Midgard, the realm without moral.

I

iceflower

Great post Riv. :)

Those that worship the "Pride and Honour" concept should also ponder the fact that military history shows that those very often goes hand in hand with stupid leadership and narrowminded thinking. I doubt you want to be associated with that. Those shining knights you probably associcate the concept with was anything but full of pride and honour in real life, except in tales like "Le Mort d'Arthur" and "The Rose and the Knight" of course. But those tales were composed for entertainment at courts, not as guides on how to act in real life. Romantic literature it was and nothing else. A bit like Danielle Steele today and I doubt any of you would be caugth admitting you use those books as guides in your real or doac life :)

Moral standards creates a reason to say I am much better than you. Most faiths on our Earth includes that component. But like everything else it is just a percieved justification for feeling good with yourself.

I

iceflower

>>I really dont agree, its a role playing game, RPG, you take on a role and you act it. Most people want to act and behave a certain way with their charcter, as this is not quake or CS where it really dont matters... And the character most people "play" are often a reflection of their irl self.

When I bought this game many moons ago I thought it was a role playing game akin to the pen and paper rpgs I played as a teenager. The harsh reality of the game servers quickly took me out of that belief.

However, to spin a bit on the role playing aspect. You actually put forth a very viable argument for alarm bell raids. Relic raids are the ultimate invasion of the enemy realm that the game allows you to do. Now how do you role play a military commander and his lieutants? One way would be to adapt tested military thinking and concepts from real life that maximises your chance of succeeding, of which the most important is to achieve surprise and distrupt the enemy so it cannot field an efficient defence. A good strategy is the key here and timing of the attack an important factor so the rpg argument wont support the pride and honour cause then. Another way would be to play out a romanticed version of Arthurs Knights. But forcing other cultures to play according to the same rules would be like arguing that there only exists one faith and one true God that you want to force on all unbelievers. And maybe here is the interesting difference between the realms from a role playing point of view. The selfrightousness in this thread makes a bit sense from a role playing perspective as long as it is an Albion trait.

Of course since we all know that >95% of all players of Doac dont role play it is a moot point. :)

I

iceflower

>They don't give a damn, those who support this crap just care for the +20% melee bonus....

I am quite sure some of those that are having fun in mid frontiers the last couple of days have been albs too.

>Whats the point in trying to get the Relics again when Mids will alarm clock raid us again

You are focusing too hard on the ownership of the relics, take a look at the quality of gameplay instead. Relics that stay in the same relic keep for more that a few weeks indicate that you are stuck with the "plain jane deathmatching" in emain routine on the server. Gameplay gets revitalised when relics change hands. The only ones that dont like that is probably the high realm rank groups that prefer to farm rps in emain. I guess pick up group players are more happy though :)

>albs > mids > hibs

I would be surprised if the formula didnt look like this in hibbie land: hibs > mids > albs or maybe hibs > albs > mids while mids cherish the formula mids > hibs > albs or maybe mids > albs > hibs. It works under the same priciple as the statement only other realms zerg in rvr. Which they do as long as you only play one realm and only see one side of the coin. Personally I think the world is flat :)

Z

Zill

I've never understood morning relic raids. There's no challenge and zero achievement at the end of it. So you get to wind-up your enemies but you lose all respect at the same time. It only breaks the code of ethics which means the other realms will do the same back to you. So what's the point?

Long ago, Midgard prided itself on conducting relic raids during prime time and had many successes too, thanks to people like Killgorde who planned them meticulously well beforehand. Everyone worked as a team and they were all great fun - even when we failed.

So my message to all players is don't partake in any morning raids, and discourage people from doing it. Capturing a relic during prime time hours and bringing it back safely, while watching the disillusioned enemy arrive too late to do anything, is a great feeling and personal achievement. :)

H

hiban

Originally posted by sirexairman
ill leave all you mids with this, "A Bad Workman blames his tools".

Says one from the realm of albion?

M

Maoni

Originally posted by Kindar
First of all not every daoc player is on BW, if you don't know that...then you are the one to grow a brain??

You albs might play for the fun of it, but put yourself in the mid perspective in emain or other places where albs can zerg the hell outta players...and think: Is this funny??
why does ppl try to justify alarmclock raids by mentioning albion poulation an zergs etc?
its different subjects for crying out loud!
we got more peaople yes....BUT, that does not justify crappy alarmclock raids...but sure.....lets fo with all these "rules" we got more ppl...we can alarmclock raid more often, more effective and so on....
Or
we can try to respect the "rules" so it will be GOOD FOR EVERYONE!

try to understand this....it doesnt matter who started it!!!
the fact is the alarmclock raids had been stopped.....till u mids couldnt live without the relics...period!

S

skile

It seems mid-egoism is paying off when the other realms let them.
But fear not, there are more important things than a simple game, moral and honour.

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by Tivook
Logging in 400 ppl at 8:00 pm outside the relic keep = just as bad as a ninja raid so plz stfu you fouking morons, im startin to get tired reading this sh1t on bw each time someone takes some relics.

Tiv

imo u have to stfu.....i hardly believe you can have an opinion about this game..and hardly i believe you have pass the age of 15.....
com'on letz talk to irc everytime u are fixing my mood with your stupidity....

another one on a bunch of fotm wankers

N

nalistah

Originally posted by skile
But fear not, there are more important things than a simple game, moral and honour.

you sound so fucking pathetic that im gonna start cry irl.

"But fear not, there are more important things than a simple game, moral and honour." SAYS AN ALB, who only can fight their enemy with ATLEAST twice the numbers.
An alb cant say anything about HONOUR on this server. Zerging fuckwits 95%
sad little boi

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by skile

yes and as only a small minority of mids went on the raid we retained it imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom