Midgard only TOA UI

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've compiled a custom UI for TOA taking bits and bobs from other UIs, mods from different sites and some of my own. It has these maps:

(click for screenie)
Midgard classic zones
Midgard housing
Midgard Shrouded Isles
Midgard, HIbernia, Albion Frontiers
Trials of Atlantis
Picture of full UI

It also has several other tweaks that you'll recognise from the DAOC mods sites incorporated within it. I don't take credit for this, I simply bodged it together if you want to download it you can here (31Mb zipped), any updates in the future will be posted on the main site www.halfmad.com

Feel free to download and modify it more yourselves, if you make any really nice changes though let me know so I can have a look :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
OMG You have Red Bolt/DD - UNCLEAN!!!!!!

Nice looking UI though, Oh and did I mention... UNCLEAN!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
lol don't worry I usually die before my piddly RR2 arse can fire them :p I'm usually reduced to farting (disease) and hoping I can sprint away!

Graenit

Fledgling Freddie
Good work! :clap:
I just installed it, and I like it already.
Really nice to have maps ingame.
:cheers:

Kainz

Fledgling Freddie
For utterly useless sodding newbiies who hate the Midgard terrain like me, its too useful. Been using it since I returned to daoc and although I still can't work out Huggyfell from Huginfel, I get lost less :m00:

Graenit

Fledgling Freddie
One thing was disturbing me though, i didn't understand how to show the enemys healthbar.
Couldnt find it.
Enlighten me!

[AB]Shirtan

Fledgling Freddie
I miss my journal :-( though i ront really have any use for master, it fits nicely on qb with /master
Also the location to click on the maps are a bit strange, dont know if that can be helped though...

Other than that, nice ui.

/Shirtan

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
Graenit said:
One thing was disturbing me though, i didn't understand how to show the enemys healthbar.
Couldnt find it.
Enlighten me!
It looks like it's using the /clock window to display targets-health, so try /clock :)

Funkybunny

Banned
i like it.. i like it alot.. theres a few things i woulda wished for though.. and i dont even know if its possible...

1.. a /loc window that showed your current loc and updated as soon as you moved
2. beeing able to see grpm8s end

3. that you insert a button called "kill all albs" witch sets of a big nuke that hits everyone in albernia for 3000+dmg... :)

Lifetime

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
i like it.. i like it alot.. theres a few things i woulda wished for though.. and i dont even know if its possible...

1.. a /loc window that showed your current loc and updated as soon as you moved
2. beeing able to see grpm8s end

1. not possible and will probably never be implemented by Mythic

2. this feature isnt enabled until patch 1.69

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Lythande said:
It looks like it's using the /clock window to display targets-health, so try /clock :)
yeah oddly it uses the clock as the health bar of enemies a big oversight on my part not actually having buttons to activate this or including details in the readme :p

Shirtan : This is still very early days so adding back in the journal etc is easily done :)

If you find any mods you'd like on it and can't be arsed to add them yourself give me a shout, I intend to redo the maps onto fewer windows although I doubt I can stop it getting a little crowded.

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one mate :) need a few things

1:% of grp members power/hp in grp screen

2:the master lvl screen need some buttons to toggle btw ml1-10

3:Nude pics :m00:

:cheers:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
dont worry mate I'll get around to it :)

Redoing the sodding map selection screens at the moment, no idea why I just didn't like having more than 1 different way of selecting them :(

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
dont worry mate I'll get around to it :)

Redoing the sodding map selection screens at the moment, no idea why I just didn't like having more than 1 different way of selecting them :(

you dont have time for that now,i need a shammy to help me with a quest ^^

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've updated the Midmaps UI slightly with (I hope) easier to use map menus. You can download the upgrade(61Kb) or full install (31Mb). Either way just overwrite the existing files retaining directory structure, see the readme in the zip file for any other info. The UI will be updated regularly and details on the update posted on the website www.halfmad.com Please report any errors/problems or ideas to me on here via PM or on the website.
Screenshot of the new menus is here

Shirtan - you'll notice the journal button is back in place of the master button - thanks for the idea! :worthy:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Nice skin, I find the maps a bit superflous myself but I can see how others would find them handy.
I'm using a minimilist skin with lots of changes I made myself, but one thing I would like I can't figure out how to do:

How can I get a small-ish rectangle/circle that is green when I have 100% HP and red when I have 0-99%? Dont ask why, but I kinda want one :x

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Nice! Love the maps! one thing tho, i kinda would like to have the attack, stick and face left on the command bar... i know i can make macros but as a shammy i dont have room on my quickbars =)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
no worries right now I'm trying to figure out a way of getting the command bar back to it's original setup by moving the maps elsewhere like onto the chat window.. or something. Not really decided how to do it :p

Herjulf

Banned
I like it, i wont use it though not because it is unfunctional or anything, but many skins lack these functions:

1. marked points for window resize, for example to make chat window larger.

2. Mini group window that is fast to work with for healers/shamans, may i suggest a "healers helper" rippoff. the changing icons for damage severity and percentage of total Hp´s and colour changes dependant on taking damage, disease etc. very nice imo.

3. The status window with hp bars, i like the vantage skin, it is a bit "fat" but some info u can see there is very usefull.

Other then that i like it the maps, and slick look.

Most important in my opinion is marked windows resize handles, and "healers helper" like UI for mini grp window.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
hehe I was looking at the healers helper last night as I'm sick of tweaking the mini group window (originally it was very hard even to select people to heal). Good points mate and most are easily fixed :)

Thanks for the feedback Herjulf!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Just wondering what people think of the changes I've made this morning.
I've modified the summary window a little to tidy it up and eplaced the mini group window with version of healers helper which I modded a bit to fit in and added a couple of buttons. This isnt available for download yet as I'd like to do a bit of testing on it first:

midmaps131update.jpg

Herjulf

Banned
interesting touch with toggling of mini "healers helper" like mini grp window, and friends. nice indeed time and space saving.

but where is the "target" name, and hp area?
A separate window?

Looks nice imo.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
the target name and hit points show up only when you have something targetted. it's a replacement for the /clock window. You can see it in this screenshot where I have a Sidhe Gaoite targetted, it can be moved around using shift + left click.

it's something that's caught a few people out, I really need to do a FAQ hehe I'm no where near finished with this UI so if anyone has ideas let me know :D

Herjulf

Banned
ah, ic it now.

Even better, very good.

I will do my best to give pointers.
The skin look like it will be a hit imo.

just a thought here, but what "if" make it up to the user how "minimalistic" they want the skin, by adding toggled windows upwards for mlexp etc.
So simply time, name hp/pow.
and if they want a upper or lower part of the window pop out with mlexp etc.
i dont know if it is even possible.

And ofc discrete:ish handles at the edges of the chat/system window, for rezizing of the entire window.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
New summary window (needs some serious testing). This is taken from Moewen's mod, I just made it fit, reorganised it a little and made it for XP rather than indicating master level xp and levels. Colours of the mod have also been altered a bit to midgard blue:

newsummary.jpg

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
New version seems to work fine (crosses fingers/toes/testicles). It's available here along with some blurb:

clicky clicky

If you find any bugs, problems or have any ideas please feel free to contact me.

Kainz

Fledgling Freddie
Arr! Been using the ui for the past few hours without a prob. The new look summary windows are easily adapted to. Everything is nice and clean. No idea about the group window yet, as I've yet to get a full sodding group in this game!

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
really like it, apart from one thing.. is there any way you can get more detail into the XP section? just using it on my SB and i know he has .82 of a bub in his level.. but thingy says he just 47.0

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
When I choose the "tab" so that I see my own character the UI is my old one... and dont think I missed any from the zip files.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Jimmae said:
really like it, apart from one thing.. is there any way you can get more detail into the XP section? just using it on my SB and i know he has .82 of a bub in his level.. but thingy says he just 47.0
unfortunately not although it's sort of on the indicator in the middle - the blue at the left is "bubs" and the red on the right is the part of a bub. When the red reaches the top you'll get a bub on the left side blue bar. Being 47 it could take you a while to do that though :) You should see the red at the right is about 8/10ths of the way up - indicating 8/10ths of a bub.

Blazor Meneth said:
When I choose the "tab" so that I see my own character the UI is my old one... and dont think I missed any from the zip files.
Only thing I can think of is that when you unzipped it didn't keep the file structure or you already had a custom UI in your folder. There isnt really any other reason for it not to show properly. Is the rest of the UI blue? if you can check that there's a folder called "oldstyle" in the \toa\ui\custom folder as some of the blue UI graphics are in there.

If you don't find the oldstyle folder create it and move ALL .BMP files into it with the exception of compass.bmp which should remain in the toa\ui\custom folder. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom