Minotaurs and bare-knuckle brawling, oh my!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Filched from VN: new 'fist wrap' weapons, which can't logically be anything other than bare-knuckle 'weapons'...shades of the EQ2 Brawler here? May be Midgard-only (something they're giving the Savage to make up for what it lacks compared to Berserkers, perhaps? Would certainly fit the class) or something else entirely.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=199850994&size=l

...aaaand we can all be Minotaurs! Looks to be something for/from the expansion...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7930/minotaurpm3.jpg

I'm rolling a Minotaur Zerk as soon as it's live.

VN Thread here: http://vnboards.ign.com/daoc_general_board/b5176/98073832/p1/?8

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
oo so fotm svart, bets on how many ppl role minotaur zerks whilst us old age dorf zerks carry on showing how its done :)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
I hope that's a joke tbh, Midgard doesn't need another Savage like hybrid class :<

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Exclusive first view!!

CJSBD.jpg

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Congax said:
I hope that's a joke tbh, Midgard doesn't need another Savage like hybrid class :<

Surely it would be a Race and not a Class?

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
i think the rumour was that the next "new" character was going to be available to all realms? so we ALL get access to the minotaur \o/

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
i think the rumour was that the next "new" character was going to be available to all realms? so we ALL get access to the minotaur \o/

well thats obvious seeing as it appears three times in the config :p

also minotaurs backstory originates from toa(in the game at least), something all realms have access to a same version of :p so that makes sense too...

as for the weapon/new class, i cant see that working......unless its just a new weapon for the current savage....

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so thats either going to be a troll or firby or HO with new skin or its going to be insane. and dont tell me its going to have less than 80 str Oo

but the important Q is... what classes can it be !

hibs need a viable blades stealther... albs need another high str tank so all the people who rerolled highlanders as HO can do so again, and mids will probably "win" the high con caster like the HO theurgs etc :D

giving it to everyone doesnt solve anything unless it can be all classes on all realms, otherwise people will cry about realm X gets Y class and we dont.

/lack of enthusiasm

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Mabs said:
so thats either going to be a troll or firby or HO with new skin or its going to be insane. and dont tell me its going to have less than 80 str Oo

but the important Q is... what classes can it be !

hibs need a viable blades stealther... albs need another high str tank so all the people who rerolled highlanders as HO can do so again, and mids will probably "win" the high con caster like the HO theurgs etc :D

giving it to everyone doesnt solve anything unless it can be all classes on all realms, otherwise people will cry about realm X gets Y class and we dont.

/lack of enthusiasm
Dont you think its a little early to start getting depressed about this, we know squat about it yet.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
old.Whoodoo said:
Dont you think its a little early to start getting depressed about this, we know squat about it yet.

NOPE! :D

cos its going to happen. everyone will get really excited, then 2 weeks in everyone will be throwing their toys around and whinging as per usual

nothing ever changes :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
will be something in the mythic news tonight about the expansin i think :)

:m00:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Aeris said:
unless its just a new weapon for the current savage....
Yeah, if you check the delve it shows as doing Crush damage, which would be neat for H2H Savages...

Nate

FH is my second home
read somewhere there was a staff aswell, so maybe this class is going to be different for every realm..say mid gets a pet spam! hib gets a savage type and alb gets...alb gets arthur!

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I can see it all now:

Thread day 1 -- Grats <name> first level 50 Mauler.

Thread week 1 -- FOTM Maulers, awesome.

Thread month 1 -- Grats <name> first rr5 Mauler:worthy:

Thread month 2 --Nerf Maulers they are way to overpowered, whine.:flame:

Thread month 3 -- Grats <name> first rr10 Mauler.:worthy:

Thread month 6 -- Dammit the last patch has nerfed Maulers to hard, puting mine into retirment, whine.:flame:

I really hope Mythic have learned their lesson with Warlocks and not make the new class too over powered, to be nerfed to hell later. Hopefully the fact that it seems all three realms will get the same will balance out any possible NERF threads.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
semanon said:
Hopefully the fact that it seems all three realms will get the same will balance out any possible NERF threads.
yup, we can make just one thread in the general section rather than one in each realm.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aeris said:
as for the weapon/new class, i cant see that working......unless its just a new weapon for the current savage....

it probably isnt, if u look at the bonuses for the weapon on the screeny it says "fist wraps 4 pts" and savages melee is called hand to hand...

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Gungo said:
Will it reopen accounts tho? probably not!
i think they try to keep as much ppl as poss atm, and they give something new to try out to not make the ppl get bored

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
it probably isnt, if u look at the bonuses for the weapon on the screeny it says "fist wraps 4 pts" and savages melee is called hand to hand...

i think you might be right ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Maybe these Fist Wraps are what Minotaurs use...being, like, really strong and stuff...they don't need weapons, they just batter away with their huge fists. Or something.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
lol thread keep getting closed on VN

i guess the NDA is being violated :p

mythics fault though for putting them in an open test server

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Heh, just saw those threads disappeared...

Hey IGN mods! You can't touch US :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Fist wraps, that class reminds me of the "assasin" class in diablo 2. martial art crazy freak. wounder if it kicks and does the Roundhouse kicks aswell (Chuck Norris style) :worthy:

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
Fist wraps, that class reminds me of the "assasin" class in diablo 2. martial art crazy freak. wounder if it kicks and does the Roundhouse kicks aswell (Chuck Norris style) :worthy:

I'll resub/reroll if it does a roundhouse kick ... but only then.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Basic_X said:
Would be really cool if we got a class like that :) As long as its not as op ofc! I remember doing uber combos on Baal. Making him die in a few hits on Hell mode xD Imagine that on Golestandt, Danos.. you name it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom