Midgard 3-account pve crew

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
no clue what a mauler can do - but you could do Focus SM and PBAE SM and shaman.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yep, I'll stop using HKN but the alternate more cumbersome method of enabling 2+ instances on the same computer. But still, I'm not playing daoc with ghetto buffs :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
mauler hot > valk hot - by delve.

also mauler got 20% absorb buff - and enemy hits on buffed target generate power for mauler.

hrm, sounds interesting. Got to take a look at that class... they can be kobblets, right?

Though, Maulers don't get guard, do they?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Mauler on mid can be mino or norse. They don't get guard as they can't spec shields.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Tbh, the defense that the warrior can put up is quite impressive and I wouldn't progress at a decent pace without that. Not sure which class is better, but still a non-guard class wouldn't work well with my setup

Warrior seems to parry, evade or block like 60-70% of the time vs redcons even with ghetto gear and even that one guard-block on my sm to avoid interrupting really speed things up

Currently level 40, does anyone know a faster way to level 40 to 50 than task dungeons? Maybe a repeatable quest? I get /freelevel in 1.5 days or so, so planning to be 47-48 by then. (can you do /freelevel 49->50 these days?)

Also almost no cloth lolrogs for cheap prices on ME, so if anyone has any bits they don't want it'd be appreciated. SM still has the hand-me-down gear :)

aika

Part of the furniture
you can't do /freelevel past 48, so make sure you do it at 47.9999

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh, the defense that the warrior can put up is quite impressive and I wouldn't progress at a decent pace without that. Not sure which class is better, but still a non-guard class wouldn't work well with my setup

Warrior seems to parry, evade or block like 60-70% of the time vs redcons even with ghetto gear and even that one guard-block on my sm to avoid interrupting really speed things up

Currently level 40, does anyone know a faster way to level 40 to 50 than task dungeons? Maybe a repeatable quest? I get /freelevel in 1.5 days or so, so planning to be 47-48 by then. (can you do /freelevel 49->50 these days?)

Also almost no cloth lolrogs for cheap prices on ME, so if anyone has any bits they don't want it'd be appreciated. SM still has the hand-me-down gear :)

There is an amazing repeatable quest on Hib that can be picked up off an old bloke in Ardee. Mid must have an equivalent quest. It give massive xp boosts and is really fast.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
if it's like the elementals quest in alb, it'd mean that you actually have to run there and back. Back before nerf could leave alt at npc and kill with main.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Cheers, found it. However:

Per Hot Fix Note on October 5, 2009:
The quests Dousing the Flames (Alb), Melting the Ice (Mid), Cleansing the Light (Hib), are now capped at 15 completions.

:(

liloe

It's my birthday today!

The quests Dousing the Flames (Alb), Melting the Ice (Mid), Cleansing the Light (Hib), are now capped at 15 completions.

There are still the cata quests. Just take them all at once at lvl 48 and then complete them all at the same time. The quests always lead you into the same zones, so it's kinda easy.

Another way would be to just do regular XP in the easy PoC rooms. Yellow/ora/red/purp con mob, frontier XP bonus and you're set =)

Train

One of Freddy's beloved

That must be per level.
I've done them on Ywain this year from lvl 40 to 50, and that's alot more than 15 completions.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Btw for those that want to know how easy it is to start completely from scratch on a realm.
5 days after I made this thread. No other level 50s. No help from anyone (except advice in this thread) and a friendly warrior handing me a set of level 40 SC armor and classic-era warrior epic
About 24 hours /played , ~4-6 hours each evening. Level 50 warrior+SM+shaman. Total ~36p (about 12p per char). Exped in task dungeons from level 20-41. With a break in catacombs instances at level 35 to get some aurulite gear. Did melting of the ice 41-47.8. Waited for /freelevel and got 48.7, then did the dragon campaign related quests to ding 50. (those in jordheim and malmohus)

Farmed glass and traded the plat I earned for ML tokens. So I could get ML9 on SM and ML5 on shaman. Then farm more glass / encounters to get some decent armor and jewelry.

So basically in less than a week with casual play you can get pretty far with two empty hands. But the main thing to get is ofc a bot and SM to get you started if you don't want to run with 3 accounts. With the bot you can grind up any char on the main account really

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Btw for those that want to know how easy it is to start completely from scratch on a realm.
5 days after I made this thread. No other level 50s. No help from anyone (except advice in this thread) and a friendly warrior handing me a set of level 40 SC armor and classic-era warrior epic
About 24 hours /played , ~4-6 hours each evening. Level 50 warrior+SM+shaman. Total ~36p (about 12p per char). Exped in task dungeons from level 20-41. With a break in catacombs instances at level 35 to get some aurulite gear. Did melting of the ice 41-47.8. Waited for /freelevel and got 48.7, then did the dragon campaign related quests to ding 50. (those in jordheim and malmohus)

Farmed glass and traded the plat I earned for ML tokens. So I could get ML9 on SM and ML5 on shaman. Then farm more glass / encounters to get some decent armor and jewelry.

So basically in less than a week with casual play you can get pretty far with two empty hands. But the main thing to get is ofc a bot and SM to get you started if you don't want to run with 3 accounts. With the bot you can grind up any char on the main account really

K now powerlvl me some chars with your sm on mid :flame:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
That must be per level.
I've done them on Ywain this year from lvl 40 to 50, and that's alot more than 15 completions.

can do em forever now, just can't be at the starting npc anymore. They capped em for liek 2 or so weeks then uncapped it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom