Midgard Alliances????

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, since alliances change every now and then bit, as guilds move from one to another, and stuff like that, I suppose most are where they like it by now :)
And Ucallme, do remember the 20 guild limit :)
Long time back, there was fewer and larger guilds in Midgard, less players of course and that's why it was mostly just one big alliance.
I doubt it'd be possible these days and don't see much point in merging.

Most of the time we hear about the important stuff like keep attacks and suchlike. If we don't, it's often none online from the guild who owns the keep.
And words about RR's go around faster.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
Dont get any wet dreams with this Ucall...

I see both pros and cons with this, where the cons are in majority im afraid.
Pwned and NewEra is like oil and water...will never work etc osv.
hehe,i see things are still the same as they used to be. :D

anyway,although one big alliance is great for the realm it will never work.first of all you can't have more then 20 guilds in an alliance so that would exclude alot of guilds.and second people just don't get along,have different goals in the game etc.
the oldies here all remember the old nemesis alliance and how that ended up and i don't think anyone want something like that again because in the end it only leaves the realm more scattered with more people holding grudges etc.
just keep things the way they are will be alot easier.
well that just my idea off course but then again i haven't been in the game for almost a year so feel free to ignore me ;)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ucallme said:
Just thought...

4 Major Alliances

1 Pwned/New Era <Merged> (20 guilds total)
2 The Fedaykin Alliance/Nemesis <Merged> (23 guilds total)
3 Norrsken (10 guilds total)
4 Venom (for example) (25 guilds total) prolly most of them guilds not active)

Just an idea

Amphrax

4 Major Alliances

4 Darksword Side(for example) (25 guilds total) prolly most of them guilds not active)

i like this better :D

D0ttve

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Schenton said:
Bulle af Fetstryk have been in the most powerfull alliance in midgard/pryd. That alliance was powerfull enough to take all keeps and all relics and keep them för extended periods of time. But that was in the begining of DAoCs history and as an officer of BaF I can tell you that we will never be in an alliance like that again. There is severel reasons for that but the bigest one is /as. BaF will never again be in a alliance were /as goes like this.

[happycamper]: Hi all.
[leetdude1]: ffs stop spaming!!!!1
[rvrguru3]: rvr talk only herre and you know it.
[leetdude4]: stfu ffs tbh imo
and so on.

The alliance of Norrskens /as goes somthing like this (and we like it that way)
Roughly translated from swedish.

[happycamper]: Hi all.
[randomdude5]: morning, now get your but over here and help me whit this thing.
[rvrguru2]: Hibzerg amgO (10-15 of them).
[randomdude9]: Simpsons on canal 3 now. go go go.
[pvelover2]: annyone that need anny help with annything? geting bored here not doing annything.
[rvrguru11]: fg albs apkE moving amgE (about 35 of them or so)
[bigtroll1]: Anny boot with conc at mpkE???
[monkygroupmember4]: they are so dead, we are inc in 30 sec.
[nicegirlfromnorway2]: Klem Klem! {not swedish so cant translate that}
[randomdude8]: klem klem.
[sportsfreak13]: WEEEEE swe:1 can:0 !!!!
[randomdude2]: klem klem!
[hormonialyungboy]: KLEM KLEM!!!!11
[rvrguru11]: What happend??? were?
[randomdud21]: klem klem!
[randomdud4]: klem klem.
[monkygroupmember4]: %¤"@$ bolt range mezz/sos/bof bloddy zerglings £€¤&#%.
[bigtroll1]: just killed 4 albs at amgE but more inc.
[bigtroll1]: damn dead. but was fun. got 2 more :))
[randomdude1]: klem klem.
and so on.

In Norrsken we use /as as a chat making our alliance allmost like a big guild and we love it. A big alliance is good for the realm but BaF will never be part of it. We are in our dream alliance now and we will stay here.

Good luck with your mergeing and I hope you have fun. We sure as hell have fun in Norrsken :cheers:

Verry nice sad, and i feel exactly the same :) even if we in Nordland is abit crazy and a smal guild, that doesent realy matter cuz we allways have the alliance! :cheers:

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Agreed New Era is roleplayer alliance and pwned is RvR alliance so I dont understand the point here tbh :p.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
4 Major Alliances

4 Darksword Side(for example) (25 guilds total) prolly most of them guilds not active)

i like this better :D

the pwned/new era thing probably wont work since (as prudil said) NE is pretty much all casual players whereas pwned is hardcore ;)

Grayh

Fledgling Freddie
Someone can start a bg/cg were those who want to know the status of the realm can join and spread info etc in, as long as the server is up so should the cg/bg. Might actually work? :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, yesterday arvakr was under attack by 6 hibs, we chat in guildchannel gathering to vindsaul gates, when last ones start arrive, /as random hibs dead
send pm to random and wonder who kill hibs, BaF (if remember correct).

totally different guild in different alliance kill 6 peep who was attacking our precious keep :) i was really happy about this and impress! react time what BaF had
(well, i switch char, ask peeps gather, make coffee, visit toilet and wash car but still!)

just ask one thing, if someone send you pm and ask give /As info some keep is under attack? response something so person who send you message know you was on keyboard and dont start look another member ni guild + more and more spamming and time spend for nothing.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
This old chestnut.

Not involved now but there's a few historical things you have to remember.

When there was One Big Alliance a lot of little people got bullied or left out of realm level stuff or epic raids all the time and it became very difficult for smaller or lesser known guilds to become involved in stuff. If you tried to merge alliances you'd get the bigger or more politically astute guilds merged into a powerful alliance and a lot of people with mud kicked in their faces on the way leading to a lot of dissent.

I'm not making any accusations at anyone on this thread so don't take it as such but often in the past I've seen people driving for merged powerful guilds mostly as a means to install themselves as some notional ruler of Midgard and as a means to flatter their own ego.

It works best when you have like-minded players and guilds in alliances that suit them because they are happier with how their time is spent when they log on and everyone just gets together for the big stuff. It means you don't have people at each others throats so much and are more cooperative when it comes time to get on with the big things. No, its not perfect, it never was, but the level of cooperation is greater generally.

It does mean you have to work harder at comms but then when you do actually get in touch, you're less likely to be told to bugger off :D

Not waking up Roo again but I do still think about you guys a lot and wonder how you're getting on. Glad to see some of the old schools still prospering.

EDIT: Actually on hindsight, one of the things I'm proudest I ever did alliance-wise was let Blackbyrds into alliance when nobody else would touch them. Now they could pretty much go anywhere and do anything they wanted with impunity but it was myself and Nico that mulled it together and took the gamble and the potential flak from others.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I don't know crap about xml/html.. (well a bit of html) but can't someone write a page that'll list every alliance from midgard/prydwen and their guilds? daoc-stats has it but you'll have to switch pages for every other alliance to see their members. perhaps someone can program it so that it's all in on one page like on the left side the alliance name, below that the member numbers and total rp's / last weeks rp's, on the right of that the guilds in that alliance.

That way you can also see on their rp amounts if it's a major rvr alliance or a pve alliance.

quoting myself cos I still think it's a good idea, yet haven't had 1 reply on it :)

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
Oro, dime a dozen paladin
Elim, Kebabilist

Alb/Pryd

Formerly Roo Stercogburn, a dark Spirit Master

:eek6:
wow,you turned into a tincan on us.now that's a shock :D
heya Roo :)

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I don't know crap about xml/html.. (well a bit of html) but can't someone write a page that'll list every alliance from midgard/prydwen and their guilds? daoc-stats has it but you'll have to switch pages for every other alliance to see their members. perhaps someone can program it so that it's all in on one page like on the left side the alliance name, below that the member numbers and total rp's / last weeks rp's, on the right of that the guilds in that alliance.

That way you can also see on their rp amounts if it's a major rvr alliance or a pve alliance.
It's a good idea, Inga... Only need someone with xml/html knowledge and server space. ;)

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
Dont get any wet dreams with this Ucall...

I see both pros and cons with this, where the cons are in majority im afraid.
Pwned and NewEra is like oil and water...will never work etc osv.

I don't see how on earth Pwned and New Era in 1 alliance could go wrong!!! It is a union made in heaven

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll show u the diff between the alliances:

Pwned alliance rules:

Be nice
Be RvR oriented
No whine
A _little_ spam allowed
No arguing in /as
Announcements allowed (PvE etc osv)

Simple AND effective imo

New Era Alliance Charter (VERSION 2.0/29.09.2002)
1 Introduction

1.1 Introduction and goal

We are building a true alliance, in which we help each other and become something we are all proud to be part of. We aim for members to feel part of an alliance in a similar way that we feel part of our guilds. The alliance can be thought of as an extension to your guild.

2 Alliance Structure

2.1 Fundamental Principles

2.1.1 This is an alliance of guilds. All guilds have equal rights.
2.1.2 All guilds must adhere to the framework set out in subsequent sections.
2.1.3 Entry of any new guild to the alliance is by unanimous vote.

Within this aim and with these basic principles, the following are our more detailed policies.

2.2 The Alliance Council

The alliance will be lead by a democratic council. The Alliance Council consists of 2 representatives from each guild. Each guild has one vote in the Council. All guilds will abide by alliance meeting decisions reached by majority verdict. There are three exceptions to majority voting: first, changing the alliance charter needs unanimous approval; two, admitting a new guild requires unanimous approval; and, three, removing a member guild requires a two-thirds majority.

2.3 Council Meetings

The Alliance Council meets once a week to discuss various matters, or even just to socialize if there are no pending matters. It is the responsibility of the two representatives to assure their guild is represented in the weekly meeting. No decision that impacts the Alliance as a whole or in part shall be made outside of these meetings. All guilds will provide an email contact (or two) so that meeting times and places and any necessary material can be circulated in advance. Chat groups may be used for discussion or for emergency situations, however any cg decision must be submitted to the next alliance meeting for discussion and ratification.

2.4 The "New Era" guild

There is no single leader of the alliance. A guild has been created to lead the alliance in keeping with game mechanics. Each guild has at least one GM/officer (alternate character) in this guild with the rank of Guildmaster.

2.5 Acceptance of new guilds.

A unanimous ruling is required for new guilds to be accepted into the alliance.

When a guild wishes to join it must do the following: join the alliance online forum, read the alliance charter and state it agrees to abide by the charter, offer a short description of the guild’s nature and state why it wishes to join. After doing all these things and allowing a maximum of two weeks time for questions to be put to the applying guild, an alliance meeting will consider the invitation. A guild will only be invited to join if the vote of an alliance meeting is unanimous.

The number of member guilds in the alliance will be limited; thus assuring effective relationships within the alliance while maintaining enough numbers to be able of executing active RvR/Hunts and other events.

2.6 Dismissal of guilds.

Dismissal of any guild within the alliance may be put forward during one of the weekly council meetings. Arguments will have to be put forward both at the meeting and on the alliance forum. After each side has made their case, voting will occur. To dismiss a guild from the alliance a two-third majority is needed.

2.7 The Alliance Fund

A fund exists to aid us in essential realm war tasks (mainly the purchasing of siege rams and repair of keep doors). This fund exists by the grace of alliance hunts proceeds and generous individuals donating. In the interest of accessibility and in keeping with game mechanics the alliance fund is divided over two members of the New Era guild, who must be Guildmasters of member guilds. These fund characters are stationed at Svasud Faste, by the vault keeper. Requests for fund gold should go to your Guildmaster, who must approve your request and seek approval of other Guildmasters online at the time, after which a speedy withdrawal can be arranged.

2.8 Dissemination of alliance policies

Alliance policies are to be publicised by guilds to their members. It is recommended this charter is published by guilds on their own boards and sites.

3 Use of the alliance chat line

3.1 Aims

The alliance line has three aims: RvR reports, hunt announcements and coordination of RvR.

RvR information means reports on enemy movements, need for help and so on. These should be short and informative (e.g. not ‘loads of albs’ but ‘15-30 albions passing MMGO, green to yellow to lvl50’).

Hunt announcements should be just that, short announcements of hunts open to allliance members and no more (see more below under hunts). Hunt announcements can only use alliance channels if the hunt is open to all appropriate members of the alliance.

Coordination of RvR is use of as when the alliance goes to war, either for co-ordinated keep taking, hunting the enemy, relic raids, relic defences or whatever. If a major realmwar event is occurring, this should be given priority and if necessary the alliance line should be kept clear for it.

3.1 Access

Read access to the alliance line should be given to all full members. It may be advisable to disallow read access for the alliance line to recruits. This is essentially left up to individual guilds.

Post access should be kept to a minimum, with an upper limit of 20% of members or 6 members, whichever is higher. Generally this means only the Guildmasters and guild officers should be given post access. The thought here is that by disseminating information through the guild officers, the alliance line can be kept constructive and unobtrusive and will provide clear and concise information and reports.

3.2 Disputes and abuse

Under no circumstance should abuse of the alliance line be noted in a reply on /as. Instead, bring up the matter in the weekly council meeting.

As an alliance of guilds, all players who commit offences should be dealt with by their guilds, not by the alliance. Complaints should thus be made to the guild leader of the offending persons guild. If this fails, such an issues may be brought to an alliance meeting. Disputes are never to be fought over the alliance line."

3.3 What is allowed?

Allowed topics on the alliance line range from arranging exp groups to simple rvr reports to progress reports on major ongoing hunts or raids. When arranging hunts or raids, be sure to create a chat group and mention in your post to privately /send for a cg invite. In practise, aside from RvR reports, this simply means the alliance line will be used to form exp and rvr groups, with replies going to the cg holder.

The alliance line can be abused in the following ways:

- Using as for any purpose not noted in 3.1.
- Any abuse or flaming.
- Reporting individual movements, people do not need to report their own individual responses.
- Taking up non-immediate conversations. Any discussion that results from AS should immediately be taken to a cg. Such a cg can be advertised on the alliance line.
- Reporting dings or levels or any other game-mechanics information requests (such as quest information)
- Needless responses (such as ‘lol’ or ‘w00t’) and responses to individuals (these can be made direct to the individual).

Hunts may be announced on as but not discussed there. Hunt announcements must be clear in time, place, object and levels. Hunt announcements can be made only twice for each hunt. Reponses to hunt announcements should not be made on as but to a cg set up and advertised in the hunt announcement.
Examples of hunt announcements: 1. “/as Chrysania is starting an xp group in vendo caves for lvls 16-22, hunt will start in 15 minutes msg chrysania for cg.” 2. “/as Bloody is starting a WoW hunt, looking for 15 ppl lvls 40+ loot will be even lotto for all needers non lvl based, msg me Bloody for cg. first 15 ppl will get in.” In no case should anyone respond on as to such messages, instead responses should go to the person named as running the cg.

4 Realm wars

4.1 Preamble

4.1.1 Realmwar is a primary reason for participating in this alliance. We aim to be involved in all aspects of realmwar.
4.1.2 The alliance does not appoint permanent leaders, but seeks players to initiate and organise events. Major events may be co-ordinated through the alliance council.

4.2 Delegating command
Assign several persons to various functions. Breaking down the whole organization of raids and defence into more manageable chunks means we will be able to operate quicker and more efficient. All too often in RvR timing means everything.

A quick, example breakdown on relegating command on a keep raid.

One Raid Leader who does the yelling
One CG holder
One Point Runner (maybe 2 to confuse the enemy).
One Ram team Leader
One Scout team leader

4.3 Defence

Report incident via /as. Use /as to gather troops quickly as possible in a /cg. Report back to /as from time to time to let the alliance know that there's something going on.

4.4 Offence

Keep raids is fairly simple, announce on /as, stick to /cg. Make sure to keep announcing your raid on the alliance line from time to time to inform newcomers.

Relic raids is another matter. This should stick to cg, as we probably will have several outsiders on our hunt who don't have access to our alliance line. If organised by others, send info back through the alliance line.

5 Loot and dropped items

5.1 Avoiding Loot Disputes

All member guilds shall adhere to the following principles when dividing loot in order to avoid any serious disputes over dropped items on alliance hunts. At the hunt itself no discussions and disputes regarding loot and its distribution are to be held. In case of misunderstandings or misinterpretations the issue is to be brought up at the alliance council meeting.

5.2 Basic guidelines

Senior members of the alliance may call for any organized hunt through the alliance forum and/or the alliance chat line. Before the hunt begins the leader defines and communicates which loot distribution procedures the hunt will abide to. All possible procedures are clearly defined in a separate loot distribution policy issued by the alliance council.

Loot/drops will be collected by one single person (usually the hunt leader). Group leaders must be sure to enable chat logging (by pressing L on their keyboard) so that it is clear which member in the hunt received dropped items. Dropped items will then be distributed by the hunt leader accoding to the predefined procedure.

5.3 Alliance hunt loot division

On the larger Alliance hunts (eg. Legion) the loot/drops will always be divided according to the therefore related procedure in the loot distribution policy by the alliance council.

On hunts in Darkness Falls, Fiery seals will go to crafters for salvage, with 15% of the proceeds going to the crafter, and 85% going to the alliance fund.

6 Inter-alliance communication

6.1 Communication Officers

While this post may not be fillable directly, there is a need to communicate with the other Midgard alliances on realm war status, realm defence and keep and relic raids. It is important we do our part for the realm as a whole beyond the scope of our own alliance. Currently it is thought three or four members with good contacts in any of the other alliances may fill this role, but this position needs to be fleshed out further.

---------------------------------------

^^Makes me all warm and fuzzy...:eek6:

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Makwaerk said:
I don't see how on earth Pwned and New Era in 1 alliance could go wrong!!! It is a union made in heaven
hahahah yeeeeeees!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the NE alliance charter is pretty old though :p

and it seems to work, most of the time :D

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Well believe it or not, Pwned's "charter" also works. Tbh the alliance seems to be working very well and we have likeminded ppl in it.

Ofc Blejs spams a lot of BS in it, but its ok ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Prudil said:
Well believe it or not, Pwned's "charter" also works. Tbh the alliance seems to be working very well and we have likeminded ppl in it.

Ofc Blejs spams a lot of BS in it, but its ok ;)

well each to his (or her :p ) own :D

also it proves people dedication to the alliance/guilds if they can be bothered to read through all of that :eek6:

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
well each to his (or her :p ) own :D

also it proves people dedication to the alliance/guilds if they can be bothered to read through all of that :eek6:
Last part is BS Orm :p

Schenton

Fledgling Freddie
Seriusly I realy don't see a problem with severel alliance's and comunication. At anny given moment there is peopel in diffrent /cg's /bg's from diffrent alliance's that can reade /as and write in there /bg/cg anny news from the frontier. Before Housing you only needed to do a /b at Hagall and the crafters there made sure all alliances did know of albs/hibs in fronties in a mather of min. Now we have ML bg's and Moderna cg's to fast get all info around. Why complicate things whit xml pages and stuff is beond me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Cami said:
Last part is BS Orm :p

no its not :(

took me a long time to read it and ive had people want to join guild but say no thanks after trying to read alliance and guild charter :)

also you seem to be saying that NE charter is far more complicated but its pretty similar to yours just written in a more err formal manner? :p

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
no its not :(

took me a long time to read it and ive had people want to join guild but say no thanks after trying to read alliance and guild charter :)

also you seem to be saying that NE charter is far more complicated but its pretty similar to yours just written in a more err formal manner? :p
I've read it, lots of times :p

And when i used to be in SoN with all the old people we didnt have a chater! Pft, who needs that anyway..

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Cami said:
I've read it, lots of times :p

And when i used to be in SoN with all the old people we didnt have a chater! Pft, who needs that anyway..

pftt, well youre not in SoN anymore are you? :twak:

mr leave guilds because we are too boring :(

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
pftt, well youre not in SoN anymore are you? :twak:

mr leave guilds because we are too boring :(
Was other reasons... Not gonna mention that here tho, was a looong time ago ;)

One of the reasons are still a member tho... :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Cami said:
Was other reasons... Not gonna mention that here tho, was a looong time ago ;)

One of the reasons are still a member tho... :p

is that a hint at something? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom