Midgard as a RVR realm

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok i see we`ve had the relics spirited away and our keeps raped and pillaged into a nasty Chav pile of Burberry red and green.My question for discussion is this.Can the MIdgard realm respond? Could we do the same to our enemies?Lately it seems we`re struggling on the old defence,retake front(unless to small numbers).FOM alliance is basicaly dead with apathy to defence calls mainly due to having a port in Crim and people being bored of the Forum police jumping on anything that contravenes rule 17.b subsection 10 etc.I dunno what RS alliance does as regards rvr and the leet guilds out there obviously dont even clas themselves as Mids unles theres 100k an hour rps involved for them(they know who they r no need to name).Anyway seems to me that Mid has become easy pickings for any chav grpw anting a tower title or rvr mission .Since the dissapearance of Ardamel no FOM officer has had the guts to takeover and lead from the front .Anyway discuss away and lets not blame warlocks:p

ps: posted this on mid forum to try and save it from a deluge of Chav rants about op classes and high utilty blah blah balh bollox b4 Flim decides to move it:)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Relics getting reset soon is mainly the reason, but the real realm spirit is long gone anyway..

:m00:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Minimac said:
Relics get reset soon anyways :)?
So when relics get reset will a new Mid leader appear who will take every keep in Albion and relics? like ardamel did on the Berkstead day of Doom?:p

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Only person(s) u can guarentee that turns up to keep/tower def (that i've seen over last few days anyway) is Ravenloc and Guten.

Whenever i turn up, these 2 buggers always beat me there :worthy:

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen has the opposite problem it Think from Excal.. They got too many leaders :) So mgiht make up the odds

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
RvR realm not since the launch of WoW.

People have become lazy with regards to defence of mid frontier, partly because of the easy rp port party in New Emain. And partly because they all think that it'll be easier when cluster comes.

I don't think that the clustering will change one single bit, the defence force might get 1-10 peeps more which won't help. Those not helping now won't help when we are clustered. Lets face it, they have this notion that when clustering happens everything will be fine and dandy and a new sun will shine.
Except those that are defending right now are (Or I am) getting fed up with that attitude, and might not defend come clustering day, and then we are back to zero.

Big :clap: to those that actually do an effort to defend the midgard frontier and take pride in midgard, as a realm and not as a mod for Counter Strike.

But hell I aint paying their subs they can play as they like, I just hope they don't come whining, when they figure out that their toys have been severly hampered later.

Can only say that what albion has done lately though, might bite them as they aren't really getting any "friends" with their lame early bird strikes.

The above is my opion and does not reflect in any way the opion of the guild I am a member of.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
We`ve been discussing FOm alliance as a force today in GU and the question came up:Who is the FOM leader when Ardamels not here/playing? noone knew.Is there 1? and if not why not?

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Castus said:
We`ve been discussing FOm alliance as a force today in GU and the question came up:Who is the FOM leader when Ardamels not here/playing? noone knew.Is there 1? and if not why not?

FoM is dead , do /who fellowship on primetime and you wil see 3 people online and those are probably bb's.

ardamel is studying and taking he's irl life serious so he has no time ( but he wan't to play but can't ) , and 90% of fom has left for alb/pryd , hib/pryd and WoW.

FoM alliance is no more , better rename it to RIP Alliance.

/Berget

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
We aint got a leader, and using the " relics get reset " excuse is just pitifull tbh.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Relics getting reset soon is mainly the reason, but the real realm spirit is long gone anyway..

:m00:

Really, did it exist at some point? you sure that's not only a legend told to scare 1337 kids?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
Read the last 2 posts by Urme and Ardamel on the alliance forum.
He was going to strike down on the ppl ruining it for the majority, but disappeared before doing so. We had a REALLY nice alliance for close to 3 years and it was destroyed by a few guilds and Ardamel & Urme (+ a few dedicated alliance leaders from other guilds) disappearing.
I’m sure Ardamel regret expanding the alliance before going inactive.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Kalba said:
Really, did it exist at some point? you sure that's not only a legend told to scare 1337 kids?

Why so, did it scare you ? IMO it did exist, at least in OF people used to care more about what was going on in their own realm, thats just my opinion anyway, believe what you want.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't played for almost 8 months now.. but saying the alliance never existed is just plain stupid. It was a very active alliance when I quit the game at least. Our alliance had 80-90% of the keeps/towers claimed.. and we had nice defence when we weren't outzerged by the albs.

By the look of it on FoM forum and here.. the alliance got no leader atm and FoM as a guild hasn't been very active the last few months. Instead of just whining and complaining about the situation do something about it god damnit! .. some people are trying to sort these things out on our Alliance forum. Setting up a meeting and trying to point out a new guy that will be the new "leader". Huge credit to those.

Some people in this thread needs to just fook off and do their own thing instead of whining on people that actually try to do something in this alliance.

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
xorland said:
Midgard is overpowered we need no relics to win.

perfect example of someone who does NOT care and should not respond..

bye bye mr whino

Castus said:

i leave some rph msges, do that count?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Why so, did it scare you ? IMO it did exist, at least in OF people used to care more about what was going on in their own realm, thats just my opinion anyway, believe what you want.

yeah, care for your realm ;(((

That sounds like betatalk, but yeah it did exist unless you didnt notice the sarcasm, back when brave thane Kallio defended Odin's Gate with Ardamel. Until he noticed that there are a lot more fun things to do than randomly zerg at some keeps.

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
yeah, care for your realm ;(((

That sounds like betatalk, but yeah it did exist unless you didnt notice the sarcasm, back when brave thane Kallio defended Odin's Gate with Ardamel. Until he noticed that there are a lot more fun things to do than randomly zerg at some keeps.

U still do that however :drink:

And don't worry, one day Urme will be back (almost talked him into it) when he is fed up with that shit game WoW - CTF "pvp"(lol?). Just dont know how long :) ;)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Blazor Meneth said:
And don't worry, one day Urme will be back (almost talked him into it) when he is fed up with that shit game WoW - CTF "pvp"(lol?). Just dont know how long :) ;)

Nah I won't return.

Everz

FH is my second home
Takhasis said:
Only person(s) u can guarentee that turns up to keep/tower def (that i've seen over last few days anyway) is Ravenloc and Guten.

Whenever i turn up, these 2 buggers always beat me there :worthy:

Im no mid.. but /agree to that, whenever you try to take/defend a tower them to see to be first there :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with at the moment.

the majority of groups on midgard are almost certainly tank groups while the rest are made up of random peeps.

Now i will turn up to a keep defence if i feel like it but as it stands heresy have me for there aoe damage output and the rest of us are tanks or healer / support classes. Therefore there is 0 reason for us to go near a keep defence unless 7 of the guild want to rely on my dots doing damage to leech rps.

It just isnt worth us going out there we still working on our templates and when we are ready we probbly wont be dealing with sieges we will be out there keeping the numbers down.

The problem you will find is that porting to crim vs running to glenlock was far easier considering certain sorcs who shall remain namless was camping between the two.

I dont think people realise that being chain killed from way out of range just isnt fun. Also noone is rolling aoe casters they all going pbaoe 4the win.

Aoe casters when people are nicley clumped up = a lot of dead people pbaoe doesnt go through walls.

So maybe a few more runecarvers will get out into rvr.

o and btw im not taking the lead on any realm defence. People got to start learning how to lead ie not just screaming at people to do stuff ask and play the game to enjoy. thats all we do.

and as for albion taking all the relics in the morning the game would be boringi f the relics remained static. They may find that taking relics from both midgard and hibernia will cause them more problem when both realms gang up on them to retake We shall see.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Its just most people and some guilds cant be bothered with defence, and rather gather more rp's in emain regardless of the situation in Midgard.

We need a strong leader from each alliance to work together to brings mids out fighting side by side and to motivate everyone.

These days and for a while now its all defence defence defence, never no offense into other realms (apart from the usual crim rvr scene), every night its another tower situation where 13 or so mids defend against a small army which is always a lose lose situation, morale drops and more people /log /reroll or just go to where the easy rp is which is emain.

The FoM alliance needs to transfer to an active guild within the current alliance. Hopefully the cluster will bring strong leaders to Midgard so once again we can amass a formidable force to fend off and attack our foes.

D

Dargoth Pureheart

excuse me?

LOL.. :wanker:

I am sorry... but did I misread anything in this post...

Do people have to blame others for their own failings or what???

Ok, so for a long time FoM has taken the lead in leading Midgards Defence, so what if people get different intrests, and maybe have to take care of different aspects of real life... Might I enlighten you, that's a fact of REAL life... it goes on!

Now, apparently you all desperately need someone to lead the way, but instead of chosing the easy road, why not try it yourself?

I have the highest respect for those FoM people formerly leading our defences, and if they chose to, or have any other reason to, leave this game, then that is all in the game too. I seriously even cant belief this post, it's totally... :wanker: did I say that before.. oops...

Anyway, I went like :eek2: and definitely need a drink to recuperate from this sillyness.

Sure, so FoM isn't the big guild it was before, then get your own acts together, and don't blame others for leaving, cause that just sickens me. :puke:

Note, I am not a FoM member myself.

Cheers, Dargoth Pureheart, Legends of Midgard

ps, yes, maybe the leadership should go to another more active Guild, but untill anyone of you have proven yourself to be able to lead as well as some FoM members previously did, I only got to say... Wake up!

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
when cluster comes you will have a leader ( several actually ) but there is one that spring out from my mind that i've seen alot lately on other boards.

Bluesky the dorf ( ey ardamel was a dorf also and he did a job that has made him a legend in he's own time ) so either we w8 for cluster and him ( if he wan't to lead ) and unclaim all keeps to save bp's or u get you'r act's together and get a new one that is active in defence ( Guten anyone ? ).

Rvolver is a tank grp as heresy posted earlier that play for the fun of the game , whenever it ain't fun we log , that's it , fun or no fun , why play when it ain't fun ? and defence lost it's charm since NF came into picture.

/Berget

Malena

Banned
Ste in the RS alliance are doing a great work :worthy:

However I think the former LFOM alliance need too re consider
if the still want too be a big alliance or a small alliance with some RvR hardcore + so "rigid" rules that half the guildmasters in that alliance just
ignore them.

this leading too the LFOM alliance death.

LFOM was formed by Dalamor Guildmaster (Legends of Midgard) and Grim Guildmaster (Fellowship of Midgard) a long time ago.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
So when relics get reset will a new Mid leader appear who will take every keep in Albion and relics? like ardamel did on the Berkstead day of Doom?:p

Don't worry i'll be doing that. Already done around 4-5 relic raids so i know what im doing. :cheers:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I have already made plans to do some seriouse RVR stuff when clustre comes so don't worry. Althlough mid pryd has the same problem regarding low morale i.e no point doing a RR clustre is gonna reset relics so waste of time.

But hopefully that will change with clustre and we get our well needed kick up the arse.

Anyways i think pryd has a few decent leaders to lead us so don't worry it will get all sorted out. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom