Mid/Excal - Anyone remember "Imperial Dwarven Army"

Vekkor

Fledgling Freddie
Howdy Folks,

Just wondering if any Mid/Excal (or any Excal) old timers are about that remember this Guild?
Imperial Dwarven Army (IDA)

My Dwarf Runie in IDA was Korvek.

Naked Dwarven RvR Nights were one of the highlights of this game that I will never forget :worthy:. A Train of between 10 and 30 drunk, singing and naked Dwarves running through old frontiers. Hilarious to see a bunch of lowbies chasing a couple of L50s around Emain :D
Just as funny when we got Mezed by a FG of Hibs and they spent more time Lol'ing at us than killing us

Would be even better to find some of the old members of the guild if any are still playing.

Some of the names I still remember from the Guild are Xhale, Harebear, Bloodclot and his brother whose char name i forget, Balthazar.
Ofc there were many others that I shared these good times with, it's just a shame that my old memory is so poor and all those names elude me.

Be great to hear from anyone or just see if the guild is remembered.

Thanks for reading my rambling.

Have fun out there.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Sure I remember them, I was a dwarf myself, hard to miss them in emain aswell with their silly doings :) I wasn't in IDA myself, but I kinda knew Harebear, i think we ran together through enemy frontiers couple times.

Good bunch of guys, as far as i remember.

Baltazhar

Regular Freddie
Of course i remember it I was a member ;) But I was never part of IDA, i joind later when you changed the guild name to Imperial Army. But a few years later we created Imperial Dwarven Army again on Warhammer and it was great fun: I wonder why we didnt kept it alive. A few more names i remember was Hrogar, Vaas, Teknozz, Pureblood, Nait, Limbonic. I would love to see this guild start up again in any game, under the name Imperial Dwarven Army or just Imperial Army. It´s the best guild i´ve ever been a mamber in, and Nazgul of course :)

Mylittleye

Loyal Freddie
Ahhh man, this was so long ago! I was in the guild when it was IA. Looking at coming back to daoc tbh, WoW end of game content just isn't living up to what I thought it would be :>.

Pureblood is now name emporio on ywain6 :)

Dan

[IDA]Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Korvek (you GrympyOldGit you), PB and Balta! Still got lots and lots of fond memories of the <Imperial Dwarven Army>. Xhale TheTyrant being its first leader, Dawndog taking over and then turning into <Imperial Army> and joining <Nazgul>. Not sure if you remember but we actually hosted an event called Naked Fun Day (still one of the best eventnames ever if you ask me) were we invited others to follow on the naked runs in Emain. Had a decent turnout, even some naked albs and hibs joined in the end :)

Not playing any MMORPG currently myself, lost the taste for it after DAoC even if WoW and WAR caught my fancy from time to time. Any chance you guys are trying the new Star Wars-game?

Kind regards

Baltazhar

Regular Freddie
Hi Hrogar :) I´m not playing mmorpg anymore either except for a few hours of WoW with some guys from work, thats it. I dont like WoW that much but its fun when you play with someone you know irl. There have never been a game and probably never will be a game like Daoc again so I dont think I wil never develop a taste for antoher of these games. I´m not gonna try out the new Star Wars game, when it comes to mmorpg I like fantasy alot better :)
If there is a new, good, fantasy game on the way sometime in the future I will probably try it out.

Baltazhar

Regular Freddie
Just so people know, i started IDA on wow now, moonglade server, just for fun :) IF someone feels like playing, im online as either Johnbauer, my lvl 81 warrior or the IDA gm Baltazhaar :)

Baltazhar

Regular Freddie
I dont know how Daoc or warhammer looks these days but last time i checked they wasnt doing to good. Very few players playing. Believe me, i wish there was another mmorpg bigger than wow but the sad truth is, there isn't. At least not yet. And i just started this for fun, nothing serious. I dont think anybody from old IDA or IA gonna join anyway :) Perhaps in another game in the future, who knows

Everz

FH is my second home
I dont know how Daoc or warhammer looks these days but last time i checked they wasnt doing to good. Very few players playing. Believe me, i wish there was another mmorpg bigger than wow but the sad truth is, there isn't. At least not yet. And i just started this for fun, nothing serious. I dont think anybody from old IDA or IA gonna join anyway :) Perhaps in another game in the future, who knows

To be fair to DAoC it's one big populated server currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom