Metallica live tour...whos going??

Gamah

Banned
Now I have your attention, I would like to say that I wish these old metal bands would fuck off and stop having these tours/concert appearances.

It's quite honestly a group of old fucks on stage trying to squeeze as many pennies out of the public as possible before they finally can't walk anymore and have to sit in a day home, wanking one off for the rest of their lives.

The music is old, and doesn't sound good anymore (1. since it's out dated 2. there voices are fucked) and they can come up with nothing new so just keep rehashing old tripe.

I hate going to festivals and hearing this tripe, but you'll be damned if you can say anything bad about them for you will be deemed a heathen.

YOUR TIME IS OVER, YOUR WRINKLES ARE SHOWING, YOUR SONGS ARE SHIT....FUCK OFF.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Jealousy is great.

EDIT:

Okay, I'll try a semi-serious reply. Depending on some bands, I have to agree. There are a few groups who I wish didn't come back and would just stop making music. BUT, bands like Metallica, AC/DC, Maiden, Slayer etc STILL have a great gig performance, still sing and play their instruments well and generally are still quite good. Granted, newer albums arn't that great, but what do you expect?

It's no longer to do with being 'metalheads/headbangers' they're professional musicians now. Of course they want money.

Perhaps if you actually went to see some of the bands you whine about..

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Iron maiden still put on a great show and haven't lost much over the years.

Even Ozzy is still putting on a half decent show :p

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
I don't personally like metallica, iron maiden, AC/DC etc but I do prefer older music (not metal). Modern music is just shit. They need to keep performing the shows for their fans. Yes alot of them are in it for the money but some bands actually care for the fans and keep coming back to give them more shows.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Sorry but i agree with Gamah tbh,
Saw motorhead and it was complete crap, we watched the opening acts and left

I cant comment on metallica i only like a couple of their songs

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I have seen lots of bands who are still doing the small arena circuit who suck, and would probaly fit well into your view of things Gamah. But the likes of Metallica who are still going strong and are still filling stadiums are in a different leauge, not just in the rock/metal world but in general.

Edit, and why would you want them to fuck off?, if you don't like them dont go see them but why would removing the option for everyone else make you happy? there is plenty of crap music about and it's a damn sight harder to get away from and ignore that most metal bands.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture

Marc

FH is my second home
Modern music is shit and the reason i dont go to festivals anymore. People can slag off metalica for still touring, but they can still fill venues like wembley which says a lot. Bands like Snow Patrol, Killers, MCR, Arctic Monkeys, all these shit bands, wont even be around in 5 years, let alone 20 to fill these massive venues.

Imagine when another "old timer" band, Guns n roses, finally release Chinese Democracy. I tell you now, it will sell more copies than all these young upstart bands have sold in their entire careers combined.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
as old as they might be, there's people who still really enjoy their music.. so even if they play a mediocre set their fans are still having the time of their lifes.. when i think of them i think yuck old men who cant rock it... though i dont really like their songs.. but when my favorite band are "past it" and still doing gigs ill be there at the front no doubt about it

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Now I have your attention, I would like to say that I wish these old metal bands would fuck off and stop having these tours/concert appearances.

It's quite honestly a group of old fucks on stage trying to squeeze as many pennies out of the public as possible before they finally can't walk anymore and have to sit in a day home, wanking one off for the rest of their lives.

The music is old, and doesn't sound good anymore (1. since it's out dated 2. there voices are fucked) and they can come up with nothing new so just keep rehashing old tripe.

I hate going to festivals and hearing this tripe, but you'll be damned if you can say anything bad about them for you will be deemed a heathen.

YOUR TIME IS OVER, YOUR WRINKLES ARE SHOWING, YOUR SONGS ARE SHIT....FUCK OFF.

YouTube - Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

Some should keep performing, you can tell they do it for enjoyment. But yeh greedy shithawks like Metallica really should just pack it in.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
But yeh greedy shithawks like Metallica really should just pack it in.

Unjustified given the price of their tickets compared to, Madonna, Stones, Barbra Streisand etc

Those greedy shithawks as you call them are STILL selling tickets at standard prices. :m00:

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Unjustified given the price of their tickets compared to, Madonna, Stones, Barbra Streisand etc

Those greedy shithawks as you call them are STILL selling tickets at standard prices. :m00:

Well yes they are all worse but Metallica are still really bad for it, people like them and madonna were also the ones leading the charge on pirated music,

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Well yes they are all worse but Metallica are still really bad for it, people like them and madonna were also the ones leading the charge on pirated music,

How can they be bad for it if they sell standard price tickets and have always done so? Yeah the Napster thing was shit and they have been punished plenty for that one and rightly so. :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
How can they be bad for it if they sell standard price tickets and have always done so? Yeah the Napster thing was shit and they have been punished plenty for that one and rightly so. :p

surely they should be doing the opposite if it was really "for the music", and making the tickets cheaper
it's not as if they need the money

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
surely they should be doing the opposite if it was really "for the music", and making the tickets cheaper
it's not as if they need the money

Oh right so now Metallica have to sell tickets cheaper than anyone else?, it's not enough that they keep their tickets prices in line with standard rates when the could like some charge way more? talking about moving the goalposts!

Why don't our local bands charge less? after all they don't have to fly all their kit places? greedy fuckers! :m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes...it's the money. Always about the money *nods*

Bet bill gates makes new software for money, or lucas new films for money, or anyone who enjoyes their job!

They have plenty. They don't need sh*t all more.

The bands could play in a garage somewhere and be happy, but people want to see them, so they provide.

They love to play, people love to see them, what is the major f*cking malfunction?

the ticket prices go to travel and other expenses...but think someone mentioned that allready.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Yes...it's the money. Always about the money *nods*

Bet bill gates makes new software for money, or lucas new films for money, or anyone who enjoyes their job!

They have plenty. They don't need sh*t all more.

The bands could play in a garage somewhere and be happy, but people want to see them, so they provide.

They love to play, people love to see them, what is the major f*cking malfunction?

the ticket prices go to travel and other expenses...but think someone mentioned that allready.

That's a stupid argument, rich people like getting richer, if that wasn't true there wouldn't be all the billionares in the world.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
That's a stupid argument, rich people like getting richer, if that wasn't true there wouldn't be all the billionares in the world.

If you were offered a 100% pay rise you would turn it down because you have enough? Probably not, so what the cut off point?, at which point should people stop making more money? and why should they?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

They might get richer in the process, but claiming they do it for the money? That's the "stupid" argument, not the one i'm making. They do it for the job. They couldn't care less for the money. Sure, you can collect more of it, but if you have 3000 ice cubes, 10 won't change your life.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
They might get richer in the process, but claiming they do it for the money? That's the "stupid" argument, not the one i'm making. They do it for the job. They couldn't care less for the money. Sure, you can collect more of it, but if you have 3000 ice cubes, 10 won't change your life.

The majority of the world's rich (aside from perhaps sportsman and some musicians) have sould destroyingly boring professions, you can't say people like Abramovich do it for the love of the oil industry.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
If you were offered a 100% pay rise you would turn it down because you have enough? Probably not, so what the cut off point?, at which point should people stop making more money? and why should they?

That's exactly my point, people don't just stop wanting to make money because they have enough to retire comfortabley.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The majority of the world's rich (aside from perhaps sportsman and some musicians) have sould destroyingly boring professions, you can't say people like Abramovich do it for the love of the oil industry.

We're talking about a band.

Or in my example, a nerd.

Sure there are a-holes who just want monye money money by any means, but those arn't the people discussed here.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
We're talking about a band.

Or in my example, a nerd.

Sure there are a-holes who just want monye money money by any means, but those arn't the people discussed here.

I thought we were talking more generally as you brought in the Bill Gates example. But getting back to the point with regards to Metallica i would have to go back to them going after people downloading there music, to me that just shows pure greed, oh no they might make 6 million from album sales instead of 7 million!!11 If they truly loved there music they would want it to be more widely available rather than just trying to become mega rich off it. Piracy effects the smaller groups who live or die on their record sales they should be the ones complaining not people like Metallica, yet these smaller groups are the ones making their music available for FREE, they're the ones who have my respect. Im sure Metallica were like that once.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Simply, if people want to see them, they should carry on. Doesn't matter about the money. i was going to pay £50 to see metallica on sunday but lost my ebay auction, still would of paid that much because it's worth it to me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I thought we were talking more generally as you brought in the Bill Gates example. But getting back to the point with regards to Metallica i would have to go back to them going after people downloading there music, to me that just shows pure greed, oh no they might make 6 million from album sales instead of 7 million!!11 If they truly loved there music they would want it to be more widely available rather than just trying to become mega rich off it. Piracy effects the smaller groups who live or die on their record sales they should be the ones complaining not people like Metallica, yet these smaller groups are the ones making their music available for FREE, they're the ones who have my respect. Im sure Metallica were like that once.

Well like i said, my examples are valid since those are (now) rich nerds who probably care more about kewl then cash.

About metallica going after piracy, hell, you don't have to be a politician to say that something is wrong. If they believe that piracy is wrong, and want to spend money on a futile battle, then more power to them and their fight for it.

If a band would start giving out free stuff/gigs after they "prime", people would take use of it, and it would COST them money to do so. So now to be "valiant and music lover" you have to loose money? In two to five years, the band would be broke.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Oh right so now Metallica have to sell tickets cheaper than anyone else?, it's not enough that they keep their tickets prices in line with standard rates when the could like some charge way more? talking about moving the goalposts!
Sorry but that argument is plain stupid, you basically have just said everyone else does it so i should too.
If it was about the music they wouldnt care about the profits, prime example Gorillaz who took a loss when they did their funky light show.
THAT is doing it for the music. i am by no means saying you should take a loss but the majority of every ticket is profit not cost for the venue
Or are you seriously incinuating that it costs £3,500,000 (70,000, average) to 4,500,000 (90,0000 people, capacity crowd) to run a concert
Why don't our local bands charge less? after all they don't have to fly all their kit places? greedy fuckers! :m00:

Local bands do charge less, i paid £10 to see snow patrol in a club a couple of months ago for example.
I wouldnt pay over £20 to see a local band (who are incidently in more need of sales than big names)
Hell its £5-10 to get into most Jazz clubs in London

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry but that argument is plain stupid

Not as stupid as putting the onus on Metallica to set a president when there are countless examples of other band/groups/artist blatantly ripping people off in this country and their tours in general, but then this is coming from someone who steadfastly refused to accept that Nirvana were a "huge" band.

As for £10-15 to see a gig at club that's normal, as is £25-35 for an arena and £40-60 for a stadium and £150-170 for a 3 day festival.

Now go find out who actually rips people off, there are plenty of examples from the last 12 months.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
About metallica going after piracy, hell, you don't have to be a politician to say that something is wrong. If they believe that piracy is wrong, and want to spend money on a futile battle, then more power to them and their fight for it.

Do you honestly thing Metallica went after piracy because they had some moral objection to it? :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom