Metropolitan/police

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Hello, few months ago i made a thread asking if anyone had been in police, I now make this one to encourage young people or people who are considering joining, although i may not be in the met as of yet, my uncle is a Dectective Inspector and has been training me for 3 months so i have an upper hand on the recruitment process, and understanding the basics.

Are you tempted to join the Met? Or just your local police force, dont be shy to give it a try you have fantastic carrerr opertunitys ahead of you, you are not just walking on the beat or in an area car their are so many options you can choose in the police after atleast 2 years on the beat, examples would be: CID, CSU, SO19 the list goes on.

With the police you will live an exciting carrerr with great pay and great oppertunitys and hey free travel on bus/trains 24/7 ;)

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
I would never submit to a dictatorial police state. You know why elkie :)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Joor said:
I would never submit to a dictatorial police state. You know why elkie :)

please keep this thread to the subject and not let it go off into your conspirecy ideas joor;)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I was an ex soldier so i know what the career in the forces is like. Me personally wouldnt join the police i got a few friends who have tho and they love it

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Fair enough, if it offends you have deleted posts to make thread back on topic.

Personally I believe most (not all) people join the police for the wrong reasons.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Fair enough, if it offends you have deleted posts to make thread back on topic.

Personally I believe most (not all) people join the police for the wrong reasons.

Thank you for more constructive reply, Im joining the police to make a difference which i believe every officer makes, its something ive always wanted to do and am looking foward to it.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
Thank you for more constructive reply, Im joining the police to make a difference which i believe every officer makes, its something ive always wanted to do and am looking foward to it.

Cool :)

You know Beeks used to be a policeman...he has some brill stories.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Sadly in my Country, to know anything about policing means nothing atm if ur a female gay catholic ur in. Yes i live in Northern Ireland. Due to 80% or so Police being male Protestant they have gone equility mad and turning down perfectly good recruits (yes i did apply once). So atm no and over here is if not what i stated above uve got no chance of getting in either :fluffle:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
most cops are power mad... and more often or not incite violence rather than prevent it and because the way the world works they are more out to make money rather than actually prevent crime/catch criminals.

This is my point of view from what I've seen.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
Hello, few months ago i made a thread asking if anyone had been in police, I now make this one to encourage young people or people who are considering joining, although i may not be in the met as of yet, my uncle is a Dectective Inspector and has been training me for 3 months so i have an upper hand on the recruitment process, and understanding the basics.

Are you tempted to join the Met? Or just your local police force, dont be shy to give it a try you have fantastic carrerr opertunitys ahead of you, you are not just walking on the beat or in an area car their are so many options you can choose in the police after atleast 2 years on the beat, examples would be: CID, CSU, SO19 the list goes on.

With the police you will live an exciting carrerr with great pay and great oppertunitys and hey free travel on bus/trains 24/7 ;)

That's cause the Met get 30k ish and the kent police get 25k!

fuckers!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Elkie come work for me, free excursions to Dubai for 3 months, beats free train tickets tbh

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
Elkie come work for me, free excursions to Dubai for 3 months, beats free train tickets tbh

Im not that smart with computers and id rather arrest you than work with you carl:<

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:

You may want to learn to spell a bit better mate. If you make up to 6 (maybe 7) gramatical errors on your application form your busted back for 6 months/1year untill you can apply again.

/ad

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
That's cause the Met get 30k ish and the kent police get 25k!

fuckers!

Thats because its more expensive to live in London u nubji ( new word yay ) and so they get paid more to help them with living expenses...

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
You may want to learn to spell a bit better mate. If you make up to 6 (maybe 7) gramatical errors on your application form your busted back for 6 months/1year untill you can apply again.

/ad

i dont need to spell properly on a public forum when it comes to doing applications ect dont worry my spelling is fine

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Elkie said:
i dont need to spell properly on a public forum when it comes to doing applications ect dont worry my spelling is fine

Yeah, it is the writing in crayons that will hold him back! ;) :p :D

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Hmm well.. I know 3 people who have joined / are joining the police. All 3 of them are people who failed at university. I do not have high standards of the police really. As been said before some of them really love using their powers, even when its not needed. (like our mods ^^)

But I guess some people are in the police for the right reasons..

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Hahaha :p Yea elks i didnt mean it to come across like that... just a noob from work who applied and didnt get in because of his spelling so i thought id give sum advice :)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Hahaha :p Yea elks i didnt mean it to come across like that... just a noob from work who applied and didnt get in because of his spelling so i thought id give sum advice :)

i did not take it personally took it as advice;)

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
Hmm well.. I know 3 people who have joined / are joining the police. All 3 of them are people who failed at university. I do not have high standards of the police really. As been said before some of them really love using their powers, even when its not needed. (like our mods ^^)

But I guess some people are in the police for the right reasons..

mmm ok... so failing at university makes u a worse person? and pleaseee... not more mod baiting ffs :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
TBH, the police around st helens are sound, got caught on the streets with some booze, showed him my id, he informed me of the ban on drinking on the streets then told me to finish it and stick it in the bin across from where we are..

It's all down to how you re-act to them imo!

And after uni i'm signing up! if i get fit enough^^

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Mey said:
TBH, the police around st helens are sound, got caught on the streets with some booze, showed him my id, he informed me of the ban on drinking on the streets then told me to finish it and stick it in the bin across from where we are..

It's all down to how you re-act to them imo!

And after uni i'm signing up! if i get fit enough^^
hehe come up to oxford then, police ain't tht friendly :)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
mmm ok... so failing at university makes u a worse person? and pleaseee... not more mod baiting ffs :p

uhm no,Im not at uni myself. Im saying that people take it as a 2nd choice, for the wrong reasons.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Depends entirely where you are and the kind of circles you mix in I've found. As a journalist I've come across police officers from most forces across the country. I've found they have no higher proportion of wankers than any other large scale organisation, the problem is, the wankers they do have, have more powers.

Having said that, I've met some absolutely wonderful policemen and women who have dedicated their lives to trying to improve their community and make the streets a safer place to live and for everyone of those I'm more greatful than I can say.

The Met doesn't have such a hot reputation with other police forces in my experience, but it has its good and bad sides the same as any other force. A lot of officers use it as a starting point before transfering out to other forces across the country.

It's certainly not an easy job and anyone who thinks it is should try go out on the beat with an inner city officer one day and see what they have to deal with before deciding that the vast majority of police officers aren't in the force for the right reasons.

I went out with a policeman for seven years, he turned out to be a wanker but not at his job ;)

Best of luck with your application, hope you get in.

PS Have fun in Hendon, there used to be a pretty nice Irish bar on the London Road.

pholas

Fledgling Freddie
"You must unlearn what you have learned." "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."
Yoda-

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
a friend of mine wanted to join for years so she spent ages getting fit enough to join, then a month or so before she was to start her training she had a huge car crash, smashing up one of her legs. the doctors said it would be out of the question for her to join. she has now been in the police for nearly a year :) wouldnt exactly call her un-ambitous.
GL elkie, if its what you want to do then go for it, no matter how much some anal retentive trys to put your choice down, sure beats selling paper clips (or whatever) for a living.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck Elkie, I'm slightly bias when it comes to the police as my ex-mrs went to work for them and it proper changed her as in she thought she was better than everybody else, but all the best :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom