Mercfiltrator

O

old.Sko

99% main. gauche/stilleto of soulshade
99% stilleto - backup
and some older blades in inventory, as cannot-style-but-can-poison solution :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Sko
99% main. gauche/stilleto of soulshade
99% stilleto - backup
and some older blades in inventory, as cannot-style-but-can-poison solution :)

Yeah, fast weapons hitting more often, but for less. Greydark is using a guarded rapier mainhand, which will naturally hit some 50% harder per swing than yours.

K

katt!

have you even checked how much defensive penalty/bonus affects evade?

someone logged 400 bonus/penalty/nothing and it did affect misses + blocks, but not evade.

F

-frostor-

i played with crafted rapier 16.4 qua 98%
and rancid black tooth dps 15.3 qua 100%

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Pin

Yeah, fast weapons hitting more often, but for less. Greydark is using a guarded rapier mainhand, which will naturally hit some 50% harder per swing than yours.
Actually i ran around with g. rapier for some time - damage still didnot break 200 mark.

Z

Zag Barr

This discussion was done on the VN boards. There they came to the conlusion that greydark is doing so extremely well because of his playing abilities and his level 50 buffbot - a bit like Alpha over here :) But nobody seriously expects do do as well as Alpha by copying his spec, do you?

Having to spec thrust to 50 is gimpy enuff. Why in hell would you want to spec another line to 50, if the styles suck?

Obscure is the only style that is better then our CS-Styles. Ýou get that at 18. So after that, DW for us is the chance to increase our damage by increasing the chance for our offhand weapon to hit unstyled (!!!).

With 30 DW / items (+11 when we get SC) / DR (+30 if u go all the way) / some RR = up to 80 in effective DW, which is high enuff for me.

This leaves enuff spec points for me to get CS, Stealth and Envenom to 50 @ RR6.

P

Pin

Actually i ran around with g. rapier for some time - damage still didnot break 200 mark.

With what style? I get 100-150 unstyled with my gladius.

O

old.Sko

I remember hitting some sb as low as
120 on df, and 102 on hamstring. will run tonight with log and get some data with and without buffs - at least something to compare to said logs.

P

Pin

I remember hitting some sb as low as
120 on df, and 102 on hamstring. will run tonight with log and get some data with and without buffs - at least something to compare to said logs.

You'll likely be getting 40% resist on SBs (15 from armour and 25 from items) - I know that's what I usually face nowadays. Looking at all Greydark's fights, he doesn't post a log of a single fight against anyone with higher than 12% total thrust resist.

Another question... What is your CS at? With 44+8 on live I hit much harder with Hamstring than DF. With 44+14 on Gorre the difference is huge.

O

old.Sko

I`m running with 39+5 atm, so probably its the cause for it.

A

Arthwyr

Oki spec i might be going for since it seems to hold the middle betwee na CS and DW spec

stealth 35
Envenom 36
CS 34 (PA CD + Garrote should do it on most casters)
DW 32
Thrust 50

O

old.Sko

Well, run some tests yesterday. All those who want to get damage greydark shows should seriously consider leveling a buffbot. Even gimped cookie cutter spec of mine shows similiar average damage with said log on low resist targets.

O

old.Sanar

Well how would you think of this:

50 thrust
50 DW
34 CS
33 stealth
12 env (can get to first enervating poison @ 22)

That would be mercinfiltrator with still the ability to kill casters with cs moves with the cost of best enervating and lifebane, which might not be bad with he upcoming DOT resists... What do you think?

BTW that spec is obtainable with autoing to 48. Without auto it leaves stealth to 30 and env to 13.

O

old.LandShark

Well, you don't really need 50DW if you're still going to have 30+ CS...
there's no DW move that doesn't have a better alternative in CS spec.

About the flank/shadow's reign styles.... SR has no to-hit bonus :( and the damage of both is fairly poor, about the same as the thrust style lunge.

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Arthwyr
Oki spec i might be going for since it seems to hold the middle betwee na CS and DW spec

stealth 35
Envenom 36
CS 34 (PA CD + Garrote should do it on most casters)
DW 32
Thrust 50

that is a scarily good spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom