Midgard 3-account pve crew

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Finished templating my alb chars so want something on mid aswell, never played mid much

What's a good 3-account pve trio? Thinking of task dungeons 20-50 on mid dyvet before transfers because it's more quiet and you have /level :)

Account 1 (main): ??
Account 2 (buffbot): Shaman (aug)
Account 3: ??

Together they need to be able to farm scales quite efficiently, plus farm some easy encounters for drops and also account 3 + 2 should be able to PL whatever is on account 1 (but doesn't have to be like that in the start)

Would
Spiritmaster (supp)
Shaman (aug)
Healer (pac/mend)

be effective?

Or maybe
Thane/warrior
Shaman (aug)
Spiritmaster (supp)
?

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
focus:
sm, sham, mauler

non-focus:
warr/thane, sham, auger

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed mauler works well for the abs buff they can give sm pet, valks used to be godly in a focus team but they're shit now since the Hots got nerfed to oblivion.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Roger, but I also need to start somewhere and I reckon the thane+shaman+aug healer route would be easiest to do in task dungeons. Just perma kill stuff, rinse repeat

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Roger, but I also need to start somewhere and I reckon the thane+shaman+aug healer route would be easiest to do in task dungeons. Just perma kill stuff, rinse repeat

Staff mauler/aug healer/shaman would work well, staff maulers hit like trains tbh, growth on their styles is insane, if you want a shield user tho that has decent pve offence leveling thane is a good choice tho yes :p or a valk with high odin's will.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just promise me that if you do go thane, don't make it a troll..

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah, I made the thane norse. I'd reckon it would be handy to have a pve blockbot in the end, they are always useful to have

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Frostalf are the best caster ones... But i bet with new astral items you can make a nice hybrid norseman thane

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Not gonna play a thane in RvR, it's purely for PvE :p

Plan is that I level up aughealer, augshaman and thane to 50 together. Then PL something on the healer account that can PL something on the thane account ;p

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Yeah... do a kobold warrior for PvE with block gear etc :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Not sure, I thought thanes were better in PvE?
Remember I have no level 50's on mid whatsoever, so the whole point is getting some chars up to get something done

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
warrior has higher wep skill and will ultimately land more hits :p alot more hp also, dwarf warriors are nice all rounders for PvE highest hp out of the mid races aswell.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Sword/Shield Valk (47 Sword, 42 Shield and atleast 22 Mend)
PBAE SM (or Focus)
Shaman (go for a Cave Auger for Dots!)

Guard, Heals, CoTS and some none-aggro HoTs for the pet.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I went with warrior+shaman+supp sm in the end, it goes pretty fast in task dungeons, level 30 already. Considered valk but /level doesn't work for catacombs classes so :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
/level has been disabled on all classes on all servers

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What?

They finally did this?.. only 5 years to late.

Dont know why they bothered, people still pl and still no groups about, wasn't when I started on alb/ywain anyway zippo groups about just the necro/caba pl grps... they should just add /level 50 and have done with it, people play daoc for the pvp not the boring leveling.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Guard, Heals, CoTS and some none-aggro HoTs for the pet.

mauler hot > valk hot - by delve.

also mauler got 20% absorb buff - and enemy hits on buffed target generate power for mauler.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
When I started with 2 accounts, I had an SM + healer duo. The fact that I had mr, good bases, better heals and still specs through the summoning line was quite neat, but that won't work so well with the split 40summon, 32 dark spec.

Imho if you want a really good focus team, then 40/32 SM + supp sm + shammy is the best thing you can get.

If you sometimes need to tank stuff, then personally I'd go for an SM + valk + shammy trio. Sure the hots got nerfed, but they're still nice and if you're in danger of losing aggro, you can split the heals between shammy and valk.

As I guess that you'll want one account for an aug healer as bot, the best thing would be to make it like that:

acc 1: valk + others
acc 2: SM
acc 3: shammy

Then leveling the aug healer on the SM account will be piss easy. You can get him to 40+ with the valk in no time and thanks to the absolutely uber lifetap proc he should be able to do that flames quest in no time: Speed, self dmg add, dmg shield, haste, cele, lifetap proc ...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Cheers for the tips, but I've already made the chars. :)

As said warrior+supp sm+shaman , currently level 32. As of yet I've not needed extra heals on the warrior and he can easily hold aggro on 4-5 red cons with shammy healing and sm pb'ing at 80% mob hp or so, thanks to the cone taunt

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Cheers for the tips, but I've already made the chars. :)

As said warrior+supp sm+shaman , currently level 32. As of yet I've not needed extra heals on the warrior and he can easily hold aggro on 4-5 red cons with shammy healing and sm pb'ing at 80% mob hp or so, thanks to the cone taunt

There is a nice PvE shield from DF. Large with 3.0 speed or so and some PvE block bonus, if I recall that correctly, you might be interested in getting that =)

Oh and for later farming, you should respec the SM to 34 dark, 41 summoning, because then you can charm yellows and buff them hard ;)

That's especially nice for farming purple djinns, because yellows hit much harder and can take more hits.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Finished templating my alb chars so want something on mid aswell, never played mid much

What's a good 3-account pve trio? Thinking of task dungeons 20-50 on mid dyvet before transfers because it's more quiet and you have /level :)

Account 1 (main): ??
Account 2 (buffbot): Shaman (aug)
Account 3: ??

Together they need to be able to farm scales quite efficiently, plus farm some easy encounters for drops and also account 3 + 2 should be able to PL whatever is on account 1 (but doesn't have to be like that in the start)

Would
Spiritmaster (supp)
Shaman (aug)
Healer (pac/mend)

be effective?

Or maybe
Thane/warrior
Shaman (aug)
Spiritmaster (supp)
?

Hi mate whatever you do do NOT use HKEY - you will get your bottom spanked.

YOU have been WARNED!
:p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure, I thought thanes were better in PvE?
Remember I have no level 50's on mid whatsoever, so the whole point is getting some chars up to get something done

Well, the (in my opinion) fastest way to lvl is Summoning spec:ed Spiritmaster + shaman and or healer.

Then just take the SM + shammy to pl what ever on the healer account.

If you are able to get ml9 pet on the sm it will be extremly fast pl after that, it is also possible to join poc groups for pbae lvling etc.

Well thats what I do when I come to a new server!:)

/Charmangle

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Hi mate whatever you do do NOT use HKEY - you will get your bottom spanked.

YOU have been WARNED!
:p

I've been using HKEY for like 3 weeks now, is that a problem on Ywain ?

I can manually do the same thing without using HKEY (making daoc run multiple instances), is that still a problem? Or is it just not allowed to run bots on stick, period

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It is a big problem on Ywain mate - there were several suspensions and a lot of tears and weeping on VN ensued. Seriously be careful Mythic deem it a violation now after years of being blind to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom