Mid - 1.79b and pet spam

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the day you get proper pet spam will be the day hib and alb get your rvr utility :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
valk alone cannot do even near stuff what animist + theurg.
this is buff to mids high epic pve and most mids are happy but in end, we are still behind other 2 realms whit charmed orange/red pets + yellow ml9 pet + shrooms + theurgs.

you kept talking like animist and theurgs would be in 1 realm.. notice theyre different, and animist > theu as well. thats life, jim.
oh and guess what, yellow ml9 pet exists in midgard as well.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
With the Thousand Storms thing, group DD proc buff and the 50 point bleed style, Valks will be the hybrid of choice on high level raids.

I like the idea of a strong Raid character, any tips for a virgin Mid player on class/points/spec for a great high level raid based Valk ?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
I like the idea of a strong Raid character, any tips for a virgin Mid player on class/points/spec for a great high level raid based Valk ?
Mine's on Gaheris so is used almost exclusively for high level raids and blitzing adventure wings for Aurulite. She's a Dwarf with 50 spear, 45 OW and the rest dumped in parry with the oddments in shield. Obviously if I was on an RvR server I'd probably lose some parry to take OW higher for the top shears.
With my PBAoE styles I regularly do 700+ damage on orange mobs (350ish from the style and 350ish from the PBAoE proc), on tougher mobs if I don't have aggro I can use my second in chain from side style which delivers a 50 point bleed which I think is the biggest in the game. Dropped Mordred in no time with that.
For RAs I have the usual tank stuff - MoPain, MoParry, FA, IP, Aug Str, Toughness etc.

Her template is mostly DS and other catacombs jewellery with a Runihura tank hauberk, Golden Spear and some Volcanus armour.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
oh and guess what, yellow ml9 pet exists in midgard as well.

Oh really? Mind telling me who gets a yellow con pet in mid? Because i clearly missed that class the last 3 years =)

hunter=blue(heck, not even ML9)
bd=green/blue
spiritmaster=blue
did I miss any?.. hmm.. no.

get a clue.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
omg, poor spiritmasters can only add 20-30 lvls to a blue con pet..
i hope their demezz, focus shield, lifetap+moc, ae mezz, root, pbaoe dmg, and instas still make it a gimp, but playable class....

oh, have i mentioned the 98% intercept on pet?

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
do we speak here rvr?
pve sm is summoning and dont yet have find that line aemezz, pbaeo etc etc, only pet buffs, 10% ress, and what fun? last fds is lvl 50 :)

you made nice list, now compare that to sorcs and write again, hmm thou sorcs pet isnt blue, its yellow con.
let me help you fast,
what sorc get?
-aemezz
-single mezz
-root
-aeroot
-dmg + snare
-dot
-ae debuff dex/quick
-LT (baseline)
-dd
-speed
-unmezz
-single + aeamnesia
-charm, any mob 100% of charmers lvl (add here ml9)
-ae str/con debuff
-pow reg buff
-mesmeration dampening (albs free det)
+ uber RL5

hmm now compare these to sm, and sm is overpowered? :worthy:

blue con pet get 20-30 lvl, now compare that to yellow whit 20-30 more lvl:s, dam its hard.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well it happened again. i rolled a gimp class and it gets made fotm :D

huzah for me :D

popa

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Will be interesting to see. 8man Valk/Thane ML10 grp anyone? :)

Or 8-man dragon team?

nah u ned 8 animist like here

but still good

polza

Loyal Freddie
Tuppe said:
do we speak here rvr?
pve sm is summoning and dont yet have find that line aemezz, pbaeo etc etc, only pet buffs, 10% ress, and what fun? last fds is lvl 50 :)

you made nice list, now compare that to sorcs and write again, hmm thou sorcs pet isnt blue, its yellow con.
let me help you fast,
what sorc get?
-aemezz
-single mezz
-root
-aeroot
-dmg + snare
-dot
-ae debuff dex/quick
-LT (baseline)
-dd
-speed
-unmezz
-single + aeamnesia
-charm, any mob 100% of charmers lvl (add here ml9)
-ae str/con debuff
-pow reg buff
-mesmeration dampening (albs free det)
+ uber RL5

hmm now compare these to sm, and sm is overpowered? :worthy:

blue con pet get 20-30 lvl, now compare that to yellow whit 20-30 more lvl:s, dam its hard.

yes, scorc is just more oped

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Tuppe said:
this is buff to mids high epic pve and most mids are happy but in end, we are still behind other 2 realms whit charmed orange/red pets + yellow ml9 pet + shrooms + theurgs.

That's what you get for having high utility easy mode groups in RvR, especially with those Healers.

:)

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
omg, poor spiritmasters can only add 20-30 lvls to a blue con pet..
i hope their demezz, focus shield, lifetap+moc, ae mezz, root, pbaoe dmg, and instas still make it a gimp, but playable class....

oh, have i mentioned the 98% intercept on pet?

Remeber, we don't get all of that in the same specline =)

From your list it's:

Suppression spec: Demezz, pbaoe dmg, and instant aoe debuff str/con (add lifetransfer, single target mezz & single target combat speed debuff).

Summoning spec: Focus shield & dmg shield (add petbuffs and rezz at 23).

Darkness spec: lifetap and aoe mezz (add aoe dex/qui debuff, pbaoe mezz and resist debuffs: Body,spirit,energy).

Baseline: Single target root, single target debuff instas; str and dex, the pet and the darkness baseline nuke.

And I doubt the pet has 98% intercept, although I must admit it sometimes intercepts a lot.. But also sometimes not at all. It varies much.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Tuppe said:
nah, its not even near petspam, this help hit epic mob 5dmg, but you dont take it down even near same speed what animists.
shrooms + theurgs hit mob when to hit code is down enough, thane/valk buff dont do any dmg to mob, you still need kill mob by meleeing down, and its group only buff, not whole "zerg" like shrooms and theurg pets.

lol, do you ever stop crying? we're lucky to get something. and guess what? no realm has the same thing -.-

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
bloody cool change imo, looking forward to it and deffo rolling a thane for strong PvEing :D

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
all the attacker bonus without the associated petlag. great change for mid.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
nah, its not even near petspam, this help hit epic mob 5dmg, but you dont take it down even near same speed what animists.
shrooms + theurgs hit mob when to hit code is down enough, thane/valk buff dont do any dmg to mob, you still need kill mob by meleeing down, and its group only buff, not whole "zerg" like shrooms and theurg pets.

No it isn't of any use... it will only double the pure damage dealt in Melee, make the mob being able to be hit by casts and it will only make you miss about 1/5th the times you miss now. That won't change anything, no no... it will only speed up the whole thing by a factor of 10 but that won't change a thing and will not make several encounters possible for far less people. And you won't encounter pets not casting or being stuck on open field, that's not any kind of advantage, you're right.

Besides it's a self only buff, not group. The Valkyrie or Thane will count as multiple attackers, so the whole raid will benefit from that.

Red pets are really really bad to keep charmed in PvE. They resist much too often to be of any use. Orange is what you should take if you do it that way. Besides what does Midgard lose from not having orange con/yellow ml 9 pets? Some solo players farming artifacts when others want to do it?

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
lol, do you ever stop crying? we're lucky to get something. and guess what? no realm has the same thing -.-

:) my posts are very rare so called "whines", have tryed several classes in other realms but not even near so called expert, just sad to see many who dont even log to other realms, is thinking they have idea whats op.
sm is solid class but only expert in 1 thing, is it LT, pbaeo or farming, not several roles like example sorc have atm.

mids have strong 8v8 group, but dont fool your self and dont think albs and hibs cannot allso build one if want, history have allready show it.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Nice that they add it to the Valk, I don't see many of those, not even in Thidranki. The class possibly can't be THAT bad? :p

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Nice that they add it to the Valk, I don't see many of those, not even in Thidranki. The class possibly can't be THAT bad? :p

They are hybrid tanks with some abilities that most RvR groups get otherwise or don't want. They can be quite allright when played correct but they aren't on top.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
played my valk in thidranki. very nice class it is. and spear hits very hard.

tbh you can put a valk in a mid tank rvr group aswell.
instead of a second zerker/savage.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Jobbegea said:
played my valk in thidranki. very nice class it is. and spear hits very hard.

tbh you can put a valk in a mid tank rvr group aswell.
instead of a second zerker/savage.
Ofc you can, would belive some classic ppl atleast does it, the snare style rocks so the op rr5 selfbuffed savages can some and kill some ppl without having charge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom