Mic problem (Glen)

L

Lester

I know these have been brought up before but here goes anyhoo.

I just changed my sound card and now no-one can hear me in cs anymore. I've maxed the settins in Windows and also in the cs customize menu thingy. The little icon lights up when i press my talk button (delete) but to no avail. It's a cheap sound card but it can't be any worse than the on board that worked fine before. In the recorder in Windows the volume is still really low and the mic is always on even when I'm not recording (you can hear it thru the speakers if you tap it etc)

Any ideas chaps?

G

Gumbo

How cheap is cheap, because my old really cheap soundcard had exactly the same symptoms, though my SBL!ve, (also cheap) works fine.

C

.Cask

Mine did that. I was playing DoD and shouting at people and no one could hear me.

What I did was went into the windows audio settings and clicked off the 20dB mic boost, then clicked it back on again. Seems to work alright now but dunno how it bodged-in in the first place :/

L

Lester

People have mentioned this 20db thing before but i cant find that box anywhere....

Windows 2000 btw

A

-adz-

Its hiding in your volume control slider bits, switch it to adjust volume for recording, and it should be accessed by the advanced button underneath microphone

1tchy trigger

Originally posted by Lester
People have mentioned this 20db thing before but i cant find that box anywhere....

Those 'people' were me in IRC and well you know it young lester - AND i told you exactly where you should be able to find the button - it sounds like (pardon the pun) you need to update your sound card drivers as when I reinstalled Windows 2000 recently my 'advanced options' button and 'mic volume slider' disappeared - that was until I updated the drivers.

J

Johnny Bravo

Before you do anything try a simple little test, change the button you use to talk m8

Do not use delete, insert, end, home, pg up or pg down, just rebind the key to a different one from those cluster of 6.

It doesn't always work, but has been known to fix this kinda problem ;)

T

Trem

Originally posted by 1tchy trigger

Those 'people' were me in IRC and well you know it young lester - AND i told you exactly where you should be able to find the button - it sounds like (pardon the pun) you need to update your sound card drivers as when I reinstalled Windows 2000 recently my 'advanced options' button and 'mic volume slider' disappeared - that was until I updated the drivers.

Oh god yes, at last someone else who realises that Lester just doesn't listen:eek:

Try Johnnys thing Lee, it tends to work, although I'm liking the not hearing you thing.....its nice.

Z

ZaPpeh

Sounds like your soundcard isnt "full Duplex"
Which means it can only record 'or' play not record 'and' play.
Its quite common for cheap soundcards to be half duplex, and you are not correct in thinking its better than the soundcard onboard, onboard soundcards are generally ok and nowadays are full duplex.

Y

~YuckFou~

[wij] Hehe Lester can't do it both ways [/wij]

Users who are viewing this thread