Minstrel changes worth it?

G

Gamah

Hey there

Im a minstrel approching a time where i need to decide on my final spec...I will be soloing a lot so is the WOS worth the cut down in dmg from a lower slash?

What are they pros and cons of WOS?

Thx already

S

SoulFly Amarok

no one has it yet so hard to tell maybe?

N

Nightchill

well.. the US servers do :)

tales are told of minstrels soloing comfortably without pets with WoS...

I doubt either spec (44 or 50 inst) will be gimped. Trading out some damage absorb for some more slash..

G

GregorFlambasto

Spec

My spec is currently 50 instruments, 39 slash and 16 stealth. Currently mulling over two different respec options should I get hold of a respec stone :

A) 50 Instruments, 43 Slash, 2 Stealth with 2 points to be a more combat focused minstrel (although we hit weak even at 43 slash + bonuses apparently)

B) 50 Instruments, 29 Slash (amethyst slash) and 31 Stealth with 20points remaining.

If no stealth changes (no more/reduced detect hidden, camoflage just plain stealth for all) occur in next patch level or so then the only reason to go stealth is for climb walls and safe fall which might be fun.

Cheers....

C

cHodAX

Re: Spec

Originally posted by GregorFlambasto
My spec is currently 50 instruments, 39 slash and 16 stealth. Currently mulling over two different respec options should I get hold of a respec stone :

A) 50 Instruments, 43 Slash, 2 Stealth with 2 points to be a more combat focused minstrel (although we hit weak even at 43 slash + bonuses apparently)

B) 50 Instruments, 29 Slash (amethyst slash) and 31 Stealth with 20points remaining.

If no stealth changes (no more/reduced detect hidden, camoflage just plain stealth for all) occur in next patch level or so then the only reason to go stealth is for climb walls and safe fall which might be fun.

Cheers....

From what I have read the ministrel who are able to climb walls with decent stealth level are just loving it. With a medium stealth spec the visable distance before you can see the stealth shadow is halved which gives them time to work. Now with this server having so many buffblades it might not be as good but I would still imagine climbing the walls and ganking some poor caster then jumping back over the wall would be funny as hell :)

D

Danya

I've tried 40 slash and 30 slash and tbh, the damage difference is not large, maybe 10%. Get stealth, it's more useful than hitting marginally harder.

Users who are viewing this thread