Mids at Bolg Tonight

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by wrathofsauron

I would like to see a nerf of pbaoe in general to make the game more fun i understand you hibs don't want it that way cuz then you actually had to work for your rp.

:( yet you whine about the zerkerchanges ,,, pbae = 800 dmge? yourzerker can kill chanters in1-2 hits? quit the fucking whining ,,,, yes pbae does do uber dmge, BUT they have to be up close n personal to cast it which for a caster is verydangerous , the ONLY changes i would like to see in chanters are take away there stun and take the snare of there pet, if that happens i will be a very happy alb, there pbae dmge is fine "considering the danger when casting" ,or maybe cos u got shit resists?

L

Lomald Umilinn

Originally posted by -yoda-
:( yet you whine about the zerkerchanges ,,, pbae = 800 dmge? yourzerker can kill chanters in1-2 hits? quit the fucking whining ,,,, yes pbae does do uber dmge, BUT they have to be up close n personal to cast it which for a caster is verydangerous , the ONLY changes i would like to see in chanters are take away there stun and take the snare of there pet, if that happens i will be a very happy alb, there pbae dmge is fine "considering the danger when casting" ,or maybe cos u got shit resists?

Can't say i agree here though =)
perfectly agree with whoever says nerf/remove pbaoe :>
Realm abilities AND pbaoe fucked up this game really bad :(.

Edit: PBAOE is what made 2 hibs and 2 sms able to kill a full relic raid force only becuase of no way to defend yourself vs it.

Realm Abilities is what made it quite pointless to do stun moves and chains and debuffs etc because there is a cure for it, and its instant, and it makes you immune for 60 sec :).

Oh, and Realm Abilities is what makes every tank get twice hits and some other classes double life :).

Now what did *NOT* fuckup game more then RA's and pbaoe?
I would love to get back about 12 patches, BEFORE pbaoe ... BEFORE realm abilities, then we can talk about skills.

O

old.Leel

All that needs to be done is move the debuffs and the pet focus shield (which makes chanters pve gods and extremely easy to level) to echantment spec, then those chanters wouldn't so damn fotm anymore. Oh, and remove baod please. Oh, and their zealot pet gets 15% heat debuff next patch anyway.

L

lofff

uff cba to read tru all the fighting.. but yep was a damn nice way to stack for a single mezz xD and it was nov's mezz (he was going ahead;P) but i healed cuth!! for 300sh hp!! nerf my heals ha!

O

old.Outlaw

lol, which Mids are you talking about? cuz we ganked about 3-4 fg @ Bolg too using traditional hack slash and nook methods:p

Personally I really don't understand why a Mid zerg went to bash doors knowing there were pleeeeeeeeeeeenty of ALbs and Hibs around.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
lol, which Mids are you talking about? cuz we ganked about 3-4 fg @ Bolg too using traditional hack slash and nook methods:p

Personally I really don't understand why a Mid zerg went to bash doors knowing there were pleeeeeeeeeeeenty of ALbs and Hibs around.
yeh thanks for that Outlaw.. we were struggling to get numbers to Bolg, would've been a close call if you guys hadn't arrived :)

about an hour later some Mids attacked Bolg again which is when it happened.. glad someone who was there saw the humour in it

and I agree with wrath that pbaoe should be toned down, imo it should have an overall damage cap, like 2000 or 1500 dmg in total, because as long as pbae is as powerful as it is, they can't change their f'ked up interrupt system because it will overpower pbae casters

S

StormriderX

pbaoe = skill.

Rolling Fotm = skill
Spamming DF for the win = skill
Spamming one of your many insta cc = skill

Pbaoe only causes trouble for retards. Have one of your heals use on of their many insta's cc the chanter, or group a warrior (shock horror) dropping one of 5 savages/zerk and have him slam the chanter whilst he's using moc.

Or failing that you can run out of pb range. Yes thats right chanters can't exactly cast pb on the run you know :p

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Lomald Umilinn
Edit: PBAOE is what made 2 hibs and 2 sms able to kill a full relic raid force only becuase of no way to defend yourself vs it.

Moving out of the short range (325 radius) is a easy way to defend yourself...

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by noaim
I could aswell say "A bard saying a zerker whining baout skill is irony...all you gotta do is ae mezz and group heal." That is about as correct as that a zerker only need to stick and spam DF.

You see, all classes can be made skilless if you want to.

Chanter...only press pbae. Warden...only run pbt. Hero...only slam and start hitting. Mana ment...omg just ae dot. How skilless.
All a druid gotta do is to buff and do insta heals and spread heals. Cant be any skilled druids out there when that is all they need to do can there?

It has nothing to do with how many buttons you press or jobs to do, which I can assure you Bard has more then any other class to do. It has everything to do with a ridiculously over-powered class, whining about another ridiculously over-powered class.

K

kiranian-

Hehe aye you got us good and proper :) we had someone dead by the gate and we try not to leave anyone there and then bang you got us , It was good defence from the hibs /salute it was the second time we tried to take bolg but we forgot the rams both times lol :D But it was funny nevertheless :)

What was ever funnyier imo was that our keep in Albion Erasleigh was under attack by 31 albs and 1 defender and the guards kill them all :) But they did come back with a bigger amount afterwards and took it back:)

Anyways was a fun night anyways

Regards Ladonna

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.Nol
It has nothing to do with how many buttons you press or jobs to do, which I can assure you Bard has more then any other class to do. It has everything to do with a ridiculously over-powered class, whining about another ridiculously over-powered class.

Still all or most classes can be said to skilless, if the player dont use all the tools given.

Difference is a skilless zerk wont be noticed as much as a useless bard, since the zerk will still deal damage (not as much and prolly at wrong people tho) but the bard would be able to fuck up the group if he sucks.

Edit: Altho it takes alot more to play a bard well than it takes to play a zerk well.

G

Garbannoch Nox

PB is useless against good groups - if you die to PB it's 100% your own fault - and actually again only the poor underpowered Midgard has the perfect tools for a pb ambush: aoe insta stun and pb - but i guess it's hard to choose between all the overpowered classes - damn you guys got problems ;)

O

old_saxo

pbaoe = skill.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by noaim
Still all or most classes can be said to skilless, if the player dont use all the tools given.

Difference is a skilless zerk wont be noticed as much as a useless bard, since the zerk will still deal damage (not as much and prolly at wrong people tho) but the bard would be able to fuck up the group if he sucks.

I agree, plz explain to Wos, my post was reflection of his.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by alme
wrathofmybuffbot

Was funny 12 months ago, but a tad out of date don't you think?

No bots in Hib?

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
PB is useless against good groups - if you die to PB it's 100% your own

Not really.

If you go back to pk once you've blown purge and so only ever fight with purge up then I'll agree that dying to pbaoe ain't gonna happen much.

But if the group has just come out of a hard fight in which players blew their purge then you end up with just the merc/arms in the group trying to down 2/3 luris whilst 3 heroes are spamming annihilation.

But then, Hib groups get 2/3 bites of the purge cake.

O

old.Mousah

Originally posted by dakeyras
Was funny 12 months ago, but a tad out of date don't you think?

No bots in Hib?

we call them druids, and we tend to keep them in group instead of buff and leave them at tk...

W

wrathofsauron

Originally posted by old.Mousah
we call them druids, and we tend to keep them in group instead of buff and leave them at tk...

I see spamriderx in your guild is of another opinion last time i did talk to him "90% of all druids in cf are bbs nowdays".

S

StormriderX

Not really.

If you go back to pk once you've blown purge and so only ever fight with purge up then I'll agree that dying to pbaoe ain't gonna happen much.

But if the group has just come out of a hard fight in which players blew their purge then you end up with just the merc/arms in the group trying to down 2/3 luris whilst 3 heroes are spamming annihilation.

But then, Hib groups get 2/3 bites of the purge cake.

When faced with a stationary caster (since they have to stand still to cast), there is absolutely no reason what so ever to show your back to a tank. Keep them in front of you instead. Oh and not all Hero's are lw spec :x

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by StormriderX
When faced with a stationary caster (since they have to stand still to cast), there is absolutely no reason what so ever to show your back to a tank. Keep them in front of you instead. Oh and not all Hero's are lw spec :x

Ok, I'll admit I'm a noob...but how do you kill several casters with a frontal arc weapon whilst at the same time not showing your massive rear arc :) to the 2/3 heroes trying slam/annihilate?

I have a Reaver and the rear positionals are the easiest melee styles after anytime.

O

old.Mousah

I see spamriderx in your guild is of another opinion last time i did talk to him "90% of all druids in cf are bbs nowdays".

you propobly confused it like you do with every post on this forum...

O

old.Nol

Ok, I'll admit I'm a noob...but how do you kill several casters with a frontal arc weapon whilst at the same time not showing your massive rear arc :) to the 2/3 heroes trying slam/annihilate?

I have a Reaver and the rear positionals are the easiest melee styles after anytime.

You won't be killing several casters and still have 2/3 heros trying to slam you. That would make the group bigger then 1fg, if the group is bigger then 1fg, then one can assume your group is of a similar size. If it is, and you have 2/3 hero's on your back, then you will die a hero, because your grp will win.

The most likely case, assuming your groups have healers, you will find the hero's on their backs, with at the most 2 defensive tanks trying to slam incoming on casters, but more then likely on the bard or druid.

Most often I find people die because they never discussed what each other's jobs were. It makes a lot of sense to sort that out right from the beginning. In groups that play together often, they already know what is expected of each other.

S

StormriderX

Strafe is the key. Stay stuck to caster and strafe so that the tanks are in front of you. Then use the according style depending on where you end up in relation to the caster ;x

Oh and save purge for melee stuns :x

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by old.Nol

The most likely case, assuming your groups have healers, you will find the hero's on their backs, with at the most 2 defensive tanks trying to slam incoming on casters, but more then likely on the bard or druid.

If you read the post in context, the scenario was that the rest of your group are mezzed, with purge down, leaving just the 1 or 2 high det tanks to try and kill the chanters whilst avoiding the heroes rear style.

And 2/3 chanters+2/3 heroes not possible in 1fg? Bollox

A

Amadon

If you read the post in context, the scenario was that the rest of your group are mezzed, with purge down, leaving just the 1 or 2 high det tanks to try and kill the chanters whilst avoiding the heroes rear style.

And 2/3 chanters+2/3 heroes not possible in 1fg? Bollox
if your group is mez'd chances are you will lose regardless against equal oponents
to combat pbaoe, run away from the casters the moment they break your mez, don't try kill them until they've burnt moc (15 seconds), take out their support rather
and if you have 2-3 heros hitting you, then that means there are none on your support, so after pb's broken the mez, your support should be able to heal you and keep you alive while you mow down the enemy support, and keep the casters interrupted/mez'd

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Amadon
if your group is mez'd chances are you will lose regardless against equal oponents

Exactly!

So that answers the question about a good group can lose to pbaoe.

As for moving away from the pbaoe. If you have never been mezzed then pbaoe'd you obviously do not know how difficult that is. The lag-fest created by 2 chanters pbaoeing makes moving in the 2-3 seconds available very, very difficult. As an Alb, with maxed resists and cleric+friar buffs, life-expectency in a 2 chanter pbaoe fest is about 2 seconds.

From a Mid pov, aoe insta stun is great for combating pbaoe, but it has to be up.

What is encouraging from an Alb/Exc pov is the loads, and I mean LOADS, of ickle Ice Wizzies around. A few more weeks and perhaps all realms will see just how overpowered this spell is.

A

Amadon

Exactly!

So that answers the question about a good group can lose to pbaoe.
a good group will not all get caught by a mez, they spread out
stacked pbaoe on a bunch of tightly grouped enemies is terrible in killing power, but the counter is extremely simple
As for moving away from the pbaoe. If you have never been mezzed then pbaoe'd you obviously do not know how difficult that is.
I manage to escape mez -> pbaoe in 95% of cases with my mages, and 100% of cases when I'm playing a bard
mez -> stun -> pbaoe is harder, but only mid has access to that and they currently prefer zerkers/savages
The lag-fest created by 2 chanters pbaoeing makes moving in the 2-3 seconds available very, very difficult.
better pc or /effects self
As an Alb, with maxed resists and cleric+friar buffs, life-expectency in a 2 chanter pbaoe fest is about 2 seconds.
with maxed resists+buffs, ex crits, you should be getting about 350-400 damage per pbaoe in the center (these are the numbers I regularly see against decent groups), 2 x that is 700-800, factor in 50% crits which is highly unlikely and u're at 1050 - 1200 damage, note that this is right at the center, assuming both chanters are right on top of each other
that breaks mez, gives you 1.5 seconds to run away, even my eldritch can escape that

and please note that the chances of that damage are very low from 2 chanters, because a) you have to be right on top of them, b) they have to crit, c) they have to be right on top of each other (which isn't optimum for damage coverage.. you break alot of mezzes with very low damage)

From a Mid pov, aoe insta stun is great for combating pbaoe, but it has to be up.
insta mez works well too, qc mez, melee stun, mincer insta stun

What is encouraging from an Alb/Exc pov is the loads, and I mean LOADS, of ickle Ice Wizzies around. A few more weeks and perhaps all realms will see just how overpowered this spell is.
1) pbaoe is overpowered, imo there needs to be a cap on the total damage it deals
2) boad > moc + pb :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom