Minstrel race

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Lo guys,

I recently rolled a mincer (Saracen one) and now I am doubting if I shouldn't had gone Highlander or even Briton. Should I reroll or won't it matter that much in the end?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Martin. :)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Saracen has higher dex so is ok if you go thrust but if you go slash Highlander is the way to go.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I would go highlander if i should make a new mincer (not like that is ever gonna happen) :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on your level, if your still kinda low I would re-roll

Saracan has low str (so slash is out and if you go thrust im sure thats calculated as 50% str 50% dex anyway) the high dex that you have as a saracan is kinda useless as the only spell to benefit from the high dex is the 5sec castable AoE mezz.

Highlander slash (or if you cant stand the kilt then Briton)

But, its been over a year since I played my mins, things have changed :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Bah.. Saw the title minstrel race and thought we were gonna have a real minstrel race :(

I remember we had a /lvl 20 one in OF emain.. 1st minstrel to get around Crauch and make it back would get 1p or so :D The entry fee was around 50g or so.. I didn't win, but it was a blast and a great laugh to see the mid stealthers trying to kill all the minstrels running through amg :D

Well nvm, sorry for thread-stealing :(

Edit: If low-lvl, reroll to highlander imo

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
When i read this topic, I was expecting a zerg of minstrels racing to a finish line :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Infanity said:
When i read this topic, I was expecting a zerg of minstrels racing to a finish line :(

Likewise

I got all excited, was gonna resub for the event:D

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
CorNokZ said:
Bah.. Saw the title minstrel race and thought we were gonna have a real minstrel race :(

I remember we had a /lvl 20 one in OF emain.. 1st minstrel to get around Crauch and make it back would get 1p or so :D The entry fee was around 50g or so.. I didn't win, but it was a blast and a great laugh to see the mid stealthers trying to kill all the minstrels running through amg :D

haha sounds like a lot of fun to me :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Tears said:
Saracan has low str (so slash is out and if you go thrust im sure thats calculated as 50% str 50% dex anyway) the high dex that you have as a saracan is kinda useless as the only spell to benefit from the high dex is the 5sec castable AoE mezz.

I'm going to write this a couple of times, just to make sure I get my point across...

DEMEZZ
DEMEZZ

and one more...

DEMEZZ

If you want to group anyway, if you're gonna be solo then Highlander using Malice and the Champ Harp.

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:

yep good fun back in the day :worthy:

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
make a highlander,
briton works ok, only 10str in difference.
saracen works tho, but they better of with thrust, and thrust aint got really good styles or anytimers and you get more str as a briton/highlander, as you are going to find slash better, cause it got a much better anytimer, style called amethyst slash, high to hit bonus, and you get side slicer for slowing and kiting targets. slash is 100% str based,
if I had to reroll I'd go for a highlander.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
Saracen has higher dex so is ok if you go thrust but if you go slash Highlander is the way to go.

Highlander is best no matter what spec I'm afraid:/

Saracen have 50 str, 80 dex to start with... that is 130/2 = 65 as weapon stat for thrust
Highlander have 70 str, 50 dex to start with... that is 120/2 = 60 as weapon stat for thrust

so u wouldn't notis a diffrence in the thrust dmg, the diff how ever is 30 more con and 10 less quickness

so Saracen is a tiny bit less dmg in melee, but more HP... and if I had to pick I would go dor highlander, my own mincer is briton, and if I had the chance to reroll and get instant same rr I would go highlander :) and highlanders have 5% base cold resists aswell and that is legendary weapontype dmg u are vunable against

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom