minstrel with stealth

Y

Yuffy

seriously, is it really worth it? 25+ to climb walls, i bet 99% you climb a wall in a keep take there will be a sb/ns just waiting to pa cuz they can see you a mile off.

id like to be a group mincer, so 50 inst, stuff stealth and put the rest into slash, i think every temp ive seen has stealth in it, i mean its not really a must is it? i know it will only come to 43 in a weapon spec, but fuck it eh :D

A

Affri

Yeah, RvR'ing without speed 5 is 1337, so is having no insta stun, no ability to mezz while moving, no ablative etc. etc. etc.

:rolleyes:

T

tazzke

25 stealth isn't needed....but i've played an infil looooong time ago...

and since 25 stealth gives you the ability to sneak into a keep and stun dd etc hib/mids...it's worth the points if you like it.

going 30 slash or 43....it will make little difference in damage i think...since a mincer isn't a tank..and never will hit for the same amount of damage..and can't take that much damage either.

I got 50/30/30...and even if its the cookiecutter spec...it's a nice one...if you prefer groups and the occasional duo (do group up with an infil at least..or you will die by the 1st SB out there) it's the best one all around.

If you never go solo...drop stealth....if you solo a lot...take at least 30 stealth for Safe Fall III -> jump of wall without hp loss.

But it's your char...spec the way you like to play the game...

G

Glottis_Xanadu

It depends what you want to do with the minstrel.
Much like you can make a group friendly scout with low stealth, same goes for a minstrel. But there are plenty of minstrels who have much higher stealth than 25, some even get 50 stealth with items and rr, and can still do a nice job in a group, but will also own solo.
Regards, Glottis

L

Loth

The way I see it, Stealth is a core part of the Minstrel. IMO you'll be losing out on a LOT of fun by not speccing it.

Our stealth may be 'gimp' when compared to other stealthers, but 1.62 should address that somewhat with the See Hidden 'adjustment' :)

Also, remember that there's plenty of other classes in this game that can't see us when stealthed and this gives us a great tactical advantage.

I have 34 base stealth and I love it - being able to literally vanish in front of a full group is well worth it :)

G

Gamah

Well a mostly solo minstrel myself i have 26 stealth...i find this to be adiquate and think 30 stealth is somewhat overrated. i have 34 in slash and 50 in instrements..Playing my class as a melee minstrel I have great success (buffed) i can drop most sb/ns 1v1 with ease unless they get there combo off (fixed by purge ;))

I would say the 50inst/34slash/26 stealth is both effective in groups and highly effective solo

S

Silenzio

30/39/45

happy n funny =)

stealth is not only for climb but for safe fall too =)

as for u example ;P

climb up a sb attak u, Stun + dd+dd maybe stile than u can cose to jump off or not =)
n if u jume u will not die

steatlh allow u to have fun in solo too =) so rlly worth by me

have fun

F

Fagane

stealth 30
slash 39
instruments 45

Is a very nice spec (doing it myself) but it requires you to auto-train in instruments till level 40. Not sure if you want that, because the levels 30 to 40 will be very hard to do solo, and very hard to find groups.

Fagane

H

hotrat

As a pure group minstrel you might wanna try 50 inst 43 thrust, thrust is much stronger than slash vs mid chain (healers and shamans) and neutral against all hib classes.
Slash is weak vs mid chain and hib reinforced (bards) but only strong vs druids.
Yes it has no decent anytime styles, but pierce is really good and not that hard to pull off on a class that is slammed or running away from you. The evade chain is also pretty good in one vs one situations... if you evade.
However you may also want some stealth:
I'm specced 21 stealth 44 slash 44 inst atm which gives enough stealth to solo but I miss climb wall (wasn't available to a minstrel when I made mine) so i may respec to 50 inst 34 thrust 26 stealth. I would go 50, 43 but I can't with just one line respec :(

44 inst is an absolute minimum, well its 44 or 50 really.

F

Fagane

45 instruments gives the "big" area mezz (yes it last 30 sec and needs a 5 sec cast time!). Still it can be some help in RvR, and PvE its nice enough.

Often choices for Instruments are: 44, 45, 50

With a special note to 44 and 50 as most important skill levels.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Affri
Yeah, RvR'ing without speed 5 is 1337, so is having no insta stun, no ability to mezz while moving, no ablative etc. etc. etc.

:rolleyes:

spot the guy who has never played a minstrel in rvr

A

Affri

Originally posted by old.m0000
spot the guy who has never played a minstrel in rvr

Spot the guy who never had a... no never mind, everyone knows that :p

H

hotrat

I can think of 2 applications of minstrel ae mezz:

1. In stealth groups, an infil or 2 pa's the healers, tanks turn and proceed to gank the infils, meanwhile minstrel casts ae mezz.
However vs a good rvr group, with high Determination tanks the ae mezz will last for a few seconds at best.

2. If your sorc is dead. Never use it if your sorc is alive. Although even if your sorc is dead your prolly better off with the single target flute mezz anyway, is about 1 minute duration with a yellow con flute.

Otherwise just keep your weapon out and ablative on and focus on interupting unmezzed casters/healers, whilst assiting the MA as well :)

Y

Yuffy

hmm thanks for the posts, maybe i will spec some into stealth but i wont be doing so until the very late 40s.

thanks!

O

old.m0000

the ae mez is good from stealth TBH

like you said, good for stealth grps when u just wanna keep xxx tank at bay for 20 secs or so

just wish it was flute played so that i could get pulse bonus from my mp flute on it

like with single mez, it's 30 sec but with pulse bonus from mp flute it actually hits about 50-55 sec before resists/det

A

Alpha Male

hmm

My spec is 37 stealth, 32 slash, 44 instruments....been that way since i dinged level 50 (long long time ago), and it still works well now...for me at least =)

E

Ekydus

Watch all the Minstrels respec to Alpha's spec now. :p

A

AoE HoE

he's my hero u know!

my current spec is 28,39,45, purge,sos + some various passive RAs, but will respec realm in 2ranks time for IP.

I can't solo sb/ns yet they hurt alot. I can't even do hunters tbh.

am i a gimpy mincer or because I don't have buffbot?

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Alpha Male
My spec is 37 stealth, 32 slash, 44 instruments....been that way since i dinged level 50 (long long time ago), and it still works well now...for me at least =)

Being such high rr, could you not drop stealth a bit :)
Regards, Glottis

Y

Yuffy

im just thinking of 50 instrument for the 70 damage absorber ..

S

Stormm

planning 44 inst, 35 stealth (50 at RR5) and 34 slash no autotrain

B

Belomar

Originally posted by old.m0000
stealth grps when u just wanna keep xxx tank at bay for 20 secs or so
Tank mezzed? Ahahahaha. :rolleyes:

B

Belomar

Btw, if you fancy yourself a group minstrel, you have no business not taking instruments to 50. The ablative chant may not do much, but every little bit helps in RvR. Training stealth is all right since weapon skill increases very little over 30 slash (I have 30 stealth for the added utility of the stealth abilities).

V

Vireb

speccing my mincer 44 ins 30 stealth 39 slash (requires minor autotrain)

O

old.LandShark

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Alpha Male

The mere thought of being RR10 and not having 50instruments makes my brain hurt :p
But you've still got your respecs, right? From many patches ago.

A

Alpha Male

ya

I have all my respecs, but dont forget ive not played since the new minstrel ablative toy came out, and also dont forget that one of the reasons i stopped playing was because some muppet deleted all my SC gear etc =)

When i have got myself some armour to SC and some more items (need next patch) then i will respec a bit different and have lower stealth...doh forgot i cant do that till ive got some cash ^^

I will be 30 stealth, 30 slash, 50 inst...will still give me 50 stealth, 50 slash and circa 70 instruments with my +'s

But TBH, i find the level 44 ablative chant works perfectly well as it is =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom