Mid, you having fun?

V

Verena

I've been keeping an eye on the /realm since I started playing a litle alt of pryd/alb and tbh it looks boring.

You got the relics, you take some keeps. But what else is left for you? Don't see this as a flame towards midgard in general I'm just wondering if the game is fun for you. The only thing that changes sometimes are some normal keeps who either get taken by alb/hib only to be retaken within 15 minutes by Midgard.

I'm amazed that some people are still joining your allready overpowered realm every day and people will probably keep joining you just cause you're invulnerable. This is not aimed towards those people that still join the realm just to be uber cause that could use a whole new topic IMO.

But to get back to my initial question, are you having fun? Looking at /realm looks very very boring. It's basicly the same since 2-3 months ago. What challenge does this game offer you?

O

old.Haf

I have a feeling 1.48 might change the balance, if you look at the US servers now, the realms are alot more finely balanced.

We shall see.

F

froler

Originally posted by Verena

You got the relics, you take some keeps. But what else is left for you? Don't see this as a flame towards midgard in general I'm just wondering if the game is fun for you. The only thing that changes sometimes are some normal keeps who either get taken by alb/hib only to be retaken within 15 minutes by Midgard.

But to get back to my initial question, are you having fun? Looking at /realm looks very very boring. It's basicly the same since 2-3 months ago. What challenge does this game offer you?

Yes we got the relics and we intend to keep it that way aswell.

I had a blast this sunday when the albs _really_wanted Dun Crauc. in Emain.

and yes, mids are still waiting for the other realms to catch up some in lvls and tactics.....

:(

<leaving midgard for a while going to hib/exac waiting for others to catch up>:m00: :m00: :m00:

O

old.Spug

Yes, thanks for asking :)

Admitted we hold all our own keeps, and two in hibbie land now...

but over the weekend we had several attacks on our keeps, some were repelled, some succeeded and we then had to reclaim them...

Personally I enjoy keep takking, I guess I'm still low enough level to appreciate them, but holding a keep against attackers is miles more fun... and the organisation required to co-ordinate our forces against attackers is superb...

yes, I'm still enjoying myself, I've been Midgard since closed Beta, and I'll be Midgard till I close my account.

F

Fafnir

Aye

Havin great fun. Just as the others pointed out sunday was great loads of albs...

V

Verena

Ok, thanks for the replies. Was afraid I'd get flamed for it, and yes I also believe 1.48 will change a lot. Although I'm not too sure if it's a positive change.

I'm having the same feeling when looking at Albion on Excalibur. Once DF comes in there's gonna be a new reason to take keeps, unfortunatly although mid/hib have grown in power so have albion and I think the same goes for Prydwen.

On Prydwen you've been waiting for hib/alb to grow stronger but you're forgetting that mid has also had the same time to grow stronger. This will lead to the same boredom after a while, as far as I can tell the mids don't even have to organize a raid, you'll just retake a keep within 10-15 minutes. This leads me to believe that if you do setup a nice planned raid that it will again be unstoppable.

Only time will tell I guess. Still the situation right now must be boring. Sure it's nice that the albs kept you busy for a night but with the combined effords of all the mids you can't tell me that you wouldn't be able to stop those albs/hibs?

C

Cedig

Talking of unplanned raids, hibbies took back aillinne and Bolg without a plan, but then we got repelled by the defenders at chrimthain, (although by then it was 02:30GMT) so we had lost a lot of workers.

Still, shows that Hibs are getting stonger...

O

old.Veritreus

And we'd also not got any rams left cos we'd used them all already :)

My sword doesn't like me any more - I spent too much time bashing at doors last night.

O

old.Velo

Re: Re: Mid, you having fun?

Originally posted by froler

and yes, mids are still waiting for the other realms to catch up some in lvls and tactics.....

:(

Tactitcs? The only tactic ive seen from mids was when they took our relics during patching when allmost noone could get online.
And that was verry unfair in my opinon. :(

Albs on the other hand.... :p

O

old.Spug

But Velo, we took one of your keeps the other day :) even your temporary GL admitted he knew we were there, but couldn't be bothered to come defend...

Us Mids, we come out to defend...

V

Verena

1 more thing about 1.48 is that they changed the relic keeps. They made em even harder then they are now.

In order to take a relic you have to at least captured 3-4 keeps to lower the amount of guards at the keep. From what I've been reading on the US forums relic captures are scarse now thus making it even harder to reclaim them once that patch 1.48 goes live.

Just to make 1 thing clear, I'm not trying to flame midgard's tactics/numbers/lvl50's..etc. I was just wondering what keeps you playing this realm and what makes you take keeps back. I understand that if it would've been new but the situation has been the same ever since those relics were taken. It just looks boring to me, but that's only my humble opinion.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Spug
But Velo, we took one of your keeps the other day :) even your temporary GL admitted he knew we were there, but couldn't be bothered to come defend...

Us Mids, we come out to defend...

Plug SparkFryde!!!

How dare you twist my words in such a manner, you low-down, good-for-nothing middie scumbag!

The point I made was the fact that it is hard to persuade a bunch of players to go stand around for an hour and a half to 'possibly' defend a keep that you guys 'may' be attacking. On at least 3 recent occasions we have turned out to defend only to see middie 'warriors' take a look, realise there is some form of defence to get through, and turn there cowardly backs and run for home instead of putting up a fight.....

You want us to defend? Then attack, ya wimps!!!!:p

Jup.

O

old.Spug

hehehe, ah, poor Jupitus, were your words incorrectly taken?

I think I summed it up quite nicely :p

you see... if theres a rumour that the Albions have stopped hiding and come out to play, or that the Hibs have left their daisychains and trees and come to our frontier, we go into defense mode anyway... if no-one shows up, we simply head on out, and find someone else to kill...

I can understand your lack of bottle.... must be scary leaving the comfort of your round table... whats that all about anyway? some dodgy king not have the bottle to lead?

J

Jupitus

.... at least we attack at a reasonable hour ... you guys seem to wait 'til we're all :sleeping: :p

Never fear, you'll die plenty of times over the coming weeks, I assure you:cool:

S

Starkill

Originally posted by Cedig
Talking of unplanned raids, hibbies took back aillinne and Bolg without a plan, but then we got repelled by the defenders at chrimthain, (although by then it was 02:30GMT) so we had lost a lot of workers.

Still, shows that Hibs are getting stonger...

Nice job guys I was part of the impromptu raid on Dun Bolg last night (that impromptu that we didnt have wood for rams). We did encounter you forces whilst you were finishing kicking in the door of Dun Ailline and I for one would like to say congratulations. I died rather quickly but not being an Uber character thats not saying much, I refused to release and continued to watch your efforts. From what I saw it was quite well organised and the second door and the keep storming was over very quickly.

As someone who has not had as much experience in RvR as probably most on this board it was great fun for my guild to actually encounter enemy forces rather than just MAA (even if my personal encounter was brief). Keep up with it and who knows we may actually start to get the battles that I for one want to see. I have no interest in camping PK's and really want to attack a keep where there are tree huggers to attack not NPC's.

The most fun I have had in frontier land for a while.

O

old.Spug

Originally posted by Jupitus
.... at least we attack at a reasonable hour ... you guys seem to wait 'til we're all :sleeping: :p

Never fear, you'll die plenty of times over the coming weeks, I assure you:cool:

you sleep all the time jupe, doesnt matter what time we raid :p

our last raid was at 20:00 bst, we hoped for some opposition so we hit Albion as opposed to Hibbieland (although to be fair to the hibbies... they gave us huge amounts of probs this weekend)

figured after all the swagger Phoenix Legion would come strutting out to meet us... I shoulda phoned you to let you know we were levels 30-40... that way you wouldn't have to have been so scared of us :p

O

old.HiredGoon

Only thing left for me to hope, is that they reset realm status, prior to DF. This is such a big intervention with RvR, that its the only sane thing to do. i just hope the patching will work better, so the realm in charge at the point, will have some opponents, when the raid is on :)

J

Jupitus

you sleep all the time jupe, doesnt matter what time we raid :p

aye :) too many late nights :p

our last raid was at 20:00 bst, we hoped for some opposition so we hit Albion as opposed to Hibbieland (although to be fair to the hibbies... they gave us huge amounts of probs this weekend)

... but what you neglect to mention is that it took you 3 hours from 20:00 and that was with it undefended! Cripes! How many weeks would we have been there if I'd been on the battlements for goodness sake!

figured after all the swagger Phoenix Legion would come strutting out to meet us... I shoulda phoned you to let you know we were levels 30-40... that way you wouldn't have to have been so scared of us :p

Get ure ugly low-con butts back to safety then and level up... I want a decent fight ;)

O

old.Spug

heh, ugly low con butts eh...

you'll notice our low levels out on the frontier, we're brave middies, not scared Albies...

took us three hours, because a double guard spawn wiped us all out... we had to run back from our bind points...

This is why we win though, we're stubborn, we refuse to acknowledge defeat...

stab us, we'll simply steal your sword

J

Jupitus

heh, ugly low con butts eh...

Yep... ugly, low con butts :)

you'll notice our low levels out on the frontier, we're brave middies, not scared Albies...

..scared? I spent 3 hours strolling through Yggdra yesterday...

took us three hours, because a double guard spawn wiped us all out... we had to run back from our bind points...

....I'm amazed you found your way a second time... wasn't the first some kind of fluke anyway? Twice in one night must be a miracle :p

This is why we win though, we're stubborn, we refuse to acknowledge defeat...

...try dumb ;)

stab us, we'll simply steal your sword

... but the poison will make you drop it again :)

J

Jupitus

Sorry Verena!

ooops! Sorry Verena... thread's been hijacked for some Spug Bashing :)

O

old.Spug

Originally posted by Jupitus

Yep... ugly, low con butts :)

well, we're proud of our battle scars, we show em off, rather than hide inside tin cans

..scared? I spent 3 hours strolling through Yggdra yesterday...

well, I'd put it at nearer 20 mins, we were heading your way to introduce you to pain when we got an alliance message that you'd been dropped... two hits I believe, this a shame, I'd preferred to have killed you myself... but beggars can't be choosers

....I'm amazed you found your way a second time... wasn't the first some kind of fluke anyway? Twice in one night must be a miracle :p

don't joke about my direction sense... I always get there in the end...

...try dumb ;)

thats Mr Dumb to you...

... but the poison will make you drop it again :)

see, thing is. poison can be cured...

we're quite good at that...

V

Verena

Aargh, look what you done. I started a thread as politly as possible and it's still turned into a flame. :(

The reason why I didn't post it in RvR forum was to prevent this from happening.

STOP IT :p

O

old.Spug

tis not a flame, me and Jupes are friends dont worry... even to the point where I've met him IRL and kicked him around on LAN games

O

old.Spug

he can't help it, he's an alb, natural born looser :)

J

Jupitus

Gonna mop the floor with you, you middie scumbag:p

Right... give the thread back to Verena before she gets upset... back on topic maybe the middies are enjoying themselves, but they'll soon be on the receiving end of a few good kickings... let's see how they enjoy that ;)

O

old.Woodmansee

Just wanted to say MIDS always have fun on any server!
Thats what we do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom