Mincer stun vs Charge..

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Then why whine if you don't spam it?
Seriously insta stunning tanks with charge (like Corran already said) is such a very bad thing to do as the only tank with charge that's not BL is a Valk and you give them free tendril spam.
If you are in a group situation and you need to get such a tank off your support use CL disease and tell them to kite or something, never ever stun them as that will mean your support will face tendril spam the next minute and being unable to do anything.

i dont whine? what i said was that i never solo as im to low RR and to much roaming doo/groups. and then i usually help out to kill bards healers warden druid shammy.. as well as demezz, and i dont use desease, CL skills sucks, its not affected by dex at all so i gone the acolyte resist path. i never attack tanks, i harass the casters, FZ healers, mezz ( notice! i dont attack them with damage) tanks. I think its a splendid way, thinking that we had a 6 man PUG group with 2 RR 5, Mikke were there himself! we encountered a 8v8 hib group RR5++ and we wiped them with only help from a flanking scout :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Sharaft said:
i said i DONT spam the stun! when it resist i change target or try to mezz

You may not, but the guy that posted this thread obviously does

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
You may not, but the guy that posted this thread obviously does

aye, but got some quoutes where they claimed i spammed when i had told earlier that i dont spam :eek7:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
The spell timer not resetting undeniably works in the minstrels favour, I assume then the issue is about it still using power, which I think it perfectly reasonable, just like it would for sorcs casting mezz on SOSd groups or any spell being resisted for any reason.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
nor does stunning use up stun recast timer. besides, it works vs cb stun feedback aswell, and most likely vs resists too (atleast champ snare doesn't get timer reset when its resisted)

when a stun is resisted it gets timer reset, and power is used.

Corran

Part of the furniture
mikke said:
when a stun is resisted it gets timer reset, and power is used.

And where is the problem? It only a problem if you are playing like an fool and spamming a spell seeing that it being reset but doing nothing. Just like if i spam mezz/root it uses power and does nothing.

It being reset = bonus for you. You can fire it on someone else if multiple enemy or it up the moment charge ends (tip, wait 8-10seconds from first resist and charge probably be over as they had to run to you infirst place)

Spamming a spell = uses power, simple as.

What would you rather?

1) Cast stun, get message target is battlecharged, use up power for that cast as normal, ability used up and you have to wait out full timer to use the ability again.

2) Cast stun, get message battlecharged, use up power for that cast, ability is available to use instantly but will use power as normal each cast.

Personally i rather number 2. Just means you dont keep spamming spell like an idiot. A little thought process of "Hmm, first done nothing, could be feed back, second done nothing must be charge" will give you the clue not to spam it constantly.

Guess it bit hard for me to see though where the problem is because I have the ability to go 1+1=2. Is it just that you want to be able to spam a spell and it only use power if it isnt resisted? If so how would you feel about casters that only use power up if their spells land? Means they can mezz and root spam constantly and not use power because "target is immune", interupting target and yet not using power to do so. Sounds good to me!!!!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
may i just ask, why are you stunning targets that charge?

aside from vamps and valks anything that charges has stoicism and probably high det so your stun is gonna last an almighty 2sec anyways

not that this is even much of a big deal anyway, as VF said, this bug if it is a bug is a helpful one

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
OK guys, enough whining at how you think i play my mincer..

I just wanted to know if this was a bug or what it was? since it didnt make any sence to me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom