Milk Chocolate is for puffs

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've never been a big fan of chocolate, mainly because most of the chocolate sold in this country is milk chocolate, which tastes creamy and shite. Lately however I've taken to eating the Lindt 85% chocolate which tastes fantastic, and which apparently is very good for your heart. Its also very low in carbohydrates, so no sugar boost.

I've discovered that you can buy 99% cocoa chocolate, so wondered if anyone had been man enough to buy it from a supermarket, and which supermarket that may have been?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The chocolate in this country is shit. I am also a fan of dark and high cocoa chocolate. Do not think I have ever had 99% stuff though. I like lindt, but green and blacks is better.

If you really like good chocolate, go to a Lild or Aldi or the like. Very cheap and very good chocs from Europe.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I have a stash of lindt which ranges from 60% to 99%.
I also like milk chocolate :d

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Those Guylian milk choccy shell things are fucking fantastic.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Dutch chocolate is good and the milk ones are better then the uk has. Though saying that I still like the milk ones from the uk. Mainly because it was a treat for me.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Dark chocolate is great but so is Lindt's double milk stuff

lindt-swiss-classic-double-2.jpg

mmmmmmm

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Whats wrong with our Chocolate? mind you I like any chocolate, unless it is combined with alcahol then it is a crime against nature.

I remember taking the tour round the Cadbury factory and loved every second of it and the free tasters

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I've never really understood the fuss about chocolate.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lately however I've taken to eating the Lindt 85% chocolate which tastes fantastic, and which apparently is very good for your heart. Its also very low in carbohydrates, so no sugar boost.

Carbohydrates...good for you....you poofter!

Man up for f*cks sake, no wonder you're pansy enough not to eat 99% :p

You even sound like a girl! "Oooh, i've taken to eating". Just eat it you polerider!

And you dare put that as a topic.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Whats wrong with our Chocolate?

A lot of the chocolate made in this country includes vegetable fats, where as the rest of europe don't

At one point the EU were actually going to block UK companies from labelling their products as chocolate, and were going to be forced to mark it as chocolate substitute, but I believe this was overturned.

Back on topic, swiss or belgian milk chocolate is nice, but I would've thought 99% would be too bitter to eat.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
methinks a 99% cocoa choccy would be quite rank. 70~80% ftw!

noblok

Part of the furniture
If I remember correctly you aren't supposed to eat the 99%. It's only used in certain recipes.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My poo contains 1% chocolate and I can really taste it!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
UK chocolate is crap for the most part.

But it's still better than our US counterparts. That stuff is beyond terrible and is basically inedible.

Milk chocolate is far better than plain/dark chocolate IMO. I generally stick to the Swiss stuff as no-one makes better chocolate. Been to a few chocolate factories in Switzerland and they take it so seriously it's mental. :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Screw the lot of you :p

I hate the way its become 'cool' to trash UK chocolate - despite their bleatings blind taste tests showed europeans preferred it to the high cocoa ones so nyer nyer :p

I love it - hate continental and dark chocolates - you can feel the milk solids doing you good :)

I also hate the sucession of 'celebrity chefs' who roll their eyes at how ignorant the UK population is and try to 'educate them' - theres a new guy doing the usual patronising bullshit in regard to chocolate now - pah!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
its not become cool - you just have screwed up tasted buds due to years of sugar polution

plus you might have an inferiority complex

everyone knows continental europe rules for food

rynnor

Rockhound
its not become cool - you just have screwed up tasted buds due to years of sugar polution

Nah I just havent blunted my tastebuds with coffee abuse - I dont need 99% to taste cocoa in it :p

plus you might have an inferiority complex

Nevaah! I am an Englishman - I have a superiority complex since we won every war in Europe for a thousand years and invented everything worth having including chocolate!

everyone knows continental europe rules for food

Have you been to the scandanavian parts of Europe??? Yeugh! Italian food is great but none of them have the cosmopolitan acceptance of other countries cuisine that we have in the UK and none of them make decent puddings :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Nevaah! I am an Englishman - I have a superiority complex since we won every war in Europe for a thousand years and invented everything worth having including chocolate!

I think the Maya might take slight issue with that last statement.

Have you been to the scandanavian parts of Europe??? Yeugh! Italian food is great but none of them have the cosmopolitan acceptance of other countries cuisine that we have in the UK and none of them make decent puddings :p

Agreed. Only people from south of say, Dijon, have any right to slag off English food, and Scandinavian food is fucking rank.

Personally I like UK chocolate and expensive Swiss stuff. Sometimes you want steak, sometimes you want hamburger.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the Maya might take slight issue with that last statement.

They are often quoted as the inventors of chocolate but you wouldnt recognise what they used cocoa leaves for as 'chocolate' - modern chocolate was invented here.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They are often quoted as the inventors of chocolate but you wouldnt recognise what they used cocoa leaves for as 'chocolate' - modern chocolate was invented here.

Hmm, according to the always-reliable Wikipedia, modern chocolate is an Italian invention.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Chocolate is just amazing from the darkest of dark to white, with chilli or ginger, is my favorite and yes Hotel chocolat sell the most amazing dark chocky with chilli, I am also a fan of Green and Blacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom