Microsoft certification

Kryten

Old Cow.
Alright folks,

Anyone happen to know the current costs of the MS MCP/MCSE examinations?
Work is moving around here rather a lot and we might end up doing insurance work which then puts me in a position of being underqualified and therefore unable to carry out component level engineering as required; quite why they require MCSE to do that, I don't know, it seems rather irrelevant.

But, the peice of paper will no doubt be of some vague use to me in future should I decide this job is no longer satisfactory.
I did a single examination circa 6 years ago which technically (I believe) makes me an MCP (no, not a male chaevanist pig!) and that was £88 at the time.

Or is there anyone out there, charities or companies that help with this sort of thing, such as spreading the cost and what not. Preferably not morons like Computeach though. I don't want the faff of courses, when I'm more experienced than most the trainers/tutors involved - theres more than enough resource on the internet and in my own head.

Cheers

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Well it costs bugger all to actually sit the exams - around the £100 pound mark iirc.

You dont need to do the courses to sit the exams, you could walk off the street and do them. But there are organisations that charge you a load of money for training, which to me is money poorly spent (but then - if it isnt your money....)

Get the books for the courses you want to do, hit a site like MCSE, A+ and CCNA Certification Practice Exams, MCSE Training, Online Courses and Assessments and do the test questions over and over and you will be sorted.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I'm assuming then still 100 per exam? (being 7 of them)
Even 100 on its own is a hell of a lot of money for someone in my situation, hence asking in the first place. I'm now trying to get the company to hopefully foot the bill. Wishful thinking ;)

The only "training" or revision I'd need to do would be on the Microsoft theory bumph - i.e. writing down what they want to hear rather than hard fact or important detail. (Although I know it's not as bad as Cisco for that, they're more interested in getting the names right than how it works and how to set it up )

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Glad I checked this actually. Will help when/if I start looking to do my MCDBA cert. If I ever get around to it. £100 an exam is a bit meh, but I guess it's worth it in the end.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Currently waiting to sit my 270. 290 and 291 atm and yes around £100 per should do it and with the current 2 for 1 thing MS has going, it eases the preasure a bit as you get 2nd bite of the cherry.

Also check out Microsoft distance learning stuff.

MCSE on Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/

You may find some cheaper then classroom based.

Check out the local colleges see if any run any of the Microsoft course. By me we have a college that runs 4 of the 7 and they goverment funded so you get them at 50% of what everyone else seems to be charging.

err. ProProfs Forums is a good place some info on tests and stuff. Lots of good info and practise tests.

errr... Try to find a Microsoft IT Academy place if you do have to do classroom study.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
please beware of sharing cert materials that may be copyrighted on the forums lads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom