Michelle Ryan as Bionic Woman

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | US success as Bionic Woman debuts

I suppose a lot of people already know about this, but I'm quite interested in seeing how this programme turns out. By pure coincidence I found a stack of DVDs in a charity shop the other week with episodes of the original version, which I've been watching for historical research reasons... I always thought the Bionic Woman got a bit short changed having a bionic ear instead of eyes when I was a kid, but watching it now I wonder if the producers in the 70s thought that a bionic ear to listen out for gossip was kind of funny to give to a woman.

I want to see how they do the fast running etc, watching the old ones now looks like one of those nightmares where you think you're running really fast but you're hardly moving at all.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I want to see her running as well.
I wonder how that would work, I mean the dynamics - would they jiggle at bionic speeds or would they go at their own time, like one movement every four steps or something?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I would chuck one over my thumb at any speed tbfh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I saw the pilot a while back and it isn't too bad, she does a decent yank accent and she has a lovely pair o'chesticles.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I saw the pilot a while back and it isn't too bad, she does a decent yank accent and she has a lovely pair o'chesticles.

Yeah. I saw the pilot too and it was OK but nothing special.

Seemed darker and more violent than I remember.

I actually don't know who Michelle Ryan is.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ex eastenders actor with great figure.

Gray

FH is my second home
Ah wow, thats Zoe Slater? Christ, she was hot back then and seemingly still is!

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I assumed he was joking/being sarcastic?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Watched the pilot some time ago and had to laugh when I found out the reason for the deaf sister's recasting for the final version of the first ep:

" At least 3 versions of the pilot episode were produced. The first version had Mae Whitman cast as Jaime's deaf sister, a character that sparked criticism from hearing-impaired rights groups when it was learned the actress wasn't deaf in real life. This version of the pilot was one of several widely circulated on the Internet during the summer of 2007; at the 2007 San Diego Comic Con, an edited-down, half-hour version of this pilot was shown to audience members as a preview of the new series. For broadcast, however, several scenes were filmed, and the cast changed with a new actress playing Jaime's sister, and the hearing-impaired subplot being eliminated."

Stop the press! Actress in pretending to be something she's not onscreen shocker, hah.

:m00:

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I know what you're saying, and sort of agree, but I guess they thought, the society, that the role was a perfect opportunity to use an actual deaf actor and they were a bit disappointed that they didn't. It makes sense to me to use a real deaf person/Chinese person/midget/dog/ to play the roles if they have such a person/creature that can do it, rather than someone pretending to be Chinese or whatever. I mean, don't you ever see films with a guy with a really bad English accent and think why the Hell didn't they actually use an English guy, for instance?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What's worse is that I have it on good authority that Tom Cruise, who played a guy with grey hair in Collateral, DOESN'T ACTUALLY HAVE GREY HAIR!!!!!

I'm sure there are just as many if not MORE grey haired actors than deaf actors. Why not get one of them? It's tantamount to racism is what it is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What's worse is that I have it on good authority that Tom Cruise, who played a guy with grey hair in Collateral, DOESN'T ACTUALLY HAVE GREY HAIR!!!!!

Hey come on, that's nothing, you know those short people who played hobbits in Lord of the rings? Not short!

That actor playing gimli(or what's hsi name), he's somewhere between 6-7 feet! :eek6:

And you're not going to believe this...gandalf...not a real mage. Nope! No magic at all!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Next you'll be telling me there wernt giants and dragons and shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom