Mincer FaQ?

L

llixeraxu

I hear 50 ins 30 stealth 30 slash is a good template for a group type mince.. but what about a soloist type mini?

J

Jenkz

50 inst 34 slash 26 stealth

"ablative 4 teh win" and all that crap, i guess.

M

minstrel_kyra

actually if you are a solo minstrel, you might consider upping your stealth and lowering your slash.

I went 50/34/26 (and would be considered a group minstrel) and I really like it as it gives me side slash. My stealth isn't as good as others, but as a group minstrel I don't really need it all that often. (only at keep raids when I try to climb up and mez the people inside before someone gets me :) .

Hope this helps. :)

S

Spamb0t

did 50inst 32slash 30stealth.. more of a solo'er i guess ;o

O

old.windforce

50 instruments
minimum of 29 slash (30, 34, 39)
rest stealth

keep instruments up to level when training

F

faderullan

For group minstrels 50instrument 44slash

or even better

50slash 44instrument (Diamond slash is well worth it)

You need autotraining though. Which of course i didnt think of when i was minstrel noob.

The solo minstrel would have great fun with 50slash template. Because you will get pretty much become unbeatble.

G

Gamah

I did 50 inst / 34 slash / 26 stealth

Thinking about lowering stealth to 0 and putting rest in slash as i really dont care about climbimg walls :) but then again safe fall is nice

G

Gamah

oh and P.s those fools that say "if you don't have 30 stealth you will die jumping off a keep" are to be ignored..you lose 5/8% by jumping off a keep.

Normally if you health is that low and you in a keep your gonna die anyway :)

S

SoulFly Amarok

Fadeh, Minstrel's don't need diamond slash. The ablative is a lot better than the style :p

especially, if you going solo with that spec, it eats alot of end, and end pots only last for 2 minutes :/

F

faderullan

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
Fadeh, Minstrel's don't need diamond slash. The ablative is a lot better than the style :p

especially, if you going solo with that spec, it eats alot of end, and end pots only last for 2 minutes :/

Diamond slash > Amethyst slash

And when i had 49slash and 44instrument not many could win 1on1. So with that and diamond slash(Possible with autotrain) it shouldn't get any worse if i say it like that.

And i want my minstrel in group to melee. And i rather have the minstrel do more damage with diamond slash than have 70 ablative instead of 40 ablative vs assisting enemy tanks.

N

Nightchill

50/30/30 works fine for a solo mince. fine for random frontier hunting and great fun in keep takes.

D

Danya

Originally posted by minstrel_kyra
I went 50/34/26 (and would be considered a group minstrel) and I really like it as it gives me side slash. My stealth isn't as good as others, but as a group minstrel I don't really need it all that often. (only at keep raids when I try to climb up and mez the people inside before someone gets me :) .

Hope this helps. :)
Side slicer is 21 spec BTW, and cross slash at 4 spec is better anyway.

I'd go with 50 instruments for sure - the 70 ablative is better than a few percent extra damage. Don't be fooled, damage increase for 50 spec vs 30 is around 12-15% extra, and without stealth you're not as flexible for soloing. Diamond slash just isn't worth it for a minstrel, endurance is not something you have a lot of with your shouts and songs using it.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Danyan
Side slicer is 21 spec BTW, and cross slash at 4 spec is better anyway.

I'd go with 50 instruments for sure - the 70 ablative is better than a few percent extra damage. Don't be fooled, damage increase for 50 spec vs 30 is around 12-15% extra, and without stealth you're not as flexible for soloing. Diamond slash just isn't worth it for a minstrel, endurance is not something you have a lot of with your shouts and songs using it.

It's more than 12-15%.

D

Danya

Hybrid weapon skill isn't that good matt you know. ;)

C

Coren

50/34/26 for a solo minstrel, not like you need to get close enough to PA someone anyway. And this spec gives the best of all 3 lines: best ablative, best anytime style (withouth the gimpy followup which does nearly the same dmg but eats shitloads of end) and climb walls.

L

llixeraxu

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Danyan come back!!!!!:touch:

Who is Danyan anyway.. other than someone who seems to post on EVERY board..

I see a whistle.. so im guessing mincer.. bard?

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by llixeraxu
Who is Danyan anyway.. other than someone who seems to post on EVERY board..

I see a whistle.. so im guessing mincer.. bard?

mincer, mentalist, and release day player afaik, plus a few other alts :eek:

C

Coren

Originally posted by faderullan
Coren: The followup isnt gimpy

The relatively small amount of extra dmg you do compared to the ~50% extra end it costs is. :p

Especially considering he asked for a solo spec and I doubt he'll use end regen pots all the time.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Jenkz
mincer, mentalist, and release day player afaik, plus a few other alts :eek:
Closed beta actually. ;)

50 mincer on pryd (sotl, gop, tlw), 50 mentalist on excal (cf, la, ar), 47 merc and cleric on pryd, some BG alts, etc. :p

L

llixeraxu

Originally posted by Martix
44/39/30 here.
Good for duo ;)

Who do you duo with?

And point out why your spec is better than lets say the 50/30/30

Please :>

D

Danya

Originally posted by llixeraxu
And point out why your spec is better than lets say the 50/30/30

Please :>
It's not - I tried both and 50/30/30 is far better than 44/39/29, the extra damage from 39 slash is minimal, backslash isn't particularly great as a style and you miss the top ablative.

Users who are viewing this thread