Midgard Alliances????

Ucallme

Banned
Nothing really important, but....

Ive noticed mids have about 13ish alliances, as a realm dont you think it will benefit us if we merge most of the alliances so we have 3 or 4 huge alliances in midgard.

So, then its easier for us to spread the word if albs/hibs attack and such. Also we will respond quicker instead of typing to each alliance which will take longer to react.

Just a thought

see what you guys think

Good Idea or Bad Idea

(Was half asleep when typing this so hope it makes sense)

Amphrax 50 Shadowblade
Ucallme 50 warrior
Bufffbot 50 shaman

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I think you can remove the Norrsken alliance from that list. 99% of us are Swedish and and I think I speak for all of us when I say we like our alliance broadcasts in Swedish. :p

blejs

Loyal Freddie
amphrax i talked to you
and some nemesis.

To merge your alliances together, i cant make you merge.
Its some easy decissions, you can tell you all welcome to join alliance.
And put that in motd and then sort, take the decission make the ball go in right direction.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
In my experience, merging alliances, while good for the realm (especially now that you have NF arriving shortly, where a unified realm will be important), is often very hard due to a number of factors, such as guild type (RvR guilds and PvE or hybrid guilds usually have different needs in an alliance), alliance philosophy (some alliances have very liberal /as rules, while others are more strict), and sometimes just plain ego (some people and some guilds simply don't get along with each other).

Good luck, though. :)

Schenton

Fledgling Freddie
Bulle af Fetstryk have been in the most powerfull alliance in midgard/pryd. That alliance was powerfull enough to take all keeps and all relics and keep them för extended periods of time. But that was in the begining of DAoCs history and as an officer of BaF I can tell you that we will never be in an alliance like that again. There is severel reasons for that but the bigest one is /as. BaF will never again be in a alliance were /as goes like this.

[happycamper]: Hi all.
[leetdude1]: ffs stop spaming!!!!1
[rvrguru3]: rvr talk only herre and you know it.
[leetdude4]: stfu ffs tbh imo
and so on.

The alliance of Norrskens /as goes somthing like this (and we like it that way)
Roughly translated from swedish.

[randomdude5]: morning, now get your but over here and help me whit this thing.
[rvrguru2]: Hibzerg amgO (10-15 of them).
[randomdude9]: Simpsons on canal 3 now. go go go.
[pvelover2]: annyone that need anny help with annything? geting bored here not doing annything.
[rvrguru11]: fg albs apkE moving amgE (about 35 of them or so)
[bigtroll1]: Anny boot with conc at mpkE???
[monkygroupmember4]: they are so dead, we are inc in 30 sec.
[nicegirlfromnorway2]: Klem Klem! {not swedish so cant translate that}
[randomdude8]: klem klem.
[sportsfreak13]: WEEEEE swe:1 can:0 !!!!
[randomdude2]: klem klem!
[hormonialyungboy]: KLEM KLEM!!!!11
[rvrguru11]: What happend??? were?
[randomdud21]: klem klem!
[randomdud4]: klem klem.
[monkygroupmember4]: %¤"@$ bolt range mezz/sos/bof bloddy zerglings £€¤&#%.
[bigtroll1]: just killed 4 albs at amgE but more inc.
[bigtroll1]: damn dead. but was fun. got 2 more :))
[randomdude1]: klem klem.
and so on.

In Norrsken we use /as as a chat making our alliance allmost like a big guild and we love it. A big alliance is good for the realm but BaF will never be part of it. We are in our dream alliance now and we will stay here.

Good luck with your mergeing and I hope you have fun. We sure as hell have fun in Norrsken :cheers:

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Well alliances are in my opion for guilds that are like eachothers a lot.
For an exampel the Norrsken alliance are all from Sweden, Norway et.c.
The pwned alliance are for RvR maniacs.
And so on...

Basicly some players in all games are a lot more serious than other players, and having unserious "roleplayer" together with serious RvRers that basicly plays the game for the RvR wouldn't work.
It would result in trashtalk et.c and well like someone said about the.
And well like Schenton said about the...

Well I guess u get the point, it just wouldnt work...

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
i'd like to put our small guild in an alliance if anyone would have us?

consists of about 6 regular players, got about 15 in total most have left for other things tho ;o

we're rl friends and struggle when anything happens, always the last to know, so maybe we could just be put on silent or something, so we can see wtf is going on in the realm :p

anyway, if you got room for us, just pm me in game on ukay.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Uc we woudl get kicked out with amount of crap we have in our /as channel xD

We were talking about kebabs last night o_O

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ucallme said:
Nothing really important, but....

Ive noticed mids have about 13ish alliances, as a realm dont you think it will benefit us if we merge most of the alliances so we have 3 or 4 huge alliances in midgard.

So, then its easier for us to spread the word if albs/hibs attack and such. Also we will respond quicker instead of typing to each alliance which will take longer to react.

Just a thought

see what you guys think

Good Idea or Bad Idea

(Was half asleep when typing this so hope it makes sense)

Amphrax 50 Shadowblade
Ucallme 50 warrior
Bufffbot 50 shaman

if u put me in a alliance where i cant freely spam WANTING 2 BUY LEGE HEAT AXE! or BUYING SEALS im gunna come over 2 essex and pimp slap u so hard ull b back on the street corner quicker than......i dunno, sumthing else :S :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i cant speak for NE as a whole but from my experience most in New Era alliance seem to be casual players, however theres pretty strict /as rules so no talking about kebabs ;)

what we need perhaps is a way of contacting the other alliances? ie list the guilds/people that are most active and can say things on /as relatively quickly?

for relic raids and such :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Boomeruk said:

consists of about 6 regular players, got about 15 in total most have left for other things tho ;o

we're rl friends and struggle when anything happens, always the last to know, so maybe we could just be put on silent or something, so we can see wtf is going on in the realm :p

Boom, I'll put a good word in for you with Belo =)
Would be nice to piss you of over /as at 5am xD

I agree with the original post, it would make a huge difference. Pwned/Fedaykin/NE etc all merging, but there would be hell :/ It wouldn't work because of the 'lweet pwopwles"

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
i cant speak for NE as a whole but from my experience most in New Era alliance seem to be casual players, however theres pretty strict /as rules so no talking about kebabs ;)

what we need perhaps is a way of contacting the other alliances? ie list the guilds/people that are most active and can say things on /as relatively quickly?

for relic raids and such :p

hehe then............ make a list on FH sticky that has like 3-4 people from each guild thats on, 2 usually on in the morning 2 that r usually on in the evening etc :) JUST AN IDEA DONT SHOOT ME

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
This was done some time back so it needs to be updated;

New Era alliance, PM someone from Savage Conclave or Amazons of Midgard.
Nemesis alliance, PM someone from Nemesis
Norrsken alliance, PM someone from Bulle af Fetstryk.
For Faith alliance, PM someone from White Rose or WArriors of the Mist.
For Fedaykin Alliance, try Danish Huscarls, Bragi's Scorpions or Blackbyrd Family to name few.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know crap about xml/html.. (well a bit of html) but can't someone write a page that'll list every alliance from midgard/prydwen and their guilds? daoc-stats has it but you'll have to switch pages for every other alliance to see their members. perhaps someone can program it so that it's all in on one page like on the left side the alliance name, below that the member numbers and total rp's / last weeks rp's, on the right of that the guilds in that alliance.

That way you can also see on their rp amounts if it's a major rvr alliance or a pve alliance.

and ohw btw, love the idea, and I'm sure there are some alliances that can merge... doesn't have to be 1 big alliance but like 5 orso instead of the 13'ish we got now.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Schenton said:
That sounds like me. :eek7:
Old.Schenton said:
That on the otherhand dosn't sound like me. :eek6:
That on the otherhand dosn't sound like me. :eek6:

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
Boomeruk said:

Givf Retalation in Venom alliance :p :wub:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
svartalf said:
This was done some time back so it needs to be updated;

New Era alliance, PM someone from Savage Conclave or Amazons of Midgard.
Nemesis alliance, PM someone from Nemesis
Norrsken alliance, PM someone from Bulle af Fetstryk.
For Faith alliance, PM someone from White Rose or WArriors of the Mist.
For Fedaykin Alliance, try Danish Huscarls, Bragi's Scorpions or Blackbyrd Family to name few.

Venom alliance - Venom, and 3 other guilds that suck so u dont need 2 know about them <giggles>

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
LOL darksword

Draconis Combine

Order Of The Blacklung

Odin´s Ravens

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, I've always considered it a loss for Midgard as a whole when the first realmwide alliance shattered under the pressure of several people's Ego's clashing.

I still think people should be above this. Sure, a single alliance would mean more people chatting on your screen, but you're free to ignore it. This is a matter that guild officers can deal with.

Personally, I don't mind a little chatter. It is an indication that people are having fun playing the game, and that is important. Cooperation come from everyone involved, after all.

It won't return, though. An alliance of that magnitude, and Midgard is poorer for it's loss.

Ucallme

Banned
Tesla Monkor said:
To be honest, I've always considered it a loss for Midgard as a whole when the first realmwide alliance shattered under the pressure of several people's Ego's clashing.

I still think people should be above this. Sure, a single alliance would mean more people chatting on your screen, but you're free to ignore it. This is a matter that guild officers can deal with.

Personally, I don't mind a little chatter. It is an indication that people are having fun playing the game, and that is important. Cooperation come from everyone involved, after all.

It won't return, though. An alliance of that magnitude, and Midgard is poorer for it's loss.

I agree with Tesla

I think we should put aside the silly things and merge most alliances so it benefits the realm.

e.g.

Put all the guilds that dont really care about /as chat into 1 alliance.
Put all the guilds that care about /as
and ofc the RvR guilds into one alliance

So midgard have 3 major alliances that will be quick to respond to Enemy Activity.

Just my thoughts

Amphrax

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
yeah all join venom alliance!

please, sometimes i only have darksword and amphrax to talk to :D

we are like a big guild tbh....and we do our best for realm defence, we really do. more guild would benefit immensley tbh so any guild who wants an alliance and likes to talk about kebabs, then please consider joining us :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
its not the venom alliance

we had a meeting

its the Darksword Side alliance.... i thought Darksword alliance, but i like 2 have my own side, its a mix between the dark side, and proper melee unlike those crap light sabers, therefore Darksword Side, kinda l33+ no nubs please and u must clear it with me before u can say anything, each time u want 2 speak, soon there will b tribute days.....

Qledo

Loyal Freddie
Old.Schenton said:
Bulle af Fetstryk have been in the most powerfull alliance in midgard/pryd. That alliance was powerfull enough to take all keeps and all relics and keep them för extended periods of time. But that was in the begining of DAoCs history and as an officer of BaF I can tell you that we will never be in an alliance like that again. There is severel reasons for that but the bigest one is /as. BaF will never again be in a alliance were /as goes like this.

and so on.

The alliance of Norrskens /as goes somthing like this (and we like it that way)
Roughly translated from swedish.

[randomdude5]: morning, now get your but over here and help me whit this thing.
[rvrguru2]: Hibzerg amgO (10-15 of them).
[randomdude9]: Simpsons on canal 3 now. go go go.
[pvelover2]: annyone that need anny help with annything? geting bored here not doing annything.
[rvrguru11]: fg albs apkE moving amgE (about 35 of them or so)
[monkygroupmember4]: they are so dead, we are inc in 30 sec.
[nicegirlfromnorway2]: Klem Klem! {not swedish so cant translate that}
[randomdude8]: klem klem.
[sportsfreak13]: WEEEEE swe:1 can:0 !!!!
[randomdude2]: klem klem!
[hormonialyungboy]: KLEM KLEM!!!!11
[rvrguru11]: What happend??? were?
[randomdud21]: klem klem!
[randomdud4]: klem klem.
[monkygroupmember4]: %¤"@$ bolt range mezz/sos/bof bloddy zerglings £€¤&#%.
[randomdude1]: klem klem.
and so on.

In Norrsken we use /as as a chat making our alliance allmost like a big guild and we love it. A big alliance is good for the realm but BaF will never be part of it. We are in our dream alliance now and we will stay here.

Good luck with your mergeing and I hope you have fun. We sure as hell have fun in Norrsken :cheers:

i think [bigtroll1] is a thane! ^^

Ucallme

Banned
Just thought...

4 Major Alliances

1 Pwned/New Era <Merged> (20 guilds total)
2 The Fedaykin Alliance/Nemesis <Merged> (23 guilds total)
3 Norrsken (10 guilds total)
4 Venom (for example) (25 guilds total) prolly most of them guilds not active)

Just an idea

Amphrax

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Ucallme said:
Just thought...

4 Major Alliances

1 Pwned/New Era <Merged> (20 guilds total)
2 The Fedaykin Alliance/Nemesis <Merged> (23 guilds total)
3 Norrsken (10 guilds total)
4 Venom (for example) (25 guilds total) prolly most of them guilds not active)

Just an idea

Amphrax
Dont get any wet dreams with this Ucall...

I see both pros and cons with this, where the cons are in majority im afraid.
Pwned and NewEra is like oil and water...will never work etc osv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom