Oops.
AssaultRifle.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I dunno, doesn't look that bad. That IS a interstellar star destroyer right? :D

EiKON-Mike

EiKONEER
That's the F2000000 right?

More accurate to say it's "our FN2000" but yeah ...it's a slightly modified version, has some very minor aesthetic changes that differentiate it.
Our ultimate aim is not to replicate real world weapons precisely but to have our versions of different weapon *types* that are recognisable as the weapon type that they emulate.
So it'll be obvious at a glance that something is an assault rifle, or a sniper rifle or an SMG etc. and we don't need to "teach" the player what everything looks like and how it works (unless the player is my Mum obviously, but that's an extreme case).
So consider that a placeholder piece that signifies the direction that bit of kit will go.

Given our budget and time restrictions right now its much easier and quicker to say to the art guys "build me an FN2000, but change that bit, lop that bit off, make that bit shorter" etc. than it is to sketch up several designs of completely bespoke rifles, cut them down to a shortlist of candidates, rough render them in 3D to see what's looks best etc etc.

This way we can (frankly) slap something in that works and does the job well enough and then come back later and awesome-it-up a bit (that's an actual word).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
there should be a mod that whenever some FF incident occurs, Meg's the one who gets the damage regardless of whatever server he is on. I'm sure this is a completely valid suggestion!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd still live longer and score better than you if that was the case even if the whole team set about each other with rocket launchers :eek:

TdC

oh, also, if the Meg shoots anyone in the back, for whatever reason, he's to be instantly fannykicked in real life :eek:

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
TdC is plotting, so that makes him a plotter. He's also various rude words but that's a different story.

TdC

I'm not rude in the slightest I'll have you know :p

EiKON-Mike

EiKONEER
OOoooh ...its a plotter, ok.
I was like "printer? ...wtf".
stfu Meg, thx.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Throwing a clip / weapon to another team member should also add something, not to mention could be easy to implement.

Was planning that on a shooty type of design i had, but might as well donate it to a cause :D

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Automatic Admin powers for anyone using the server as "MYstIC G"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You gonna have medic classes and shiz or just a man with a gun? - just.. if you do the medic.. don't have defibs, or the super-duper shot, I don't know, be inventive, have a spanner to revive with.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How about no reviving, just patching up(as you do), but that has limits and your character will still suffer from a bullet to the leg as normally would? Basically research the tools of the regular warmed and apply those to a game enviroment :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom