Minor problems with instances

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been into a few instances now and have had a few different bugs really, on one occasion instead of loading into the instance i went to the character selection screen. and on another occasion it just stayed on the loading screen and did nothing at all.

any one else experienced any problems?

Moriaana

Loyal Freddie
I've heard a few people in /gu mention the same problems, but since I haven't got Catacombs yet I can't comment further. Seems like you're not alone though :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The loading screen problem is a known one i believe. Ive had it also as has others, but you can just log in the character again and it will appear where it was going (i.e. inside the instance) and will not have lost the mission it had etc, so its not a big deal, just mildly annoying.
Dunno about not loading at all, havent seen that one myself.

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
I had the loading screen problem zoning from the veil rift -> TNN in hibernia. I had a bug yesterday in the lowbie veil instance that the 'background' and the animations locked up...but its really minor.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Had the loading bug from using an obelisk. Had alot of problems yesterday with loading in Catacombs.. but seems to be sorted out now. Porting still takes forever, but I have a crap PC.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Had the loading one too.

Only other little bugs in them I've found are a need to be standing practically on loot to get it, and loot dropping a long way from the monsters killed. Minor stuff, really !

Darzil

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Another prob I sometimes get is 'bad radius on jumppoint' when trying to enter and particularly exit the instanced. This used to happen occasionally in other zoning points, but happens much more often in instances, solo and grped, espec when I'm running speed with my mincer. Quite small, but you can imagine how annoying it is to get jumped by 6 mobs thru the wall, pop SOS just in time and then get to the door only to not be able to go though unless I run back 10m first... into the pursuing mobs ;)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Most if not all of the issues mentioned here are things that were present in Mythics release of Catacombs as well and have been addressed in hotfixes or patches and as we receive the files from Mythic we will be doing the same.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Most if not all of the issues mentioned here are things that were present in Mythics release of Catacombs as well and have been addressed in hotfixes or patches and as we receive the files from Mythic we will be doing the same.

Requiel said:
What you mean is that these problems exist in the current US version which may or may not be the same as the upcoming or any future EU versions. As far as I know the problem doesn't exist on our test server so it's a bit premature to complain about bugs that you haven't even encountered yet.

these problems dont exist.....

(i know they are not game stopping problems)

:m00:

Karatakus

Fledgling Freddie
I've had being booted to character select upon zoning into an instance, unable to select loot using nearest object button, and LOS issues even when my target is right in front of me. They are all minor annoyances tho and easily solved. :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
the loot one is quite simple - click on it using your mouse then u can pick it up :)

overall catacombs is excellent - gfx update is superb, new classes are good, yep well done mythic :)

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
I seem to be having a weird bug when my Vampiir rides the minecarts in the Abandoned mines - rather than doing the weird "Hey, I don't want to fall out sort of thing" that my necro did on his ride, he kind of stands in the middle of the cart, feet on the ground, and kind of walks forward with the cart.

:S

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
ive had to kicked to char screen one, but ive also had a very strange one, where ive gone inside a instance, and ended up inside with some one else who i aint grouped with, and then end up with stupidly high mobs to try and take :p, although that was on camlann, not sure if its on normal servers, its just a bit weird to port in, and end up having to fight some guy to lower the mob lvls and not lose your mission.

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
that happens on camlan i believe, instances are shared from what i read

York

Fledgling Freddie
Also had the zone to character screen problem but its something that doesnt happen often.
Another is the periodic lag in instanced zones, my friend was soloing same time as me in thier own instance and also had a lag spike at the exact same time .. seems to come and go but can cause problems if im fighting a mob.

Phuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
After dying in a solo instance & reentering the same instance within the 10 minutes allowed the instance has reset, even if only 1-2 minutes have passed between dying & reentering. Happens to me roughly every 3rd time.

Also, leaving an instance & then reentering it even within seconds & its reset in the meantime. Also roughly every third time.

Both very annoying.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK the Camlann issue isnt a bug, I heard that on PvP servers the 'instances' are created for the first player and then players who go in after enter the same instance, and it remains open until all players leave. Obviously intended so that you can't level risk-free ;)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Sun_Tzu said:
I seem to be having a weird bug when my Vampiir rides the minecarts in the Abandoned mines - rather than doing the weird "Hey, I don't want to fall out sort of thing" that my necro did on his ride, he kind of stands in the middle of the cart, feet on the ground, and kind of walks forward with the cart.

:S

vamps always do that, its not just you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom