Metroid Prime

L

lynchet

Hmm after a while playing this I have to say Im not sure what all the fuss was about. Don't get me wrong Im enjoying it and it is a very good game but why the mega hype and excitement ??

Doesn't help of course that i've never been a big fan of bosses in games --- and having just fought the first main one (on the planet not the easy space station start one) --- Im in big trouble later on !

S

Sar

Boss fights are the essence of old skool gaming.

L

lynchet

Yes I know, and I always thought they were a weak way out when I was a kid :)

I know Metroid is a long standing name as it were but they can still change things like that if they want :)

Im just interested to see if others feel its worth all the hype -- and would you have been so keen to like it if it wasnt Metroid ?

M

MrBee

looks very nice and some of the puzzles are quite nice..but theres just something missing...

M

monster.

Looks cool. Never really played a Metroid game before. What should I expect ?

A 3d puzzle/adventure game ?

Can't be bothered with another Halo tbh.

L

lynchet

Its definitely more of a platform, puzzle game than all out fps.

And Ive just worked out its subliminal music --- All day Ive had Rolling the Ball by Kate Bush going through my head -- only on going back to Metroid did I properly hear its music with the "rolling the ball" tune bit repeated loads ------- bastards - implanting songs ine me ! :)

M

mank!

Where's the cheapest place to buy it? Are Dixons selling it as part of their £25 thingymajig?

L

leggy

no they aren't mank.

They sold everything and told nintendo to stick it up their cutesey arses.

Gameplay.com is one of the cheapest.

J

Jonny_Darko

It's one hell of a slow starter - by the time you beat the big plant-type boss you'll understand what the fuss is about.

L

lynchet

Not sure -- Ive got considerably past that boss ---- and yes I am enjoying it a lot and think its a good game -- but I still don't see that its the great game its made out to be -- oh well personal viewpoints I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread