Microsoft fuck off

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck Microsoft.

Stupid fucking Vista, fuck off. WMP FUCK OFF. FUCK OFF MICROSOFT HELP FUCK YOU. I FUCK HATE YOU.

You fucking piece of shit. I hate you.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A very constructive and informative post there. Well done.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Thanks for sharing.

Have you tried WMP12 in Windows 7 yet? I actually quite like it, the way the UI overlays the video and fades out when you move your mouse away. Windows 7 also has DivX/XviD/h264/AVC/AAC capability out of the box. I think the only thing that hasn't played is a .mov that I tried.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I agree with Tasslehoff! I am running XP still, because Vista is shit.. But fuck Microsoft! Only ONE of my wallpaper folder will let me arrange my photos in dimensions.. Rest are either name, size, type or changed! The folders are identical except the files they consist.. Only my Nature folder will let me arrange by dimensions

Fuck you, you money whoring faggot Bill Gates

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If you don't like Microsoft you could always try Linux?

I run vista and not had a problem at all, I can't remember the last time it blue screened. its fast as fuck at booting/shutting down and generally does exactly what I want it to do. Its hungry on the RAM but its so cheap these days I bought 8gig.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm indifferent.

It works, does what is asked, doesn't shut down. Works better then XP. Nothing special, but it works.

Eats ram, but ram is a plenty if you call yourself any kind of gamer.

Only thing i'd gripe about is that you need to do some "work" to make vista your own, customization wise etc. I'd prefer an OS that would let me, in this department, just click and point at stuff what i want things to do/look like.

But, that would probably mean going *minigag* linux or some other weirdo-pervert OS so. Vista it is as it's the best out there.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I still maintain if Vista does not run you have a old and or home built PC, if you hate Vista just because its different to XP thats your call but it should be given a chance as when you are used to it its a great OS.

I really like Windows 7 as well the new start bar is great and i like the media player as well.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tbh, what I like about Vista is, that you can now get Windows for like 60€ instead of the 120+ before. Windows Vista Basic is rather cheap and if it's too memory hungry or does crap, just kill a few useless things (that user account control (UAC), security center, restore points, sidebar)and swich to classic desktop -> problems solved. Hell and if it's still too much, uninstall virus scanners and firewalls or whatever.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Service Configurations by Black Viper

Use the barebone configuration imho :p

Fast

Part of the furniture
Have to agree with previous posts, I'm loving win 7. Win7 > Vista gift wrapped turd. :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Not old to me, first time i've had my eyes on it

Its the third time its been posted on FHOT in the last couple of weeks. I didn't think it was possible but this thread just keeps getting better! :D

I'm gonna try it this weekend

xkcd - A Webcomic - Windows 7

:D

windows_7.png

Made me chuckle

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
3rd time!? I haven't seen it posted here before and I'm 99% active according to my profile :(

edit: New title.. Yay?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Vista is only as bad as you want it to be tbh, if you go install it with the idea that its utter shit in the back of your head, it will be utter shit. If you go in thinking it might be alright, it'll be alright or even surprise you.

This is assuming you have a computer that can run it ofcourse. 600mb ram is nothing to a gamer :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, I think vista is great, runs like a dream, no problems at all.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I've calmed down now. Vista just won't allow me to listen to some wma protected files. It irritated me, to say the least :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
if you don't like MS there's always apple...

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
if you don't like MS there's always apple...

Only if people stop freaking about Jobs's health.

Tasslehoff did allude to Vista, but mostly it was Microsoft he told to fuck off. Can't argue with that, bastards. :flame:

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Why are you using wma in the first place? :twak:

That's the only thing that will play the WMA-protected files.. And needed to be able to play them to be able to convert them to my Itunes-library. And all of it just fucked :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i have to agree i actually bought a copy of vista because i thought it would actually be quite good and frankly its been hell ever since

ive had silly amounts of BSOD had to format about 7-8 times and now (crossed fingers) it seems to be stable thanks to some small changes in bios and various other tweaks and disables

i rang MS support on one occasion because it wasnt accepting my product key, this also didnt work when i told em this they told me basically i would have to buy another copy to which i replied go fuck yourselves ill just crack the fuckin thing and promptly hung up. it took 10 mins to explain to the silly bitch it was a custom build not a bleedin dell computer

vista itself when it runs smooth is nice it boots very fast and it does look nice and there are some nice features it is however stupidly resource intensive need a good gfx card and lots of RAM.

all i can say is we better get free upgrades to windows 7.

soze

I am a FH squatter
all i can say is we better get free upgrades to windows 7.

There is no chance of that would be like expecting a free upgrade from ME to XP Home. They may offer a cheap upgrade but I doubt free.

Nor should they have too if you had problems loading Vista on a Home Build that is not MS fault they did not guarantee it was compatible with that hardware and configuration so not their fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom