Midgard RvR TL Report

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
Hmm? We've gone out to RvR with rr2 grp as well so we counted as new players I think (half of the grp hadnt got sc due to ToA) so I dunno what problems are you referring tbh.

You have Thunderer in your sig?

Read the post before replying please. The alt of an established player is not a new player.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
You have Thunderer in your sig?

Read the post before replying please. The alt of an established player is not a new player.
Actually if the guild of the new player cares with him/her and he/she gets a little education (with the experience of BGs) about RvR, it takes maybe 3 RvR nights to learn everything about it.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
There have been fights where we've been gubbed due to not being organised. In pickup groups they're really quite often.

In HG guild groups (when we actually have two clerics for example ;)) there are cases where we've been out-fotmed - e.g. lack of determination has killed us or whatever.

But I've been in a few fights where I've gone "hrm we got out-RRed" - MoC combined with Purge has won the fight or whatever...

getting 2fg to beat a fotm group is all well and good - but if ye lose they get double the RP you do...

Balancing RAs so they're less "vertical" - i.e. higher RR just means you get more situational tricks to use or small improvements in things like parry/block will help the "fotm versus not" - lengthening fights, moving them to keeps and whatnot will help make it "fun" despite the fotmness (e.g. gank group X can take a tower easier but there's more situations to deal with hopefully so a mix of classes or hybrids will be better overall)

Killing Det would be nice ;)
(last night I hit stun, smite - I was buffbot buffed so my cast time was pretty fast - 1.5s? the stun landed on a tank, he slammed me before the smite hit... ouch :p)

Give end of ToA so we can fight some more in HW :wub:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Divinia said:
Give end of ToA so we can fight some more in HW :wub:

gifv zerg out of ToA so I can do some trials without having to sodding queue for hours on end...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
I think Mythic succeeded quite well in making a fg vs fg game, they're pretty close to "balancing" the entire thing, shame they're going to put in the radar thingy in frontiers :/

I think focus shell is pretty much a fg vs fg kinda thing, how often do you see "the entire midgardian army" or whatever assisting on one target? I havn't ever seen that ;)

And not giving a damn about class balance is stupid, because why put in the class in the first place then. If they're going to keep a class deliberately underpowered then they can at least fix their info before players invest alot of time in making one.

By all accounts the radar won't report on fgVfg fights it will only start showing battles when it gets a bit bigger than that.
And I think the focus shell was a deliberate attempt to remove the assist train way of fighting (although I personally think putting a 5 second delay on assist picking the target (and then only allowing 1 assist per target) would work better than that ;) ) Although that would mean people actually having to use some skill when playing tanks ;)

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
The only way to balance this game... is to balance everyones real-lifes.

and that you see... is impossible.

Balance can only be found in games where time invested does not give any game specific advantage and where only 1 "class" is present.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Sheph said:
Balance can only be found in games where time invested does not give any game specific advantage and where only 1 "class" is present.

Let´s make it so that ppl can only play max 4hours a day? :eek7:

*server has closed your connection*

*It´s your bedtime, close the computer and go to sleep*

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Let´s make it so that ppl can only play max 4hours a day? :eek7:

*server has closed your connection*

*It´s your bedtime, close the computer and go to sleep*

loool :clap: :clap: :clap:

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Let´s make it so that ppl can only play max 4hours a day?

omg .. i want that patch ...

if you could add

/slap you know it aint good for you ......
/slap .. go to bed i said .......
/SLAP PISS OFF !! YOU WANKER !! OPEN THE WINDOW !!

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
-------------------------------------
| Bed time in 10 minues, go to a safe |
| place and get ready to log out. |

| Bed time in 5 minues, go to a safe |
| place and get ready to log out. |

--------------------------------------
| The server is closing your connection|