thanks for holding the raid. Hold I can get the time to join in for a few of the steps.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Gwadien, I've edited the thread title to show the new info now.

In future plz post the date in the thread title :)

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Hope this is still going ahead? I'm planning on being there with my Valkyrie Aegileif-p

See you in Volcanus at noon UK time

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Just finished the ML 1-3. Thanks to Anaestheticus for a very nice raid. See you tomorrow dude!

Aegileif-p ... Valkyrie

Dyna_Mite

Fledgling Freddie
Knowing Gwadian he is a nice guy who is trying to be helpful so give him a chance :)

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
ANother very good day ... raid went well, thanks very much for organising them :) My Valk is now ML5 because of it.

Look forward to going out with you again, raidies

Aegileif-p

Chr Thornhoj

Fledgling Freddie
With these raids gwa doesnt need a chance, he is earning it. Second day went very smooth too, nice going m8:cheers:

Dyna_Mite

Fledgling Freddie
Well i was giving Gwadien my support when i said "give him a chance" ;)
Keep up the good work Gwadien :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom