Min char limit

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Could this be lowered to 2 or something? If you're quoting someone and just want to add a smilie, or something similar, you have to add in more characters. So you either have to change content entirely, or post extra full stops or something. Muchos annoying.

Didn't say anything the first couple of times I got it, but I'm getting it quite often and it's such a pain in the arse...

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Swift^ said:
Could this be lowered to 2 or something? If you're quoting someone and just want to add a smilie, or something similar, you have to add in more characters. So you either have to change content entirely, or post extra full stops or something. Muchos annoying.

Didn't say anything the first couple of times I got it, but I'm getting it quite often and it's such a pain in the arse...

stops you spamming one character responses.

Will

/bin/su
The idea is that "+1" is two characters, so the limit is set to three.

The 30 seconds between PMs, now that gets on my nerves. 15 seconds would be much more to my liking.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Something to stop the Daoc lot just tying +1 or QQ. Which on bw made up about 74.77% of posts

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
*sigh*

So DAoC users brought about this pain in the arse.

Why am I not surprised? Is nothing sacred?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Easy: Add "+1" to the swear list.

Or, hack the limiter to require at least 2 alphanumeric (+smily) characters - so that you can make a ":D" reply but 2 letters of which one is "+" gets denied?

It looks like I've really got it in for SheepCow at the moment... ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Swift^ said:
*sigh*

So DAoC users brought about this pain in the arse.

Why am I not surprised? Is nothing sacred?

No you are jumping to conclusions. I set it at 10 originally to stop pointless spam including just responses with a :p in it.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Then they could type in +1 and have it turned into ** and people would still know what it was :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
The idea is that "+1" is two characters, so the limit is set to three.

The 30 seconds between PMs, now that gets on my nerves. 15 seconds would be much more to my liking.

Let me see if I can change that........

Sar

Part of the furniture
And the 30 second delay between posts really gets on my

Sar

Part of the furniture
tits.

:D

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
id rather see the character limit increased from 3 to 5~7

i like your tits, so firm and squeezy.. nice to gra...
oops, wrong person :eek6:

:D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Can we have some kind of compromise at least and have quoted text included in the character count??

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Swift^ said:
Can we have some kind of compromise at least and have quoted text included in the character count??

Quoted text will not be included in the character count otherwise you can just quote a message and not type anything.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Deebs said:
Quoted text will not be included in the character count otherwise you can just quote a message and not type anything.

But that was fun!

Especially the misquoting...

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Not wanting to point out the probably obviousness... but if emoticons NAMES count towards the number of characters for "Minimum Characters" then you will still get single "thing" posts:

:confused: = : confused : = 10 characters
:kissit: = : kissit : = 8 characters
:fluffle: = : fluffle : = 9 characters

Hmmm, not sure I am making sense. People can still post a single smiley in response to a thread if the "code" for that smiley is longer than X characters...

Pah... confused myself now... :D

Edit - there are more - but I didn't realise there was a limit on the number of smilies per post!

Users who are viewing this thread