Midgard casters and ToA

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all,

I am in a kind of "dillemma" at the moment, what char should I farm the strong artifacts for? what char should I start the (for me..) sucky PvE and do MLs with? got skald, runemaster, shaman, shadowblade..

Will the runemasters and spiritmasters be the new socalled "fotm" chars when ppl are getting used to ToA and all it's gear etc. ? or will the savage train never die?

Discuss :)

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
skald or shaman imo.. Atleast they prolly wont ever be left out of groups. Bit risky to play a caster too, might end up yelling lfg at mtk for hours. It's still pretty much Dark Age of Tankalot afterall

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
skald or shaman imo.. Atleast they prolly wont ever be left out of groups. Bit risky to play a caster too, might end up yelling lfg at mtk for hours. It's still pretty much Dark Age of Tankalot afterall

Doubt it.
Yesterday ran classic hib setup 2 tanks/2 pbaoes/warden etc was pretty much pug gathered at DL - was much more efficient than fotm tank group ^^ mixed group is teh future as far as i can see, and runie wouldnt be left out

Beccy

Fledgling Freddie
Must say I have seen some pretty good, mid grps going 2xhealers/2xsm/2warrior/1xskald and 1 shammy (cave prob with end 3 or so). Just like some hibs try the tank grps and love it :) must be booring just doing assist train all the time. Esp with mid healers and the area stuns :cheers: ouch do they hurt bad. And I have seen celt rr7-8 BM having trouble bringing down norse warriors with rr4-5. Cant say the same vs Savage/Hero he he.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
2 healers, 1 skals, 1 shaman, 2 savage and 2 rms with 10% speed and 10%, should kick ass dmg :D

i got this setup from a shaman from US merlin (maybe the most active RvR server of all)

but for Nzi would i choice that class i like to play most (no matter what class it r) as it r that it all depend on.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Mid caster groups can work sure, and can be very good also. The thing is that noone wants to make them = big chance of ending up yelling lfg at mtk = eventhough it may be the char you really love u soon start to hate it.

Makarilli

Fledgling Freddie
Play the char you like to play, only choice that makes sence imo.
I`ve always liked to play the Runie even it has been difficult ( nearly impossible :eek6: ) to get a grp for rvr.
It has been a bit easier in ToA and I guess when ppl realise the caster possibilities it will be even better.
Yep you die easily, yep its a nuisance for your grp you are vulnerable wearing cloth and have almost no self-defences and need some protection but a grp that understands it can have great value of offencive casters ( and there new ML abilities )

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for your input all.

Im just a bit confused about this tho. Before ToA came to us EU players all ppl started to PL their new runemasters in Malmohus, and called them "the new fotms" so I started to wonder, will they actually be the new fotm chars? i mean, when ppl are getting to a decent ML and got some nasty ToA stuff with %'s on?

So far it seems that the feared savage assist trains with 3 healers in group still is the #1 midgard setup? You guys think this will change to a sm, rm, healer, skald, shaman setup sometime?

Still thinking about how sucky it would be to pick up some MLs with my fend runie and some nice artifacts, if I am gonna stand at MTK all day yelling "pbt runie lfg" and see savages being picked up as usual :)

Do not take this as a whine, and please do not turn it into a "savage are so overpowered"-discussion. I am still just wondering :)

/nzi

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Trylle^nzi said:
Thanks for your input all.

Im just a bit confused about this tho. Before ToA came to us EU players all ppl started to PL their new runemasters in Malmohus, and called them "the new fotms" so I started to wonder, will they actually be the new fotm chars? i mean, when ppl are getting to a decent ML and got some nasty ToA stuff with %'s on?

So far it seems that the feared savage assist trains with 3 healers in group still is the #1 midgard setup? You guys think this will change to a sm, rm, healer, skald, shaman setup sometime?

Still thinking about how sucky it would be to pick up some MLs with my fend runie and some nice artifacts, if I am gonna stand at MTK all day yelling "pbt runie lfg" and see savages being picked up as usual :)

Do not take this as a whine, and please do not turn it into a "savage are so overpowered"-discussion. I am still just wondering :)

/nzi

2 good Rms with TOA items can take any target out faster then a savage train with 3 savages + with 2 bodyguards in grp will they be immortal to melee to the bodyguard is dead, but a 50 shield warrior with capped dex and some MoB is pretty hard to take down in melee

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
2 good Rms with TOA items can take any target out faster then a savage train with 3 savages + with 2 bodyguards in grp will they be immortal to melee to the bodyguard is dead, but a 50 shield warrior with capped dex and some MoB is pretty hard to take down in melee

No det?
Interrupts?

Yep yep..

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
No det?
Interrupts?

Yep yep..

As far as I know hib casters ain't got DET and can be interrupted too? :) and hib pbae groups are so f. strong imo :X

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Trylle^nzi said:
As far as I know hib casters ain't got DET and can be interrupted too? :) and hib pbae groups are so f. strong imo :X

Well hibs have a couple of advantages, to mention some:
- Group Purge, Twf, Am, Baod <--- only gp and baod are uber but am and twf are certainly very nice.
- hibs have the most balanced setup as caster group
- hibs have debuff nukes on pbae class
- hibs got pow relics on our server
- hmm thats all that comes into my mind right now

Anyways, my point was that i think that rm's wont still be able to do the same kind of dmg as savages. Mid caster group tho can be very nice but it does imo need bit more cooperation and teamwork, thats why random caster groups aren't usually so succesfull.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
Well hibs have a couple of advantages, to mention some:
- Group Purge, Twf, Am, Baod <--- only gp and baod are uber but am and twf are certainly very nice.
- hibs have the most balanced setup as caster group
- hibs have debuff nukes on pbae class
- hibs got pow relics on our server
- hmm thats all that comes into my mind right now

Anyways, my point was that i think that rm's wont still be able to do the same kind of dmg as savages. Mid caster group tho can be very nice but it does imo need bit more cooperation and teamwork, thats why random caster groups aren't usually so succesfull.

well my point was a guild grp with the 2rm setup > random pick up savage grp :D but it r the same way with all caster grp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom