Might try this game

Hellmut

Fledgling Freddie
hi all DAOC vets and the like.

As a player of WAR,LOTRO,AOC and LOTRO i have seen many threads saying just how superior this game is.

Although sceptical i have decided to try the 14day trial and will be downloading tonight.
As such i have a few questions.

1) Will the graphics be a turn off for me due to age? (i can play LOTRO in all its dx10 glory on max settings)
2) Is the game similar to Warhammer and the rest UI wise? (they all seem similar)
3) I want to play alot of PVP so which is the best server?(im from the UK):england:
4) Is there still enough life to have fun

Thats a few questions but i would like to be sold so any other positives would be appreciated

Thanks in advance:worthy:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

As a player of WAR,LOTRO,AOC and LOTRO i have seen many threads saying just how superior this game is.

Although sceptical i have decided to try the 14day trial and will be downloading tonight.

1) Will the graphics be a turn off for me due to age? (i can play LOTRO in all its dx10 glory on max settings)
2) Is the game similar to Warhammer and the rest UI wise? (they all seem similar)
3) I want to play alot of PVP so which is the best server?(im from the UK):england:

Thats a few questions but i would like to be sold so any other positives would be appreciated

1. Graphics dont make a game.
2. UI's are fully customizable with addons.
3. USA server cluster (ywain) is the best.
4. Plenty of life for a good fear years on ywain.

Hellmut

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks,

Also forgot to mention that i run Vista64, i hope thats not a problem.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture

1) Personally I dont think the graphics will put you off... for me its always been the playability factor

2) Similar to Warhammer? hell no... UI is alot better

3) There is really only 1 huge cluster which is on the US servers called Ywain and many of the EU players have returned to play on this huge cluster. Prime time on US is approx 3200 to 3800 and off peak is roughly 1200 to 2400.

4) see number 3

Positives:

Still great fun even tho the year of the game.
Alot easier to equip your characters now as you can use Bounty Points to get Master Levels, Bounty Items etc...
The community is abit of a mixture... you have your serious players, casual players and fun players.

Many many players have said including myself that DAoC has the best PVP system ever for an online multiplayer game. Alot of players who tried other online games have pretty much always gone back to DAoC because of the PVP system.

Negative:

The only problem you might have when going PvP is that alot of people run 2 accounts... 1 for buffs and the other as main account for PvP.

You can either do it this way... Beg for buffs... or play characters that has self buffs if you want to only have 1 account (But the character choices are very limited...

There is also a npc buffbot that will give you full amount of buffs but they are not as good as player character 'buffbots'

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved

It's nice to see DAoC bringing in new players. I personally think the graphics are not too bad, ofc they are not as good as crysis, but they sufficient. Many games today come out with amazing graphics and no longevity or playability.

UI wise there are many different UIs to aid you ingame. there is one with larger group targets to make it more easy for healers, and ones that give you information about mobspawns, realm ranks and other things. A good UI is very helpful to a new gamer.

Ywain is the best, hands down. There are a few EU guilds on hib that i know of, Terra Dominus and Na Fianna Dragun.

Yes, the population that are now playing daoc are the ones that will not stop playing it until the servers are shut down. After nine years of playing..they are still here. IF the servers would be shut down it would only make way for freeshard servers that would still have a high pop because of old players + EU's coming back to play for free. But i don't think Freeshard pop is allowed here...

PM me if you have more questions, there are many many seasoned players who can help you.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
1) Personally I dont think the graphics will put you off... for me its always been the playability factor

2) Similar to Warhammer? hell no... UI is alot better

3) There is really only 1 huge cluster which is on the US servers called Ywain and many of the EU players have returned to play on this huge cluster. Prime time on US is approx 3200 to 3800 and off peak is roughly 1200 to 2400.

4) see number 3

Positives:

Still great fun even tho the year of the game.
Alot easier to equip your characters now as you can use Bounty Points to get Master Levels, Bounty Items etc...
The community is abit of a mixture... you have your serious players, casual players and fun players.

Many many players have said including myself that DAoC has the best PVP system ever for an online multiplayer game. Alot of players who tried other online games have pretty much always gone back to DAoC because of the PVP system.

Negative:

The only problem you might have when going PvP is that alot of people run 2 accounts... 1 for buffs and the other as main account for PvP.

You can either do it this way... Beg for buffs... or play characters that has self buffs if you want to only have 1 account (But the character choices are very limited...

There is also a npc buffbot that will give you full amount of buffs but they are not as good as player character 'buffbots'

This ^^

Although I would disagree that a bot is 100% needed, the majority of other plays run one, so when grouping it's not an issue at all. If you solo it's vital.

IMO the game is fairly complex in comparison with LOTR/WOW/WAR and appears difficult for new players to pick up, but stick at it and it's still the best MMO around.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
For a new player i would recommend to join Hibernia and create a vampiir. He has self buffs and leveling with him is easy. In any case if you join Hibernia and you need help with anything pm Hallara-Ywain1 :)

Hellmut

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the advice, will have a crack at the weekend.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I run on vista x64 with no probs at all.

It's a great game, i love it. The pvp is really excellent - everyone views the pve as a grind to start the pvp - thats not a criticism of the pve but a testament to how much fun the pvp is.

Other vital thing is you get in with a friendly bunch of players who share Euro hours. US Ywain is the end game by the way, dont consider going anywhere else.

Server should have 2 years in it at least - especially as I suspect they will introduce a judicious char transfer from Euro to bolster the numbers when the US numbers start to flag.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
I can only add in to alot of this.

DAoC was my first MMO i played and i played it for about 3.5 years, then i quit and began to play WoW for about 2 years. quit that tried several different MMO's like LoTRO then played WAR. During theese other MMO's i could never stop comparing them to DAoC tho, that was the impression DAoC had made on me.

This is a great game and i'm back now als, playing on ywain , albion. Abit sad that they oversimplified the PvE abit to much, but as many have said it's the RvR it is at.

It's a brilliant game and extremely fun.

Hellmut

Fledgling Freddie
Looking good so far..........

By the way how long will i have to PvE before i get to do some PvP?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I started a scout this week and now im lvl50 with all arties, and now you can pay an NPC 8 gold for base buffs its pretty decent.

EDIT: I was doing the dousing quest with 2 ml10 minstrells from CM which meant like 1 bub every 2.5 mins at 49 :p but even using port stone it goes quicker 40+.

Hellmut

Fledgling Freddie
Urm im a right burke!!!!

I downloaded the european trial when i should have done the american one yeah?

I could only see euro servers and i have no wish to join that ghost town..........

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Urm im a right burke!!!!

I could only see euro servers and i have no wish to join that ghost town..........

See my reply on your thread about it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Urm im a right burke!!!!

Ouchie. What a mistakea to maka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom