Midgard Resists

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Since there seems to have been a bit of discussion in various template threads over which resists are most important, I thought I'd start a thread so we can discuss it. From info taken from catacmobs char builder, we have the following spells cast on us:

Spirit: Cleric Smite, Air Theurg Mezz/DD, and Necro LT/DD

Body: Minstrel DD/Mezz, Cabalist/Sorc LT/DD, Champion DD, all Bainshee spells, most Animist pets.

Matter: Cabalist/Sorc/Wizard DoT, Wizard GTAE, Animist PBAE pet.

Energy: Sorc Mezz, Enchanter/Eldrich PBAE/AoE, Animist LT.

Cold: Theurd/Wizard DD/root, Eldrich spec DD and Bolts.

Heat: Wizard Bolts/DD, Heretic spells, Hib baseline DD/Stun.

A few of these can be disregarded in my opinion, since we're not likely to see them in RvR much or are irregular due to timers etc: Cleric smite, Necro LT/DD, Minstrel spells, Champ DDs, Valewalker LT (and animist maybe? I'm not sure how animists spec to be honest). You can also argue Eldrich bolts and heretic damage isn't seen all that much either.

So, judging by this, essential resists would be Body, Cold and Heat, as they are the types that we're most likely to be subjected to.

In Spirit, we have mainly air specced Theurg to worry about, but not much else.

In Matter, we have various dots, which as they're slow damage, we tend not to worry about too much. Do animists spec for the PBAE mushrooms, or just the regular mushroom? Either way, they tend to appear only in sieges and the like.

In Energy, we have hib pbae and sorc mezz.

So, discuss, which of these is most important? Are any of them important? And what about melee resists?

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
I always for 3 resists mainly as a prior

Meaning the heat cold body.

After that i think Spirit is next then energy and last Matter

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
do a real template and get all resist(except for matter in mid) to 24%+ else I would remake it. A few classes have a really hard time to cap all stats they need. Like Thane(shield not 2h specc), valkyries(spear specc), reavers(not mid) but point is those classes that need to cap 5 diffrent stats(not talking cap incraese here) is those that is hard to make templates for.

So far it is only 1 template I ever done together with my brother that was insane the rest is okey. If someone want to see a nuts reaver template for camlann(you need to have to much time on your hands when you do this template) let me know ;)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
do a real template and get all resist(except for matter in mid) to 24%+ else I would remake it. A few classes have a really hard time to cap all stats they need. Like Thane(shield not 2h specc), valkyries(spear specc), reavers(not mid) but point is those classes that need to cap 5 diffrent stats(not talking cap incraese here) is those that is hard to make templates for.

So far it is only 1 template I ever done together with my brother that was insane the rest is okey. If someone want to see a nuts reaver template for camlann(you need to have to much time on your hands when you do this template) let me know ;)

I dont hunt for perfect templates, i have made all my own templates and they are good, not great.
Idc if i have say 20% or 25% its only a small difference anyway.
If im a melee char, ill cap all my melee resist first since they are prior.
As a caster normally u try to stay away from close range combat so u should aim for maxing the other resists. mostly when a caster gets suprised by a melee char hes dearth anyway. unless they got nasty tricks like insta mezz quickspell mezz ect. U know what i mean :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I suppose this depends on whether you run in groups or solo a lot; the above is more angled towards group play, whereas for soloing you can expect to meet people with legendary weapons that do elemental damage. Also note that VE Vampiir claws are matter damage. :)

X

xGenocidex

Phoebee-v- said:

why bother capping shield on a thane for set rvr grps :x if your in a set grp as a bg bot on a thane you really don't need +shield and matter is still nice to have for those without stocism (druid roots)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom