Minstrel speccing after 1.60

B

Belomar

Right, my beloved minstrel and warrior poet has been 44 inst, 39 slash, 29 stealth ever since he made Virtuoso and I've always been happy about that (although I have admittedly not played him much for a while), but with the recent changes, I am feeling much more positive to playing him again. However, having tasted the 40 instrument ablative chant (Shield of Melody) and now being able to solo oranges in non-SC armor, I now feel the urge to take the step to turn him into a real grouping minstrel and go 50 instruments. However, I am still kind of hesitant about the right spec. To my mind, there seems to be two viable template for a 50 instruments minstrel:

Alternative 1: 50 inst, 34 slash, 26 stealth (5 points wasted)
This essentially gives me Safe Fall II and Climb Walls as well as the Befuddler (slash 34) style (second in a block chain).

Alternative 2: 50 inst, 30 slash, 30 stealth (21 points wasted)
Gives Safe Fall III and Climb Walls with Amethyst Slash being the highest style.

Since I don't intend to stealth much more than the occasional keep jaunts, I am leaning towards the first alternative... Any opinions from anyone?

O

old.Filip

i have no experince what so ever in this .. but i wanna go for 50/30/30 if i get the hands on a repsec stone

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by Belomar
Right, my beloved minstrel and warrior poet has been 44 inst, 39 slash, 29 stealth ever since he made Virtuoso and I've always been happy about that (although I have admittedly not played him much for a while), but with the recent changes, I am feeling much more positive to playing him again. However, having tasted the 40 instrument ablative chant (Shield of Melody) and now being able to solo oranges in non-SC armor, I now feel the urge to take the step to turn him into a real grouping minstrel and go 50 instruments. However, I am still kind of hesitant about the right spec. To my mind, there seems to be two viable template for a 50 instruments minstrel:

This essentially gives me Safe Fall II and Climb Walls as well as the Befuddler (slash 34) style (second in a block chain).

Gives Safe Fall III and Climb Walls with Amethyst Slash being the highest style.

Since I don't intend to stealth much more than the occasional keep jaunts, I am leaning towards the first alternative... Any opinions from anyone?

well when I get RR5 and a respec stone I´m going ro 50 inst, 30 slash, 30 stealth..... just need a respec ston when that time come... (soon hopefully :) )

B

Belomar

Be advised, you should still have a full respec if you were 50 when the respec patch hit us and haven't used it. So go to your trainer and see, I am pretty sure Belo still has his full respec.

G

greenfingers

Re: Re: Minstrel speccing after 1.60

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
well when I get RR5 and a respec stone I´m going ro 50 inst, 30 slash, 30 stealth..... just need a respec ston when that time come... (soon hopefully :) )

ye, and U´ll probably ask me to get the stone for you eh`? :p

hmm .. better help U, else there are no buffs for me in RvR :D

V

Vasconcelos

I would go for Alternative 1. Safe Fall III isnt worth for mincers as im sure u wont see you many times climbing keep walls to ¿kill? ¿mezz? something inside, so it wont give u an edge. Moreover, with 30stealth, assasins will still be able to see ya easily.

O

Ocond

Elrich isn’t even 50 yet, but with this patch I feel the need for 50 inst is a must... I’ll prolly end up speccing him to 50 Inst, 34thrust and 26 stealth and I can easily get him +12 in those skills so its ok.

A

Aussie-

why do you want 34 style?
it's a chainstyle after a block... with unspecced shield.
you'll never loose hp if you jump from a wall with safe fall III.
Job of mincer is support(speed,sos,ablativechant,stun), not to deal damage

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Aussie-

So why do a support class want Safe Fall III then???

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
So why do u want Safe Fall III then???
To be able to jump off a wall without taking damage? ;)

V

Vasconcelos

So why do a support class want Safe Fall III then???

Gah Belo, go work n stop cheating my posts :p :p

My point is that with Safe Fall II the damage is enuff lessened, n u should think about how many times u will find urself jumping off a wall, then choose btwn II or III.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Gah Belo, go work n stop cheating my posts :p :p

My point is that with Safe Fall II the damage is enuff lessened, n u should think about how many times u will find urself jumping off a wall, then choose btwn II or III.

safe fall 3 then u loose 0 hp when u jump off keep walls ^^ safe fall 2 u do.... prob not much but none is better then a bit =P

G

greenfingers

I'd say Alternative 2, cuZ U don't need the lvl 34 slash .. I mean .. how often do a minstrel block!? like 10%+dex+(RA evade) .. not that much !

E

Exiled

To be able to jump off a wall without taking damage? ;)

use the stairs and doors you lazy minstrel ! ;) would say SFIII is better than more attacking force (as stated your a support class not tank)

V

Vasconcelos

safe fall 3 then u loose 0 hp when u jump off keep walls ^^ safe fall 2 u do.... prob not much but none is better then a bit =P

The real funny thing of seeing a mincer climbing a keep wall is how he aproach his own dead by the <insert sb/ns here> PA.

S

skile

I see no great reason in speccing stealth when being support. I'd rather have a highlander minstrel with 50 intruments, 43 slash.

D

Dardamein

Been 50 instr 29 slash 31 stealth since quite a while ago waiting for this patch. No need to be 30 slash....

As many says minstrel are a support class. If you were to make an abusive minstrel meleewise you get your slash to 50 but then you dont have the armour to withstand the front line.

With 31 stealth + some decent gear for extra stealth you can go unseen by many

50 instr!! I just say Wall of Song, a minstrels gift to RvR groups

R

rure

How does your qbars look? I got 4 qbars for different RvR-situations and I cant seem to fit more than 1 style (Amethyst slash ofc) on every qbar.

Anyhow, IF I can get a hold of a respec stone I want 50inst, 32slash, 28stealth.

J

jilson

Personally when i get a respec stone i am going to go:

50 instruments 39 thrust 18 stealth

At present i am 44 ins 39 thrust 29 stealth

I hardly stealth at all and am a true grp minstrel.

Since the changes i have dueled a lot - Only one paladin has beaten me and that being Farek. Beaten same RR MErc as me Alithiel beat me but she r uber and the sex0r had close figths with friars and have beaten a large amount of Armsman.

Give RESPEC Stone :D

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Aussie-

Actually buffed it's np landing 34 style on anyone except assassins tbh ;>
Besides, we can solo. Don't say all mincers are support chars, cos solo there's no-one to support. ;>

J

jilson

also if i had have auto-trained Instruments i could get

50 Instruments 44 Style which would have been uber.

i no longer have IP as i don't see it as a must when i'm a grp minstrel prefer passive RA's purge and sos ofcourse.

F

-Freezingwiz-

btw how much is the lvl 50 chant 70 adabtiv ? if so Givf respec stone soooon

R

rure

btw how much is the lvl 50 chant 70 adabtiv ? if so Givf respec stone soooon

70hp every 6 seconds.

G

greenfingers

70 !!??? NERF NERF !!! :)

perfect grp now is :
Minstrel (50 Instruments)
Theurg (6sec PBT)
2 pala (healchant (37+37hp))
Sorcerer (49Mind(RESIST MESS! :)))
Cleric (42 ench, rest reju)
Friar(staff and stuff, with nice heals too)

= invunrable grp in Melee :)

M

moo_work

read again

it blocks a max of 25% of the melee attack, so if u get hit for 100 it blocks 25, 200, it blocks 50, 300 it would block 75 but blocks 70 because thats it's limit

if u are hit for 100 it does not block 70 of that 100. (unlike the proc versions of ablative)

R

rure

Originally posted by moo_work
read again

it blocks a max of 25% of the melee attack, so if u get hit for 100 it blocks 25, 200, it blocks 50, 300 it would block 75 but blocks 70 because thats it's limit

if u are hit for 100 it does not block 70 of that 100. (unlike the proc versions of ablative)

You are wrong, the 40hp minstrel ablative blocks 100%. Dunno if that is the case with the last one though.

B

Belomar

The minstrel ablative chants have 100% absorption. All of them.

P

Purefun

Currently 44 inst, 44 thrust and 21 stealth. When I get a respec stone I'll go for 50 inst, 30 thrust and 30 stealth, last ablative is too good to miss, and easier charming never hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom