Minstrel speccing after 1.60

K

kirennia

so you can autotrain instruments you say? Anyone know the rate of lvling it would go up at? For example 1 lvl per 5 lvls gained?

J

jilson

same as auto train stealth i think it's every 6 levels finishing at lvl 48. This would make you somewhat lame in grps tho :p

S

swords

I would say 1 because Safe fall 2 is indeed enough, and you'll hit a little harder when you need to start bashing things ofc.

also it uses your total point pool alot better than option 2 and it means you can do something other than sit there playing sped or ablative all day...

B

belth

Autotrain is every 4 levels, starting from lvl8 and ending at 48 highest, leaving you with 12 in the spec your class (possibly) autotrains and 77 specpoints.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Belomar
The minstrel ablative chants have 100% absorption. All of them.

if it does then it aint meant to, ive read in over 3 diff places that it should be blocking 25% max of each combat round

and even if it does block 100% - it still aint enough for minstrels, this is why i have no regrets about my /delete

Y

-yoda-

if i remember correct "not played him for ages" i respecc' my mincer to 50 ins 43 slash 2 stealth :p

no need for stealth imo . although safe fall and climb wal be nice. but mincers solo days are over with all the see hidden out there , only time stealth usefull for a mins "imo" is when in a stealther grp. hence why i dropped my stealth to get last ablative and decent weapon spec . for decent dmge. and full utility grp char , i v arely stealth so hence why i dropped it . and it worked well for me :)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by old.m0000
if it does then it aint meant to, ive read in over 3 diff places that it should be blocking 25% max of each combat round
You are quite right, the documentation in the Camelot Herald Spell says that it is 25%. However, the spell library has been known to have been bugged in the past, and the 100% absorption is discussed as common knowledge on the VN Boards, so I am convinced it is correct.
and even if it does block 100% - it still aint enough for minstrels, this is why i have no regrets about my /delete
Your reply here indicates to me that you do. :rolleyes:

B

Belomar

All right, I am now fairly sure that the 50 inst, 30 slash, 30 stealth is the template I want. I found a testing report on the VN Boards from slash skill damage (see URL below), and it suggests that the damage output flattens out after 30 slash (the poster had 30+8 slash). Anything above will just give a few extra points of damage in average.

Report link: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=45157184&replies=35

R

rure

Thanks for that url Belomar. Helped me alot when deciding what specc to have. :)

N

Novamir

wouldn't you have a necro in perfect group for absorb buffs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom