Midgard RvR

S

shilak

I cant believe Im the only one in Midgard thinking this, but isnt it time we made some more organised raids into enemy lands?

Currently, it only seems to be limited to Emain, the odd keep raid for DF, or guild outtings to hunt/taunt the enemy.

What I am suggesting is that the larger guilds, and groupings of 2-3 smaller guilds start running regular keep taking teams. Idea being that each grouping will consist of 4-5fg of lvl 46+ and will practice taking and holding enemy keeps. Then hopefully with enough people doing this we will gain enough keeps in enemy lands to perform impromptu relic raids.

I understand that there are only a few guilds capable of fielding 4-5fg of lvl 46+ by themselves on a regular basis, therefore the suggestion that guilds team up with each other in order to achieve the required numbers.

This is just a suggestion and obviously a lot more planning and in-game discussion would be needed to make anything come of it, but my main reason for airing this on here is that it doesnt exclude the other alliances from discussions.

At the moment, Midgard is very defensive and I think it is about time we went on the offensive again.

S

stunned

/rant on
I think its even worse when 3 FGs alb or hibs can run around in Odin's killing every mid in the area due to mids doing 1 FG runs.

It really pisses me off and I usually log and play an alt.

Yesterday in Hadrians was the worst rvr I have seen on any server since I ordered DaOC on day 1 US version.

Its like some ppl have albion accounts and run their mid chars into them for rps.

Alb and to some degree Hibs are farming us atm, its embarrasing and not many seem to care.

Its really easy. In frontiers WORK WITH OTHER MIDS. Have some patience, mids dont need to have a LETS RUSH stamp in the forehead.
/rant off

O

old.Odysseus

Strife is in Odins with 1FG constantly. On rare occasions we field 2FG.

We enjoy the battles with comparable numbers of mids in particular, please dont spoil this by starting a 3-4-5FG trend.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Had some great times in Odins last few days I have to say, Midgardians actually managing a zerg for the first time, 4-5 FGs patroling together....but it didnt last long.

Rather than stick together, ppl wondered off aimlessly once again, groups left the main hoard without a word, only to be begging for a res 5 minutes down the road because they met 3-4FG of enemies coming the other way.

Im with stunned on this, lets keep up the numbers in Odins and work as a team.

S

stunned

Old Odysses I very much agree with You that 1 Fg battles are great fun. But when there are no such enemie groups to be found, I´d rather adapt and get some rps, then /release and be pissed off on Midgard teamwork.

O

old.Odysseus

If a trend of 3-5fg zerging starts in Odins also, I see only 2 possible outcomes:

a) Everyone else leaves Odins, no RP for anyone
b) Everyone else starts bringing 3+FG, zerging begins, sucky RP just as Emain.

Dont think for a second that Strife will keep doing 1FG raids if we keep encountering 3+FG.

As it is now, we are already seeking other places, as a lot of ppl have started doing 3FG action in Odins.
Just yesterday we got wiped by 3FG mids 2 times and 4FG hibs 1 time.

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by old.Odysseus

As it is now, we are already seeking other places, as a lot of ppl have started doing 3FG action in Odins.
Just yesterday we got wiped by 3FG mids 2 times and 4FG hibs 1 time.

I hope Odin's don't turn into Emain...

...simple fact, some days Mid kick ass, some days they don't. Same for Hibs and Albs.

O

optical-

Forget about odins... mid rvr in emain needs sorting out, at times like 1pm onwards we sometimes only have 4-8 mids in emain and its impossible to put together good groups.

X

Xcom

Group? Emain?

You mean those other mids are with me?

Nah you must be joking mmmkay? :rolleyes:

S

shilak

The post wasnt about RP whoring in Emain, if was about actually trying to conduct a 'war' as we are meant to be.

O

old.anubis

organised raids into enemy lands?

The post wasnt about RP whoring in Emain

then where else?
the realm which cannot win emain rvr cannot win any rvr at all

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by optical-
Forget about odins... mid rvr in emain needs sorting out, at times like 1pm onwards we sometimes only have 4-8 mids in emain and its impossible to put together good groups.

...Forget about odins = no relics. We need ppl in Mid frontier to warn of RR...that is if you care for them. Odin's is now a good place to RvR and we benefit from it in many ways.

Besides RvR in Odins or Alb land IMHO is way more fun than the constant zerging in Emain. I haven't been to Emain for at least 5-6 weeks and I don't miss it one bit.

...I say f¤ck Emain, lots of other places to have fun :great:

O

old.Leel

Heh, I only go to emain if I want some rp with my healer because I know I'll get a group, but the fun is elsewhere, hence I don't rvr much in emain. I'm always on the outlook for keep defenses in mid land though, that's the most fun imo:)

S

stunned

What difference would it make if You stopped comign with 1 FG. When the the rest of the no skill alb zerg is there ?

Counting 50+ albs at hmg tonight, again ...

S

shilak

Originally posted by old.anubis

then where else?

Pretty simple really, going from teleport keep to mmg to amg to mmg to amg ad infinitum is NOT an organised raid into enemy lands, it is purely done to gain RPs. Likewise, taking DC once ppl stop feeding you RPs at mgs is hardly an organised raid because that wasnt the reason you are there in the first place.

Taking X middies into enemy lands, breaking through mmg and heading directly for a target keep IS an organised raid into enemy lands.

As for defence of our frontier, I think that is pretty much sorted, a keep comes under threat and generally enough middies come out to remove the enemies from our soil.

T

Trinilim

Cause 90% of the population of all 3 realms in DAOC are RP whores.

and would rather sit on their ass at a milegate waiting for enemies to kill them or to be killed by them once every half hour or so than knock on a keep door.

sadly.

W

Whoodoo_RD

then where else?
WTF you on about, its tw@ attitudes like this that make mid rvr bad. Emain is for RP whores, it takes no sense or thinking to go there, no tactics just pure zerge mentality. Any n00b who buys and account with a level 50 can go there day one having never played the game before and gain RPs. Get real.

I have also noticed that the normal emain zerging guilds have taken to patrolling Odins like mad, I beleive your guild incuded. What was once a sensible place to have battles is turning boring due to the insessive camaping of the TKs by 2-3 fgs.

Many thanx to the infils and mincers and nigtshades making Odins a place for tactics too lately, despite my numerous deaths, its been fun actually being careful to watch your own backs and se ppl thinking about their next moves. No zerg, pure thought.

O

old.Odysseus

Last 2 night have been 4-5-6FG midzerg in Odins.
Why are you doing this?
You are ruining the only playground there is left for small-scale RvR where brains and skills are actually required.

A

Agreac

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Last 2 night have been 4-5-6FG midzerg in Odins.
Why are you doing this?
You are ruining the only playground there is left for small-scale RvR where brains and skills are actually required.

Ummm, if we get reports of 4-5fg's of albs or hibs, should we bring just 1-2fg's ourselves just because Strife doesn't want to fight against zergs? It's easy, if albs or hibs don't zerg in odins, neither do mids.

O

old.anubis

what ody said
odin's is the same as emain, there is NO difference between them.
and 40+ RP whores in odin's are not better than if they were in emain. the thing is in emain you will find more albs than you can bring mids whereas in odin's you can zerg safely.

A

Agreac

what ody said
odin's is the same as emain, there is NO difference between them.
and 40+ RP whores in odin's are not better than if they were in emain. the thing is in emain you will find more albs than you can bring mids whereas in odin's you can zerg safely.

:ROFLMAO:

S

skyrie

Come fight the Ithil Galad guild FG in Odins (or well FG when theres nuff people for it).

We bring an FG, you bring an FG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom