midgard

C

cadiva

Well I'd like to say I think the first post is a load of bollox (so ner).

I am a shaman, I'm an actively played shaman, what's more, my guild has at least five other actively played shaman, plus about 4 or 5 healers, we have two lvl 50 supp specced runeys and we have one skald.

So, apart from you being completely and utterly wrong in your assumption about Midgard, perhaps if more people grouped properly at lower levels instead of wandering around with a shaman buffbot stuck to their arses, you might find the chance for more balanced groups at lvl 50.

And as someone else already pointed out in an earlier post, most people go RvR in guild groups because they're used to playing with the other people in that group.

Perhaps that is a clue too?

P

parzi

no, dmg is not king in rvr, good support and heals are (not affected by any resists etc, spread heals etc). but then again, keeping a grp alive does not get you alot of killmessages^^

A

Arnor

Originally posted by parzi
no, dmg is not king in rvr, good support and heals are (not affected by any resists etc, spread heals etc). but then again, keeping a grp alive does not get you alot of killmessages^^

try to play an aug/mend healer/shaman or supp-rm for some weeks, then come and tell me that dmg isnt king in rvr.

(since you prolly missed the target:)
My point was that its much more boring to play such a char then it is to play someone that deals alot of dmg, for most ppl anyway.
Thats why I said that if ppl really want more support-chars, help them lvl ffs! dont just whine and moan about not having enough aug/mend shamans in midgard etc.

P

parzi

not everyone thinks that this is boring. i played in a grp with 2 druids in hibernia, and they healed for so much that it was not even funny any more :D
Supporters are the bread and butter of any decent rvr grp nowadays. thats what i was saying. and oh yes, we got a sup rm, a shaman, 2 aug/mend and pac/mend healer in our grp who enjoy their class :p

Its just personal preference, but try a grp without casters ? np. a grp without tanks ? umm caster grp, hard, and you have to get the jump on s.o. then it can work. but a grp without supporters ? no way...

P

parzi

i meant 1 aug mend and 1 aug pac healer, not 2 aug ^^

C

cadiva

Originally posted by parzi
not everyone thinks that this is boring.

Totally agree with you here. My shaman is aug/mend spec with very little cave and so soloing was never really a viable option.

I've loved every bit of playing her, I still do, both in RvR and in PvE and the groups my guild turn out are seldom a 'balanced' group and maybe that's what makes them so much fun and is what keeps us all playing (in Wolverines at least) right through since closed beta to now ;)

I

i-r-e-n-a

Come to Albion then.

We have the best healing class/player in game. Our clerics never die, they stand closely outside emain teleport keep and protect their precious realm guards. They never complain, even if they had to stand at the same place over a few hours, they just stand there, focusing on defending their teleport keep. They never move, always 100% focuing always awake.

Where else can you find such remarkable healing class apart from Albion?

H

horsma

Originally posted by i-r-e-n-a
Come to Albion then.

We have the best healing class/player in game. Our clerics never die, they stand closely outside emain teleport keep and protect their precious realm guards. They never complain, even if they had to stand at the same place over a few hours, they just stand there, focusing on defending their teleport keep. They never move, always 100% focuing always awake.

Where else can you find such remarkable healing class apart from Albion?

:D

W

Whisperess

Playing my mend/pac Healer in RvR and loving it.

Played my supp SM to RR5 then got bored, maybe will play her again sometime.

Will almost only play my healer with guildies or other people I know have a clue. Utter sick of "FFS WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME WHEN I RAN INTO 3FG HIBS, I WAS GOING TO PWN THEM WITH DOUBLEFROST4TEHWIN!!!11"

Be nice to your healers, and try to show that you have atleast a slight clue what you're doing and they might consider grouping with you.

P

parzi

hehe, now what whisperes described is a typical example of why most healers are in guildgroups etc :p

S

soth-zorena

The problem is imo

Playing healer after awhile gets boring as fuck, going emain with 2fgs and heal is getting bored after afew months.
If your grouping with a healer dont ever whine on them in the beginning that was 1 of the reasons i didn't go in "random" grps in the begining and when you did go and the grp died its because the tanks where also doing something wrong if you got someone bashing the healer you should also figure you dont get heals ..

well whatever happens in midgard for awhile i will not be there, but have fun and good luck with what you do.

M

marach

as for not doing dmg..

im a cave shaman.. i ususaly dont use my cave skills atm since i play alot in my new guild (Purgatory) wich i btw think rox :) i know i can do the REAL dmg.. more than any 1 imagines i belive.
made around 30k in 2-3hours when the albs did CS zergs in mid .. SOLO ..

now i just hand out end and heal some mixed with a instant pbae disease now and then.. waiting for a resepc stone to dump into me :)

though i cant realy focus on 1 char i have like.. a zillion alts :)

i like my shaman thought.

C

cadiva

Originally posted by soth-zorena
going emain with 2fgs and heal is getting bored after afew months.

Could be that's where you're going wrong then?
Avoid Emain and you might have much more fun playing a healer type maybe?

I've done nearly all of my RvR in Midgard's frontiers or on keep take trips into Albion and it's been fun on 99.9% of those trips.
About the only time it's no fun is when the lag drives the actual ability to play your character down the pan because your framerate is so buggered you can't actually react quick enough.

That is my only bug bare with large scale RvR and another great reason for avoiding the zerg which is Emain.

R

redknapp

Its very easy to say its not about the killspam, but with the rest of Midgard running on that mentality, it does get hard at times.

In a non-guild group, I have several times had people ignore the fact that I am having the crap beaten out of me because they know that their End Regen will hold even if I die. To them, its worth sacrificing me if I provide nice tank bait whilst they take out enemy healers and buffers, particularly the End Chant casters.

They say " whats the problem, we kept the healer alive to rez you" but whilst im laying there dead, I am getting no RPs, while the rest of the group is raking it in.

Until tanks in Mid start at least trying to protect the Shammy in non-guild groups, I think i'll randomly RvR on my BD.

W

Whisperess

Forget it redknapp, it will always be like that. 99.9% of random group tanks run away from the healer/shaman to hit on some enemy that the other tanks aren't hitting.

"oooh, look - a moose - I want to hit it!"

E

etcetra

Well, Supprunies aint boring OR bad.
They have 6s PBT AND hit for decent damage.

Plus, you get lotta killmsg's ;D
I played a rr3-4 runie once, at one day i got the killmsg of Grymulv, Tanktster and Outlaw oO

:great:

M

marach

etcetra since ur at thane i wont realy comment that you killed 3 peeps on a day (yippee..) after all its not ur faulth you choosed a thane..? :]

B

bushranger

well, i play my healer a lot in rvr (RR4L7 last i checked), and i dont understand why a lot of ppl with healers hate playing there character. it rox imo, and im not being sarcastic

knowing that u hold the grp together, u decide who lives and who dies, who to mezz and stun, and when.. getting off those ubah spread heals when it looks like ur whole team is down and out - it rocks.

and tbh, i very, very rarely get abuse from ppl - then again, i dont often form random grps, and if i do its only with ppl i know who can play. if ppl give me shit for poor performance, i either deserve it, or the others in the grp tell them to stfu.

lately, playing with purg, i have a warrior (nazghul, i love u) who sticks my arse and blocks like mad for me, allowing me to keep my grp alive and continue to stun mezz the enemy.

for example - a couple of weeks ago in emain, 3fg of mids were standing around in a tight bunch, rebuffing after some alb bashing. we got jumped by about 2fg+ hibbies - aoe mezz, everybody standing around stupidly with zzzs over their heads,a nd 4pbaoers run into the middle of us and start spaming. i purge, ran out, spread healed my gpr for a bit, stunned the enemy pbaoers, my grp killed them (other 2fg died very fast), and then we killed the remaining hibbies, no losses in our grp. fuck did i feel ubah!! no amount of deathspam could possibly give me that feeling of a character well played, and a day saved.

healers rock, end of story, i love playing my healer

A

Arnor

made around 30k in 2-3hours when the albs did CS zergs in mid .. SOLO ..

and lvl 50 and rr6 within 10days played solo is also possible with a shaman :rolleyes:

A

arrakeen

Arnor infact a solo player is able to get shit loads of RP in keep fights aslong as they dont die...
I have manage around 30k in a keepdefence allso and im a runie a cave shammy is even better :p

But then again its very rarely its happends :)

M

mirak_naijmi

This is probably the only problem 1,62 will solve :)

Let the sbs in the groups so we might learn how important it is to get a healer ;)

W

Wonk

Cave shammies rox when they solo :D
If just they know where the alb/hib zerg is! :)

B

bicki

i find Alb is very annoying in RvR, Ganking ganking and more ganking, no tactics at all... 1 sb vs 4 alb stealther everywhere in emain. people will quit RvR for that, after 6 months, hardly every you can find mid with more thrn 8 FG .....

come on Mid, lets zerging alb back :D

B

buff

then i suggest u organise a group maybe 2, go fs, take a keep or two, camp gank highway. Like minded albs will come out and play eventually(may take a few days), when they know the fun is there,but u speak if rvr is emain

O

osy

holy shit... 18 times ? je suis completement debile.

believe me or not, but that was an unfortunate accident. I'll just abstain from posting 17 times, that should make up for it :D

Users who are viewing this thread