According to DAoC Catacombs

What a sack of cack :(

Anyone recommend one or the other pls

44 Intru
49 Slash

Or

50 Slash
43 Instr

Only difference is with 43 instr u don't get final shout, big problem? or not?

P

[PS]Venom

Also remember that you get a new melee health buffer song @49 instruments with patch 1.60 :)

I'd suggest nothing less than 44 instruments to be honest.

Personally, I'm going the 50 instruments route. I want redcon pets @ level50 :) :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Yeah but with 50 slash u get the followup to Ameythst Slash which is quite nasty tbh

G

gverig

if u aint got a buff bott it might not be worth going to 50 slash anyhow.....

M

medowind

I thought we had this straight in the x other posts about minstrels, as long as you have motivational 5 you will OWN rvr

Be 44, 44, 21, if you must I say this because the damage difference between the final dd is about 50% and in current rvr that’s about how much gets resisted :p

But I am pretty sure you will never beat any real tank class with 50 weapons skill the only thing going for us is chain and the 10% evade block chance , I think even a scout has a good chance of meleeing and beating a minstrel

Also you wont really have much endurance for the high lvl styles you might be good for 1 maybe 2 people then you will be out of end

if you want do good fighting damage roll a merc or a friar, hell if you want songs to delete and roll a skalid because minstrels hardly ever go into combat else groups tend to shout something about ps not being on, or wtf do you think your doing put run song on, or why aren’t you messing etc

More than likely I am somehow playing my class wrong but to me all my points seem to stand ( I am only the 70th best ministerial in albion, :p )

btw I think the new song will be a SONG so no other songs with it, but I hope I am wrong about that because it seems like a very unfriendly song to switch to unless it will heal to…

theses are my opinions of the class and I have no evidence to support it, so um……… do what you want but you will never stand out playing a minstrel unless you are very good or have LOTS of free time :p

B

Belomar

Well, the new song will mean that a minstrel will have to stay out of the melee itself and sing health buffer, just like the bard who is playing end regen during the whole fight (and trying to outsprint the tanks stuck on his behind). So, a minstrel's work will consist of mezzing and demezzing at the beginning of the fight and then switch to health buffer and DD and stun everyone and his pet. I think it sounds pretty nice. :)

M

medowind

How do you purpose he use a pet AND sing hp buffer.

Because twisting sucks ass, not only do you get hardcore rsi, but anything higher than yellow con turn on you more than the enemy,

And medo used to be 50 +11 and it still happed loads on orange + pets,

Not to mention that you will need to runsong there, yet more twisting and possible resistance,

Seems like more of a 2 minstrel group song to me.

anyhow goes back to the point a minsteral finds high wepons useless :p

B

Belomar

Medowind, was your statement directed at me? Because I am not proposing to use pets (and nowhere in my post did I imply this), twisting does indeed suck. :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
No to stealth got my infiltrator for that

However I would like 50 Slash and 44 Instruments

But will it let me NOOOOOOOOOOO! will it hell

I can get 50 Slash but have to have 43 instr

Or 44 instr and 49 slash

According to DAoC Catacombs

What a sack of cack :(

Anyone recommend one or the other pls

44 Intru
49 Slash

Or

50 Slash
43 Instr

Only difference is with 43 instr u don't get final shout, big problem? or not?

If you want 50/44, reroll and auto-train instruments to 36 :m00:

M

medowind

Ah yea I mistook your quite random referral of dding pets wrong

I apologise Belomar

still rises YET ANOTHER reason why not to roll a minstrel :p

A

Apathy

It will be very very painful...but you could autotrain instruments. Could be easy with a buffbot. And an EB/haste/dmg shield bot.

Ah well.

a.

L

-Lonewolf-

Medowind is Mr Happy

Well to be honest I just wanna be a run bot and a mez bot and dare I say stun bot

Because of being in First Cohort groups are more organised so the idea of getting that stun shout on the bard to begin with is just such an exciting thought I love the idea then going round mezzing all the stragglers

Wicked stuff

Cheers guys gonna go 50 Instr 43 slash never aimed to solo with my minstrel anyhow

U all been great help

M

medowind

I’m like this because I enjoyed playing my minstrel while in pve always having a role, plenty of time to chat etc, just in rvr it was different, so horribly, horribly different.

With mobs that didn’t agro when they were meant to, had high resistance rates and some very, very angry realm mates :p

L

-Lonewolf-

Fair nuff mate I can't comphrehend how you feel guess I will be able to relate when I get to 50 eventually

A

Apathy

If I mezz a bard at 1875 (By 1.60 there is a chance you will be lvl 50...) range and you then skip up and lay your 3s stun on him...I shall utterly fuck you up.

Or I'll let the Hibs do it for me.

a.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by medowind
Ah yea I mistook your quite random referral of dding pets wrong
Well, "everyone and their pet" (or dog) is a figure of speech.

S

swords

yes the every man and his dog one...
you just DAoC'ed it :)

B

belth

You gotta learn to twist if that ablative song goes live, lucky both songs are on drum ;) Just don't drive nemore.

F

Falcor

diamond slash is nto worth speccing to 50f or it simply is NOT, the damage is nearly nothing extra and the extra end use is massive

O

old.BJ|Bored

dont even try to stun the bard atm

stun will wear off due to stupid resists before uve managed to swop instruments and complete mes and youll be insta'd.

***EDIT*** i mean of course youll be skillfully outplayed :sleeping:

i need a :bitter: smiley

L

-Lonewolf-

Cheers mate

Glad to hear ur still alive and bored

O

old.Biohazard

Autotrain inst till 36 and go 44inst 50 slash, or other way round.

O

old.LandShark

This is cruel. They're waving a 9sec stun under our noses, but it's never ever going to make it live :p
Though it should fs. Hib get it baseline, mid get it longer + AE, all shieldies get it at 42spec but not subject to resists and with built in defence...

T

Tranquil-

Though recent tests show that melee stuns can be reduced in duration. Not sure if it's a bug or what, but people have logs of stuns not lasting longer than 6 secs.

P

Pin

melee stuns are reduced in duration by Determination.

D

Danya

BTW if you don't have a bot don't even think about levelling a minstrel let alone a high slash one. :p

T

tazzke

BTW if you don't have a bot don't even think about levelling a minstrel let alone a high slash one.

Ever heard of a guild or xp groups? Or the respec you get at lvl 40 ? (full support untill 40...respec to what you wanna be like at 50)

Everyone can make a lvl 50...only thing you need is patience...and lots of it.. :)

O

old.BJ|Bored

i think he means without a bot a minst in rvr is outclassed by everything so u need a bot to be viable ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom