mincer in bg1 with stealth

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
k weird this in a way cos its not a rant/flame/moan, but taken on the view of someone playing bg1 on thier way up leveling a char. Not just a /lvl char made specificly for bg.
My mincer will be in bg1 soon named Hummingbird, youll notice her sexy sleek black and red armour running away from u a lot :D, but im worried about my spec. This is why, a LOT of mincers go to bg1 with full instruments/stealth high. Hmm, now these people are the ones who tell me they WTFPWN sb and ns all the time. But it springs to mind for me.. how?!!
They have no combat ability, so how teh feck do they kill them, any mezz u do is broken once the enemy is hit, and sb and ns evade a lot more than a mincer and do nasty style damage. Now my mincer is full instruments and rest thrust, this is purely for lvling in PvE, but now i have bugger all stealth so i cant see sb ns rangers or hunters, so now what, am i basicly stealther bait now ?. Bcoz once im PA'd im screwed, mincers dont have the hp imo to survive a full on stealther combo, and dont have stun/mezz range to take out buffbotted <and lbh most are> archers. Heeeeelp imo, im not going to waste my cash on Sc-ed stuff for bg1, thats for people wit ha high lvl farming alt which i no longer have unfourtunatly, so can someone give me a little insight on this plz :D
:drink:

Knighthood 44 paladin <deleted>
Quarterstaff 50 friar <deleted lol>
Hummingbird 20 mincer
And various lvl 30 odd alts all deleted
Excalibur/Proud member of KOTRT and fan of jimmythepost

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Hmm, now these people are the ones who tell me they WTFPWN sb and ns all the time. But it springs to mind for me.. how?!!

I think it goes something like:

Get mezzed by Minstrel, stand still waiting for something to happen while the minstrel does nothing, notice stealthed figure with Saracen written over its head closing in, get hit by PA, watch as minstrel decides to join in and gets lucky with the final hit resulting in uber WTFPWN minstrel death spam. ;)

The sentence "notice stealthed figure with Saracen written over its head closing in, get hit by PA" can be replaced with "notice 15 albs running towards you, get shot, stabbed, nuked" with the same end result.

Other versions include:

Resist minstrel mezz, chase fleeing minstrel all the way to ck.

and

See minstrel first (we have detect hidden you know), hit minstrel, chase fleeing minstrel all the way to ck.

Good luck ;)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Naugi said:

Get mezzed by Minstrel, stand still waiting for something to happen while the minstrel does nothing, notice stealthed figure with Saracen written over its head closing in, get hit by PA, watch as minstrel decides to join in and gets lucky with the final hit resulting in uber WTFPWN minstrel death spam. ;)

The sentence "notice stealthed figure with Saracen written over its head closing in, get hit by PA" can be replaced with "notice 15 albs running towards you, get shot, stabbed, nuked" with the same end result.

Other versions include:

and

See minstrel first (we have detect hidden you know), hit minstrel, chase fleeing minstrel all the way to ck.

Good luck ;)

oh dear another sad bitter midgard/hibernian, we dont all zerg yknow, and fyi i have seen mincers kill solo b4, and your not an alb, your not a damn minstrel so your post has bugger all to do with what i asked, i asked for mincers for advice, enjoy your fotm stealther and plz dont bother spamming crap on non abusive threads.

On a more positive note i hope we do battle in thid soon :D
may the best utility.. erm.. man win :D

Krom

Fledgling Freddie
well, I played mini in BG1, caped 4 difference specs for fun on pryd...and got my opinion
most important thing for any stealther, indifferently for BG or emain, it's of course caped gear and BB :)
complain to Mythic
about mini himself in BG1 - last speed it's right way for speedbot :)
slash or trust - very close and more affected by real server population/relics situation
with reference to Exc - slash ofc
and spec - 19instr, 21slash, rest stealth (low)
21slash style with snare good, and really help for mini in BG1, but u can sacrifice it to bit more stealth, lowering slash to 19 (not less)
with +5all skills it will be 24instr, 26slash(24), ~16stealth
don't forget to get free 12 skill points by respec instruments just after level20

p.s. GL in BG1 ;)

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
Naugi said:

Other versions include:

and

Good luck ;)

ROFL

Sad, but soooo true mate !!

Made me laugh out loud !
:clap:

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
oh dear another sad bitter midgard/hibernian, we dont all zerg yknow, and fyi i have seen mincers kill solo b4, and your not an alb, your not a damn minstrel so your post has bugger all to do with what i asked, i asked for mincers for advice, enjoy your fotm stealther and plz dont bother spamming crap on non abusive threads.

a) Midgard like it says in my signature
b) If you are honestly about to become a solo mincer I salute you :worthy:
c) I dont need to be an alb minstrel to know how alb minstrels make their kills, I just need to have been in combat with dozens of them (and btw check out the alb who replied and said 'soooo true') :p
d) Shadowblade = fotm since when? You will be telling us Thanes are overpowered next
e) And on that same positive note, I look forward to meeting you in Thidranki, it will happen. Just please without the Infiltrator friend or the 15 other albs

Malik

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I loved playing my mincer in BG1. I had a spec of something like: 24 instruments, 15 slash (+5 i think) and 5 stealth. I soloed a lot (but this spec is also very group friendly) and had no problems taking down any class I met. Ofcourse this was pre SC/Buffbots but still. Just dont put too much emphasis on stealth. It is a useful tool for not being seen when hiding behind a tree, but not for running around with in the open (at least for a mincer in BG1). If a NS/SB jumps you, just do stun and both DDs and immediately begin the mezz. Then play healsong to recover the lost HPs and start wtfpwning them :p. If you see an enemy from a distance, mezz them and then run up to them, do stun and both DDs and start hitting them using positional style with anytime as a backup. Once they start attacking you they should already have lost quite a bit of health and it shouldnt be too big of a problem killing them.
Another tactic I loved using against multiple enemies was hiding behind a tree, aoe mezzing them all, killing one or two low hp chars and running off. My record was killing a group of 3, one after the other (all blue: chanter, bard and hero).

Of course this whole theory of mine was pre BB/SC when emerald armour was still THE thing for BG1, but the tactics should still be the same. Nowadays you might just have to run a few more times, you can tell how buffed a char is by how much damage your DDs do (or don't do). If an archer attacks you just sprint and wait for speedsong to kick in, or you can try running to him, stunning, mezzing and then doing healsong till mezz breaks.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i have a niteshade in BG1 now, i have no BB and mostely solo.
If i meet the enemy they mostely FG, so what you do with the little stealth, you take a cloth guy, and if posible a blue conn so you kill it with 2 shots and run away. This part mostely fail. So we have 1 on 1 rp kill one die one while you grouped guys cap in 2 - 3 runs, the stealther take a few weeks.
Beter not complain imo ;)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It's actually really easy to kill one guy in a fg and get away untouched as a stealther, it all depends on how good the group members are collectively.

BG groups are notorious for getting split up, standing around, or just not paying attention.

Once took out an alb caster on AB when his group crossed, then jumped into the water, recloaked and came up on ck side. While the cleric was rezzing i popped him and killed in 2-3 shots, then got away again while the other group members stood around like lemons.

Went back and took out another wizzie before they finally found me after i got cocky and PA'd their Pally.

Have also tried this and got slaughtered, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but it is possible to kill a group member and get away untouched.

Nait

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:

LOL so SBs are fotm now ??

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
oh dear another sad bitter midgard/hibernian, we dont all zerg yknow, and fyi i have seen mincers kill solo b4, and your not an alb, your

1.20am See Hummingbird in bg1 for the first time, camping mpk with 8 other albs. Just for reference, solo doesnt usually include 8 others.

1.20-1.29am follow Hummingbird around emoting constantly so she knows I am there but dont attack because she sticks close to at least 10 other albs at all times. Of course if I do attack and get stunned by Hummingbird while the other 9 hit me, this is a minstrel WTFPWNing an SB. :rolleyes:

1.30 Finally, see the chance to attack Hummingbird when the alb force she is stuck to fights a hib force at mb. Kill Hummingbird. Me the only mid in the fight, solo and unbuffed, Hibs and Albs all around me.

And to think you said I was 'spamming crap' when I said you would make your kills by running with the zerg.

Congratulations Hummingbird, you just became like all the rest.

:clap:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

really? and at what point in my entier thread did i say i was a solo mincer?. Answer - never, i said i have SEEN mincers kill solo b4, so that comment is void :p, afaik your char must have been called sindi as that was the only sb spamming emotes at me, true i did get killed by a sb in that little fight so bravo to u on that one, though spamming emotes at me all the time is quite pathetic, why u didnt attack me and loathesome at the end when it was just me and him is a bit of a disapointment. But still, ill get me revenge, im not bitter :D i just cant see how u came up with the idea that i said i was going to be a solo mincer ffs, i asked other mincers what they made thier spec and said some say the solo wtfpwn sb/ns, plz read the thread b4 u make replys like that, anyway see u again soon my pretty :p
Me and Loathsome await you.. Bring a troll :D

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
why u didnt attack me and loathesome at the end when it was just me and him is a bit of a disapointment.

Aah yes just you and a tank friend, how silly of me not to attack :rolleyes:

And when I was doing this:

You target Loathesome, you point at Loathesome, you shake your head no
You target Hummingbird, you beckon Hummingbird, you shake your head yes

I was trying to tell you something, see if you can figure it out (you may need to ask other albs for help). :p

Verv

Fledgling Freddie
I'm from pryd/alb and have a 24 mincer called Demoneyez
specced stealth 8+4 (rather didn't have it specced at all, no use in bg)
slash 18+3
instrum 21+2
You see i'm not the richest char and don't have a BB, mostly i run in the pack
(heck most bg1 chars are albs and even if you want to solo you still run with others)
But if i can see the stealther before PA i can handle it, DD-DD-stun then start styling and use the dd's
Usually i have 5 to 10 perc hp left (highlander mincer) but i had my losses
If you want to wtfpwn stick to casters, exept BD's :)

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom