Metro Bank

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Everything should be open 7 days / week, this world is so f*cked in some aspects.

Everything is better, faster, technology gold age yet i can't send a card on a saturday :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Totally agree

I don't know about other countries, but here in the UK, the Sunday Trading Laws need to be abolished. People who want Sundays devoted to God can do so & stop preaching the bible to the vast majority of us who couldn't give a shit about god, the bible, or the sanctitiy of the sabbath. Meanwhile the rest of the human race wants to be able to buy sausages at their local supermarket at 8pm on a Sunday night if they so wish. There's god knows how many millions out there looking for work. Let em work Sunday night. If I was desperate for a job I'd do it. The workshy British can't be bothered to do anything that involves hard graft, late nights, or effort. And they moan that the bloody foreigners are taking their jobs. I tell you, this country needs a kick up the arse.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Everything should be open 7 days / week, this world is so f*cked in some aspects.

Everything is better, faster, technology gold age yet i can't send a card on a saturday :p

Should we all work 7 days a week then?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
No, but (1) there's plenty of people who DO work 7 days a week (2) there's plenty of people out there sponging benefit off the state - give em the option to work sundays - if they refuse, cut their unemployment benefit lazy fuckers (3) supply and demand - the general public want shops & supermarkets open after 4pm on sundays and if the law wasn't there, the shops would be open and people would work there (4) I've worked on a sunday before - AND - 7 days a week at one city bank - its no big deal when you're young - yes its hard work but you get paid for it and it didn't last more than a couple of months (5) you'll just get given another day off in lieu

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Should we all work 7 days a week then?

Well Lamp said it in a bit more words, but; 24/7 shops exist and work and there's people out of jobs. Two problems solved really.

That's a silly argument to put forward as it wouldn't even work like that.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I got new phone line set up (cancelled the one I ordered yesterday and decoded on a different provider) today, Easter sunday, the call centre sounded like it was full and the guy was really helpful...I have to say I do like being able to get stuff done on a holiday; the thought that everything grinds to a hault does make me a bit annoyed and if you only get like one day off a week and it happens to be a sunday you are a bit buggered because everything is shut down.

There's really no excuse for it now, like the man said it's not really necessary to shut everything so that people can go to church these days because not many people do Oo

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I like the ideas they're proposing (other than dodging the fact their interest rates will be higehr for borrowers and lower for those with savings, he did well at dodging those bullets.)

The first few outlay projects won't make a difefrence to those outside Greater London. In the future when and if they spread out of the capital is ever more interesting.

Bringing your dogs and kids in for the fun? Well, imagine walking into that bank when it's full of the chaos that both of those bring. Might be a laugh, but not a nice customer atmosphere for those who don't have either.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Well Lamp said it in a bit more words, but; 24/7 shops exist and work and there's people out of jobs. Two problems solved really.

That's a silly argument to put forward as it wouldn't even work like that.

You did say "everything" should be open, which includes all of the businesses that don't hire part time staff. So no, it wouldn't work like that because it wouldn't work at all.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bringing your dogs and kids in for the fun?

They'd have to hire someone to clean dog poop up from the floor

"excuse me sir, I just need to get to that pile of poop...thank you...oh there another bit under your...oh you've troden all in it...there's a tap outside where Sir can wash his flip-flop"

eww

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You did say "everything" should be open, which includes all of the businesses that don't hire part time staff. So no, it wouldn't work like that because it wouldn't work at all.

Well if they don't hire part time staff, then they can't be open ofc. But if the overnment decides so, then the government ofc gets the needed manpwoer to handle psot etc.

Everything doesn't mean every single barber shop and advertising company, public services is the issue here.

It's a matter of doing it and you've yet to put one point forward which would debunk the plausability of it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There are plenty of 24hour places, generally where there is demand. They are there to make money if only a handful of people use the service then there is no point running it. I have no idea how much it costs for a shop to be open per hour but if they don't make any money if open at night then they aren't going to be open at night are they?
If there was money to be made at night then they would be open at night, like supermarkets.

gohan

FH is my second home
Totally agree

I don't know about other countries, but here in the UK, the Sunday Trading Laws need to be abolished. People who want Sundays devoted to God can do so & stop preaching the bible to the vast majority of us who couldn't give a shit about god, the bible, or the sanctitiy of the sabbath. Meanwhile the rest of the human race wants to be able to buy sausages at their local supermarket at 8pm on a Sunday night if they so wish. There's god knows how many millions out there looking for work. Let em work Sunday night. If I was desperate for a job I'd do it. The workshy British can't be bothered to do anything that involves hard graft, late nights, or effort. And they moan that the bloody foreigners are taking their jobs. I tell you, this country needs a kick up the arse.

the sabbath is on saturday xD just thought id throw that in

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Lamp; having worked for over 10 years in retail I am against increasing sunday trading. Yes there are lots of people that want to work, but you would end up with people feeling forced to work sundays, for fear of losing their jobs or missing out on hour. Also the management staff, the people that work security, the car parks.

Leave people a day of relative rest, I'm not religious in anyway, but I don't believe in a 7 day working week.

edit:// Too much for me to want to get into it right now, but Raven is right. Small shops can open on sunday, it's dependent on square footage. This protects smaller high street shops from supermarkets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom