Mezz what r your views!

Scotticus

Fledgling Freddie
Guys this not a nerff this class or nerff that class thread im really just after your definitions on how you all perceive mezz in the game we play...

In my opinion mezz the way it is at the moment ruin's the game in that most battles are not the best skilled 8v8 or XvX its who can get there mez off the quickest and then just spam the mezz button till all are mezzed and interrupted, now im not sure about you guys but i find this pretty lame and also pretty boring but what can we do? This is the way the game mechanics work so it would be wrong to start calling people lame right?
Ofc we all know until mythic chance the way the game works , peoples attitudes wont change and this game gets more and more suited to the 1 button merchant :(

So here are a few ideas
ok first off how about putting mezz on every character on say a 10 sec recast timer (then peeps cant just spam one button , if you are not mezzed by the initial mezz thats it fight on! at least it gives the jumped on group a fighting chance.

Or what about making all mezz focus spell's , maybe not like a chanter where you cant move ect but more like how a vamps mezz works so if you cast another spell in chancel's out your mez but you can still move around the battlefield ect.

Or how about just reducing the time mezz lasts for to say about 20 sec max , this would have less impact and would hopefully give the mezz'd group a chance rather than some of the silly timers that are on mezz at the moment.

Now i know there are realm ability's like purge charge ect and thats great, bring the timers down also imo, again theses are just my thoughts and would really like to hear what you guys have to say and if it is worth taking up this point with mythic?

:drink:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
just give an instant single target mez on a 10second timer :m00:

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Or you could just wait for he upcomming changes with determination and watch mezz become less of an issue

Raewyn

Fledgling Freddie
They're already making heavy determination changes and imo, mezz is fine as it is.

The thing that sucked majorly among other things in WoW PvP was that it lacked effective forms of AE crowd control (ie. mezz). I don't really want to see DAoC PvP go the same way.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
mezz is crap nowadays, 99% purge, those who dont use purge have that thing called charge....oh yeah and some have determination.

purge if landed first would really affect the outcome of a fight but nowadays its just 10 seconds of interupts whilst ppl react.

its like me saying "dont let det tanks have uber dmg all the time, make them hit once every 10 seconds"

classes with good mezz aka sorc/bard/healer are used for crowd control, they are what can twist the outcome of a fight...but lets deprive them of this and just get spam aoe rooted but druids or spam diseased by shamans

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
only thing I dont like with aoeCC is that it interrupts even though you have purged or am on a immunitytimer. This in its turn allows aoeCC to be used for interrupting, and also means tanks dont have to use their brains much, assist and you will kill stuff, meanwhile, if it wasnt so easy to interrupt, you would probably have to play alittle bit smarter and split up the force in order to supress enemies that otherwise are free to cast.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to se one very simple change. If you are mezz immune (goes for stun and NS as well actually), then recasting mezz on you should NOT interupt.

This would completely ngate the mezz spamming to keep a group interupted.

Speaking as a Sorc who can use this 'tactic' very effectively with 44 mind spec it is pretty stupid that having a spell you are immune to cast on you should make it impossible for you to do anything.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
"Working as nintendo".

Det, Purge, SOS, its all there, just RA spec right and its not a problem.

Basleline stun on casters, now thats a problem.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
purge,
charge
SOS
energy/body resists
stoicism
Det

There is plenty to deal with mezz.. start using it. Playing on alb without a insta mezz or SOS typically at the moment our grp is losing 70% of incoming mezzes but winning 95% of fights. I dont think who wins first mezz wins the fight at all.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
"Working as nintendo".

Baseline stun will be a minor lag spike to tanks ;)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Wait for the next patch, base line stun is very weak on tanks now, maybe 1-2 secs duration on a det tank with good resists (not even counting stoicsm). If you arent a tank then really if the rest of your group lets a caster nuke you uniterupted for 8 seconds then well quite franlkly you deserve to die...
Baseline stun, which ive been listenting to people whine about for the last year or so, has been a non issue since Ive been playing on alb.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
"Working as nintendo".

Can't get Det, got Purge 3, can't get SOS.

Purge and you are still interupted. Sure I could get MoC but you're talking 30 points for that plus at least 15 for purge. just to avoid being interupted by someone spamming a button.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
just to avoid being interupted by someone spamming a button.

Not to state the obvious but someone in your group should be interupting right back at them... If you are letting a caster just apam aoes on your support the whole fight something is wrong. The interupt system works fine at the moment (only in my opinion of course) , except for the quick cast bug.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Not to state the obvious but someone in your group should be interupting right back at them... If you are letting a caster just apam aoes on your support the whole fight something is wrong. The interupt system works fine at the moment, except for the quick cast bug.

Sure (ofc this gives a huge advantage to groups running two healers in Mid but lets's leave that to one side). Usually that's me spamming my 450 radius mezz, until I get hit by another realms instant mezz which I can't counter.

The point is once you have used your RAs to purge mezz you shouldn't then be interupted by it while you are immune, it makes a mockery of having an immunity timer.

Scotticus

Fledgling Freddie
danmrman said:
Imo stop whine'ing

just as your sig suggests your a muppet!

this is not a whine i just wanted an idea on what people thought of mezz and the way it works , seems lots of peeps think its ok , thats fine i was just intrested, i gave my opinion and im reading everyone eles how is this a whine?

Scotticus

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Sure (ofc this gives a huge advantage to groups running two healers in Mid but lets's leave that to one side). Usually that's me spamming my 450 radius mezz, until I get hit by another realms instant mezz which I can't counter.

The point is once you have used your RAs to purge mezz you shouldn't then be interupted by it while you are immune, it makes a mockery of having an immunity timer.

totaly agree with you there

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Nothing wrong with mezz, it's only a problem for bad players.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
How about give the CC classes (bard, healer, sorc) A 3.5casting time mezz, no instas etc.

Then it would be fun to see who gets the first mezz.

And to reply to people saying that it when mezz is being spam'd on you, you shouldn't get interupted. Well if you in a decent group your first target should be the CC'er

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I agree with the immunity timer/interrupt thing after Purge. That´s something to discuss about.
However, the other suggestions like decreasing the mezz time to 20s max or make it focus-ish would just completely destroy the concept of entire classes and that´s definitely not a good idea in my books. :)
But then, There are so many tools against mezz these days compared to earlier times when there was no purge and stuff available, that it *should´t* be an issue anymore.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Belomar said:
Nothing wrong with mezz, it's only a problem for bad players.

swap 'bad' for 'low realm rank' and you might have a point :)

I think mezz as it is (for mesmerising purposes) is fine.

I'm not hugely keen on the aoe mezz interrupting though.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, you should not be interupted by ae-cc spam after you have the immunity timer for the effect up.

And as Flim pointed out, to be a "bad player" in this game usually means that your low realm rank, are not using voicecom and even *gasp* run with pickup groups. With these factors making you "unskilled" :touch: the "skilled" enemy can usually lock you down completely with ae-cc spam.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, admittedly, that came out wrong--"bad" players is not the right word. However, even with only one CM:er and with RR2-RR3 chars, our Hib/Avalon group never had much trouble combatting mezz. The days of standing in the gatehouse of AMG in Old Frontier while some enterprising enemy CC:er keeps you mezzed constantly are long gone, there are lots and lots of ways to reduce its impact (most importantly and easily being to spread out properly on inc).

Zede

Part of the furniture
any decent rvr grp vs decent rvr grp with RAs up ToA'd ( lets say rr5+) - mez will just get purged, bracer bubble etc.. Mez just gives you maybe a 2,3 second head start.

after a long fight, its so easy for a lowbie grp to wipe a much higher rr grp, mez ftw :)

Not facing your target when being mezzed is a bigger problem

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Such whine, makes the yanks @ VNboards look clever.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
mezz is fine - lack of aoe CC in wow makes pvp there totally shit (as well as other factors)

there are so many ways to counter mezz, and it is something that all 3 realms have access too

about the interrupt thing: why the hell are you letting a caster stand there spamming you...

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
mezz is fine - lack of aoe CC in wow makes pvp there totally shit (as well as other factors)

you mean you cant mezz 20 peeps then take them out one by one? :touch:

Vagabond

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing I really hate about mezz is when I'm happily walking down the street and some snide bugger pops out and mezz's me, making me miss the bus and be late for bloody work. Bit of a bitch when purge is down and you were running towards the bus stop! :eek7:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
swap 'bad' for 'low realm rank' and you might have a point :)

I think mezz as it is (for mesmerising purposes) is fine.

I'm not hugely keen on the aoe mezz interrupting though.

/Agree as I put in another recent thread I would like to see the mezz broken or timer halved if repeated. Interrupting by mezz spamming sux right now. No skill whatsoever. Guess we will have to wait and see what the new Dets like. Hope it works well.

Putting mezz on a timer say 5 or 10 secs would be OK imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom