Minstrel speccing shafted well more of a pain

B

Belomar

There's so much bitterness here it's nauseating. Yes, minstrels have been nerfed, but now we're getting a boost (and it's not the rat attack summon or bees flying out of their noses!), so stop complaining! I, for one, think that this is going to be a nice addition to the class. I always wanted something unique, not yet another cheap copy of another class's better ability.

...then again, I am currently playing my Cabalist, so who am I to say anything? :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Ah well I aimed to be grouped alot in RvR anyhow so I am not to fussed

O

old.LandShark

Loney, if you don't intend to stealth then don't spec it. If the ablative song goes live, you may want 50inst for the last ablative and power songs (Can just imagine drum decay rate if you twist speed + power + ablative 24/7 :p)
Besides which, 44slash style is poo. Major defensive penalty = you don't use it against anything except casters, and even then it's of questionable value :p

Belomar: Heh. I've stopped complaining, but woe unto Mythic if at least the stun and the power reductions don't go live =P

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Pin
melee stuns are reduced in duration by Determination.

I know, but there has been questions about a bug that reduces it without determination.

M

moo_work

guys respec ur instruments to 0 at 40 and u get points as if you autotrained it - then just spec back to 40 and u got ur extra points..

happened to me when i respecced all on my mincer
my inst went from 50 ->12 even tho i had all points free
and i think 12 is as if u autotrained to 50...

P

Pin

Originally posted by moo_work
guys respec ur instruments to 0 at 40 and u get points as if you autotrained it - then just spec back to 40 and u got ur extra points..

happened to me when i respecced all on my mincer
my inst went from 50 ->12 even tho i had all points free
and i think 12 is as if u autotrained to 50...

Sorry, doesn't work like that. When you respecced down, it gave you back your points going down to 12, not 1.

If not, then what was your spec before, and what was it afterwards?

O

old.LandShark

How many times do people need to say this?
If you skill-respec an autotraining line, the game automatically raises it to a minimum level, as if it had autotrained. But if it had autotrained, if would give you the required specpoints for free; if you respec, it actually uses points up from your pool. So no, there is no free way to get autotraining. You have to just do it.

Y

-yoda-

the new mins chant will be nerfed :( i tested it n pendagon with variusmobs and no often i got hit . it not only absorb all the dmges or nearly all of it. but it also "i might be wrong" but mobs i tried iton "phantoms/vigis/grannys/goberchends and a cple of othrs" ALL seemed to miss me an awefll lot ... yes i know cold of been coincidene . but missed to many times imo ... i also tried it by pulling 2 phantoms at same time and i managed to kill one and got the other to 2/3s hp "i was jst under 3/4 hp" before i run out of pow and had to switch to mele... i also tried it with 2 phanoms and 1 spectral stick "or what ever they r called" . but 3 mobs "all con yellow2 seemed to hit me tooftenand had to run out,

the new reduce cost of pow/ed when doing shouts is FANTASTIC im extrmeely happy with the reduction and im sure all you guys will also ..

the new lnger duration stun .. WOOOT WOOOOT damn it s cool .. makes a change from mincers stun shot and targets moving again in 3-4 secods.. it musta been at least 7 seconds every time stunned somebody.. "mids as well as mobs" im v hapy indeed with th stun,,,

cos i have 50 ins spec on pend with mediocre melee and 30+ stealth i respecd on live sever to 50 ins and 43 slash "might b 42" and a GODLY umber of TWO in sealth :) tha way i see it mincers cant solo usng steath no more so i got rid of mine and went for the ore grp role of ins and melee .

i hope the new absor buf dont get nerfed but im sure it will . at one pntn pend i was grpd with the infil TL and e said he jeard it wll be changed befor goes live also :( ... a mincer with sos and absorb cant can get a fg of casters througha hb/mid zerg to get into a keep esy imo :)

O

old.LandShark

Chant is great vs yellow mobs, I'm sure. Try vs a zerker though...

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by Belomar
There's so much bitterness here it's nauseating. Yes, minstrels have been nerfed, but now we're getting a boost (and it's not the rat attack summon or bees flying out of their noses!), so stop complaining! I, for one, think that this is going to be a nice addition to the class. I always wanted something unique, not yet another cheap copy of another class's better ability.

...then again, I am currently playing my Cabalist, so who am I to say anything? :)

its a cheap copy of the new si class ra's ....

O

old.[BF]MaD

my new mincer is 50/44/8 and i kinda regret it already (auto til 48)
not that the melee output isnt good BUT :
- diamond slash = end eater (which u dont have much of)
- i miss my stealth on the first mincer i had
- like stated above , u wanna melee others , 50 slash or no u r still gonna need a buffbot as minstrel
- about the 44+ instruments i have no idea but i dont think i ever will spec above 44 even to get better pets or new song

i m gonna try playing my minstrel more with 50/44/8 til i get rr5 and see if he gets any better with that

i just hope its a case of habit that i dont have my stealth and that its something i have to get used to

dno ... my 2 cents

B

bahamuts

39 slash 44 intrument. use ur 9 seconds stun(1.60) walk behind and use backslash, thats what I use my slam shield for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom