mind reading now possible?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
scary

wouldnt mind being able to think my TV on and off, though thats probably my lazy part speaking :p

ive had my mind read before at school :( some crazy magician substitute teacher came in, told me to write a persons name of a piece of paper.. hide it in his wallet, wrap it up, let me keep a hold of it and he guessed the name :eek2: done it to a few others aswell :D

*edit* k this got nothing to do with link... but good story :m00:

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
I've been following the development of these devices for years as the benefits for physically impaired people will be tremendous, especially as the interfaces get more and more complex.

Think about it a sec. At the moment the man can move a cursor but improvements may lead to direct control of many devices and hopefully one day, cybernetic implants restoring full motor control whilst bypassing the damaged part of the nervous system.

And then?

Implants for the fully-able to control devices? Two way neural connections? Sensory input?

The geek inside me is a little giddy tbh :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
[USA]lets build exoskelteons actuated by thought alone and use them as soldiers[/USA]

shame its what will happen eventually - why not make monkey butlers, for example? I'd fucking LOVE a monkey butler...

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Mind control has been around for thousands of years. for example, I think about sex, and i can control the ol' fella!

/runs

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
[USA]lets build exoskelteons actuated by thought alone and use them as soldiers[/USA]

shame its what will happen eventually - why not make monkey butlers, for example? I'd fucking LOVE a monkey butler...

the japanese done this last year - quite engenious - i'll try to find the link.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Dear god in heaven, I want one, would be excellent to completely remove the need for a keyboard or mouse. :p

What's more is, we could use this to the benifit of security, imagine a lock which you could think unlocked and only reacts to your brainwave pattern, bingo, no more picked locks.

Would be incredibly good I think, id love to just sit at my computer with my arms folded and 'typing' (Loose term) out a 30 page essay by just thinking it, laziness at it's best tbh! :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm, I'm not looking forward to walking around with 5 sod-off big remote controls strapped to my head.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sharma said:
Dear god in heaven, I want one, would be excellent to completely remove the need for a keyboard or mouse. :p

What's more is, we could use this to the benifit of security, imagine a lock which you could think unlocked and only reacts to your brainwave pattern, bingo, no more picked locks.

Would be incredibly good I think, id love to just sit at my computer with my arms folded and 'typing' (Loose term) out a 30 page essay by just thinking it, laziness at it's best tbh! :D

Shame it would be filled with dirty thoughts all the way through :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom